“Best meals I've ever had, I've had at Mosaic.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 51 Restaurants in Saint James
Cuisines: American
St. James, NY
“Best meals I've ever had, I've had at Mosaic.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I'm lucky enough to be local to this wonderful restaurant. I've kept this secret for years, not wanting to ruin the cozy atmosphere, only sharing this amazing place with people I know who could truly appreciate it. But the secret is out, and a Saturday night gets busy now so make your reservations ahead of time. As I said, it's cozy, only about 20 tables I believe (if that) and that enables the special attention that is paid to every menu, every course. The first thing you need to know is that you should trust in the chef. Unless you have an allergy, I would recommend taking his carefully planned menu as it is. I don't like seafood but will eat it at Mosaic. I have been surprised by things I did not "like" that, when prepared their way, were quite good. Second thing you should do is get the large-portion idea out of your head. The plates are not piled high, but you need to savor each bite and flavor, because it is worth the time. There are many courses, and trust me - you will not go home hungry. I am truly a dessert person and am never disappointed with their dessert tasting plate. It's full of amazing. We always go right when they open, to allow for a nice long experience, with plenty of time to digest when we get home. That is what eating at Mosaic is - an experience. They will have a loyal customer in me for as long as I live on Long Island.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Port Jefferson, New York
“A Taste of Greenwich Village”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

When you walk into Mosaic you have the feeling you have left Long Island and have entered Greenwich Village. From the decor to the staff it has that laid back feeling of downtown Manhattan. The cuisine is cutting edge so if you are basic kind of person with food this may not be for you. I recommend getting the wine pairing with the tasting menu (a tasting menu is all that's offered.) The staff is very knowledgeable when it comes to the food and wine pairings and will walk you through everything.The only fault I could find is the food could be served hotter. Otherwise it is a great dining expirence. Cutting edge cusine and outstanding service.

Visited November 2011
NY
“Wonderful little gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

This is a wonderful little gem, serving creative, delicious food. Friendly, knowledgable staff , and a fabulous dining experience.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere