“Very good meal and dining experience.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Syracuse, New York
“Very good meal and dining experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

A co worker invited me to dinner here while in the area on business. A casino would not have been my first choice, no offense to anyone. My co worker dines here a lot and now I know why. The food and service was very good. Being a steakhouse I stuck to that theme. My NY Strip was done to a perfect rare, very tender and had great flavor. The sides and salad spot on. I didn't have room for dessert so I can't comment.
Now let's address price and value. It's a steak house, high quality steaks and seafood at a casino. The menu is a la carte, so some would say high priced. But add it up, very nice décor, comfortable tables and chairs, big comfy booths for those that like it intimate, very professional service, quality food, well prepared and great presentation. I was pleasantly surprised and will be back when in the area. Give it a try and spoil yourself!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A MUST if you're visiting the Casino!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

What a great experience we had at the Western Door -- if visiting the casino you guys have GOT to have dinner here. It is probably one of the better meals I've had...Ok, here are the details...Upon arrival we encountered a hostess who clearly appeared to be having a bad day. She was crabby and unfriendly...Once inside, the place is well appointed and plush. You are served by a team of 2 servers. They start by going thru the wine list with you. We ordered a bottle of Merlot ($40) and while we were waiting for the wine we were served a basket of assorted breads and a trio of flavored butters. YUM! I believe there were 3 different breads and a few cheese biscuits. All were warm and very good. But the flavored butters were outstanding....A cross between cream cheese, sherbets and butter. Very light and flavorful. We started with the shrimp cocktail appetizer. 4 jumbo gulf shrimp ($16) served with a very tangy cocktail sauce. We moved on to the bibb salad ($9). It was a very large salad and we should have probably split It..Fresh and tender baby bibb lettuce, with warm applewood smoked bacon, grilled apple slices, and a gouda ranch dressing. The dressing was very good - but heavy...Another reason it probably would have been a good idea to split...Ok, now our main entree's...I ordered the 8oz filet - medium ($32), my honey had the 16oz prime rib ($32) - medium, and we split a roasted sweet potato (it was massive!). My filet was outstanding...cooked perfectly, tender and juicy. Very good quality...The prime rib appeared to be larger than 16oz...It resembled a chuck roast it was so big and thick. It too was of good quality. You didn't need the steak knife to cut it...Very tasty and lean. The sweet potato was served with brown sugar cinnamon butter and boy was it good! We were too full to order dessert but everything looked yummy! It was a great meal....Not inexpensive but I will tell you we got our money's worth. The service was great, the portions were very large and the quality was ideal. They served your food on a cart and made an effort to space everything out so you weren't overwhelmed with food. We both wore what I would consider business casual attire - but we saw folks in there with shorts and blue jeans. Our total bill, pre tip, was $143. Yes, it was a lot for 2 people, but we truly enjoyed the experience. If we visit Seneca Alleghany in the future, dinner at the Western Door will be a must.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Shockingly bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We are a huge fan of the Western Door Seneca Niagara and have been to the one in Salamanca a few times in the past and have been pleased but this past visit was a shock. This was not a very busy weekend and the place was far from busy but it took over an hour to get our first drink. There was 8 of us in our party and all the food came luke warm. Four of the steaks not cooked properly, and 2 of our side dishes never made it at all. The second time the steaks came back it was no better. We thought perhaps it was just a bad night but spoke to a few other people during the weekend that said the same thing. When paying those kind of prices it should be far, far better. I hope this truly changes because this restaurant was always very good but I wouldn't recommend it in this state at all.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hinckley, Ohio
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

One word.....amazing! Great steaks, nice service, killer wine list. I dream of the day that I can return here and enjoy another perfectly prepared steak. My family all enjoyed their meals as well.

Visited January 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“A little pricey but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We ordered the prime rib special and it was very tasty. The waitors were very cordial and very attentive. The price was worth the delicious meal.

Visited February 2013