“Spanish cuisine at its best” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Espana Tapas Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Saint James
Cuisines: Tapas
Dining options: Reservations, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lake Ave
Transit: Local Bus and close to St. James Train Station.
East Northport, New York, United States
“Spanish cuisine at its best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

My wife and I had dinner at Espana's Tapas Bar tonight, out daughter had given us a gift certificate. I love Paellas and this is what I wanted to try here. From the outside it does not look like much, but once inside you are greeted by a very friendly gentleman (may be the owner). He asked if we wanted to be seated in the rear dinning room where it was quiet, we agreed.
Our server was very helpful with the menu and explained the specials. I ordered the Paella and my wife had the Filet of Founder in green sauce. Since the Paella was going to take 25 minutes to arrive, we shared a skewered appetizer of pork, chicken and veal. It was very good, except the pork was overcooked.
Our entrees arrived hot and delicious. The flounder dish was very good and my wife liked the green sauce. My paella was plentiful, with chicken, sausage, clams, mussels and squid. The taste was outstanding, not overly salty like I had at a previous restaurant.
All in all we had a very good meal with excellent service. Will return again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“paella”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

After traveling in Spain I fell in love with Tapas.This restaurant is very good.Nice interior.Staff friendly.The tapas and paella are excellent.Worth trying it out.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hamden, Connecticut
“Great stop on the way to the ferry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This tapas restaurant was a great choice while we were on our way to the ferry. We had a tight timeline, but the food was fast and fresh and the service was really good. I would love to come back, relax, and enjoy the nice atmosphere and great food again.

Long Island NY
“Thursday night paella”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

OMG! Delicious and custom created. Thursday night $ special for paella with coffee and dessert. Poached pears in wine, crema Catalano and yes....hot rice pudding. So good. I am so surprised that this place isn't packed. Everything we have tried is delicious, fresh and hot (except for the gazpacho). Steaks, cheeses, soups all excellent. Albariño and Tempranillo house wines delish. This is our "go to" restaurant. We have not been there for the Flaminco night but we will one day.

Visited February 2014
North Brookfield, Massachusetts
“Madrid - here we come?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Although the wait staff and owner were very nice, I found the food to be unimpressive. We were told this was very authentic Spanish food. I have no reason to doubt that, but it didn't make me want to rush to the airport and fly to Spain. Perhaps authentic Spanish food is not for me.

I think a menu with photos would served this establishment well, especially if you're a "gringo". I kept seeing other people's food going by the looked better than what I had in front of me.

Also, although the establishment has a more quiet and secluded area we were guided to sitting near the bar without any option given to sit elsewhere - not what I was looking for.

I have to admit the prices were very reasonable and it's certainly worth trying for anyone that likes to sample foods from different countries.

• Visited February 2014