“Great food, terrible service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 25 restaurants in Salamanca
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hamburg, New York
“Great food, terrible service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is actually a follow up review. We absolutely love the food and atmosphere here. The staff is very friendly and attentive, however the last few times we have been here it has not been up to par. We usually come in for lunch and sit at the bar. The person who has recently waited on us seems to be more interested in putting on her makeup and fixing her hair than waiting on customers. The bar top area is still dirty and sticky from the night before and no attempt is made to clean it up even after we have ordered. Once our food has been delivered no attempt is made to see how things are/were and actually disappears on her phone. The last time we received no utensils or waters. Just writing this in hopes that an attempt is made to correct this as I would hate for them to lose business as my partner has already stated he won't be back. As I said the food is great and I understand that everyone/place has an off day but this was now the 3rd time this happened and it's not like we go every week or month so I'm sure it's occurring on a regular basis. I hope I can convince my partner to go back and this doesn't happen again. I definitely love and recommend the food and atmosphere.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Salamanca, New York, United States
“casual dining 5 star food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Enjoyed a wonderful meal of filet mignon and lobster tail for two including soup and beverages for $60. Nice quiet dining room, linen tablecloths and yet come in your jeans. Definitely going back!!

Visited October 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
“Slow service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The food was good but not worth the wait. Tried this place twice now, and both times the waiting was ridiculous! If you're not hungry, it might be an OK place to go.

Visited February 2013
“Absolutely rude in the restaurant.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I have never been treated so poorly in a restaurant by a hostess. I would never reccomend this restaurant to anyone. If you're not treated kindly by the hostess the rest is down hill... And it was. We were really insulted and dine out regularly and will never return and tell our family the same.

Lockport, New York
“we'll be back!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

pass by myers whenever we are going to allegany state park & have always wanted to stop. finally made it there and it was totally a great experience! our server ,Bridgett was so on top of things.my steak was cooked to perfection.my husband had the walleye, & was very happy with his meal also.had a great dinning experience & could tell the staff were well trained.look forward to returning, hopefully stay at their inn! excellant

• Visited January 2013