“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

765 Rt 114, Sag Harbor, NY 11963   |
new york
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Definitely the best place to stay in Sag Harbor...anyone planning on travelling to Eastern Long Island should stay here. Staff was great, room was clean and very spacious, and close to all the beaches and restaurants. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Alistair M, Partner at Forever Bungalows, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Joe S,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated all our amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and in the meantime please feel free to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for upcoming special offers.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My fiancé & I got a Travel Zoo deal to stay here for a mini break away from NYC. We had a wonderful time, everything was perfect. We hired bikes and rode into the the harbor & to the beach. We are not regular Bike users & it was quite a way so if you don't like exercise then you really need a car! Sarah at the front desk was excellent & helped us out with whatever we needed. We are definitely planning on going back. We didn't want to leave! We loved the rooms & they were VERY clean! We would definitely recommend it to our friends & family!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Alistair M, Partner at Forever Bungalows, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Claire R,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review form your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I will certainly pass along your comments to Sarah who I agree is a wonderful asset to the property.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and in the meantime please feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for upcoming special offers.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for one night and had the best time! We rented bikes and rode to town to enjoy the freshest oysters I've ever had at The Doc House. We also enjoyed the beach. The people in Sag Harbor are really down to earth nice people. The staff at Forever Bungalows went above and beyond to make our experience a positive one. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We had suite number 3, it was large and had a second room for another guest.
Dear Nicole R,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as appreciating our high standard of service and attention to detail.

Fort Salonga, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Forever Bungalows is the perfect place to stay in Sag Harbor. It's private, really clean and relaxing! My husband and I checked in and felt totally at home, no traces that any other guests had ever stayed there before. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Close enough to all restaurants while feeling a bit "removed". We'll be staying here again!

Dear Estella H,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as appreciating our central location to all local amenities.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at Forever Bungalows with a Groupon in a Queen-sized suite.
Room: Clean, quiet rooms, no street noise. Well- lit. Nicely sized. The shower was kinda weird --it had no sliding door but perhaps that's more eco-friendly? The TV only had basic cable and contrary to their website there was no HBO. The WI-Fi INTERNET WAS HORRIBLE (probably because only the Bungalows are close enough to the office to get it) plus both of our Sprint phones had pretty spotty service in the area to begin with. They definitely need a better router/ modem!

Service: No maid service since we stayed less than 4 days, which was fine, even preferred. They definitely should offer extra trash bags. The main office service was disappointing, (ironically labeled "Hello") because every time we went in, whether to request a picnic lunch or rent bikes ($15 for the day), the one staff member was on the phone. It was nearly impossible to get her attention and the next time we saw her we didn't even get an apology. When we checked out she was too busy to give us a receipt... Maybe it's the Groupon effect or something, but it was certainly off-putting. Perhaps offering a "no phone" hour entirely devoted to guests would be a solution. In a nice turn of events we happened to run into the hotel owner in Sag Harbor (she spotted us on the hotel bikes) and she was overwhelmingly pleasant and helpful.

Location: Sag Harbor is a quiet and beautiful area. The hotel gives you a nice restaurant guide (from bars to upscale bistros- you won't be disappointed) There is no beach near the marina! I'm convinced that you need a car if you want to see one. We are true (naive) Manhattan/ Brooklynites and thought public transportation would be sufficient- we were wrong. We wanted to ask the office for help, but you already know how that went. The hotel is conveniently located on the S92 bus route which is inconveniently never on time but that's another story. Be careful about the local taxis because they WILL overcharge you if you don't get a quote beforehand.
All in all it was a pleasant stay.

Dear A G,

I was delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I have taken note of your comments and observations and I will certainly look into them.

I can assure you though that whether a guest be a Groupon guest or any other for that fact they are all treated in the same way and I am sorry that you feel that because you reserved through a third party that you were treated differently.

You will be pleased to hear that we are working on upgrading our internet service throughout the property.

Once again thank you for your constructive feedback and in the meantime please feel free to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for upcoming special offers.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Nice size rooms, friendly staff. I was impressed by the size of the rooms, and separation between the bungalows. The experience felt like having your own cabin in the woods, but having all the modern convienences of being near downtown. The air-conditioning and ceiling fan kept the room cool, and unlike what had been previously posted no street noise at all.
I enjoyed figuring out the entertainment system, a roku system that allowed me to watch free Netflix and tv shows while I relaxed. The information booklet was helpful and well thought out. Hopefully they will start yoga classes soon!
The bikes that you can rent need to upgraded, they are only good for getting you downtown Sag
harbor, bring your own.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Dmac6969,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The rooms are ground level, and critters do come in and out as they please. If you don't like bugs, avoid this hotel. If you are a nature lover (like me), this is the next best thing to camping. Out of the back floor to ceiling door you have a view of the "woods". This is spooky and cool, and would have been romantic if I was there with my husband.
The staff was really great. We told them we were planning on going to see the Elizabeth A Morton Refuge, and they (Sarah) gave us her left over seed. We didn't get to use it all so we gave it back.
The only down side-- the closest beaches seem to have been affected by the recent storms. The beach looked like it vomited-- rocks and shells lined the sand and it was really hard to walk on.
Otherwise, the hotel itself was awesome. I highly recommend for family weekends/romantic weekends.

Room Tip: no rooms with two twin beds, I don't think
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear ann g,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for upcoming special offers.

Alistair MacLean

Been to Forever Bungalows? Share your experiences!