“best kept secret of the area!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marina Inn & Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sackets Harbor
Marina Inn & Suites
You added Marina Inn & Suites to your Saves list
121 Pike Road, Sackets Harbor, NY 13685   |
Long Island, NY
“best kept secret of the area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I LOVE this place and will return a third time! Our son is active military and was home for R&R. Fran was more than cooperative with our "reservation subject to change of dates"! I wish every hotel was as easy to deal with as this one. Suite was more than comfortable and view from patio was fabulous. We'll be back in March when son comes home again. Absolutely recommend this to anyone looking for clean, quiet and beautiful surroundings and Tin Pan Galley has fantastic food!

Room Tip: Suites on lower level have patio over-looking marina and Lake with nice furniture and plantings. Th...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sackets Harbor, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

We chose the Marina Inn & Suites for an extended stay. I would really like to recommend this hotel. The historic building is beautifully restored. The suite we had was spacious, with a beautiful view, and a small kitchen. Rooms are very quiet, clean, and nicely furnished. (And yes, we also had one cold shower in one month. I guess this just happens sometimes in old buildings.) However, beware of the management. Make sure you have every agreement in writing, because otherwise they will expect you to wash your own towels and linen, and they will not remember the room rate agreed upon. We moved out after one month. Would have loved to stay in that room, but sure didn't like the management trying to take advantage of us. I'd rate the room itself, the area, and the housekeeping as excellent, but the problems we had with the management takes this review down to an "average."

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Randolph, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Stayed on 10/8/11. Could not locate the property. Signs led me down a dead end road. Called twice to get directions. I feel I was treated very badly by the Inn Management. For the cost of the room you would think they would have SIGNS!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We chose this Inn for a spontaneous overnight getaway on a beautiful fall weekend. When I called to check on availability, there were only suites available and only one with a water view. The price seemed reasonable, so I reserved it and we hit the road. On our arrival we missed the office and drove around the gorgeous grounds for a bit before another guest pointed out the office, which is a fair distance from the Inn. After picking up our room key, we headed back to the Inn and checked out our "suite", which was really an efficiency room with a galley-style kitchen behind the bathroom. Two tall windows and a high ceiling help make the bedroom feel roomier than it is. There was simply too much furniture - presumably to qualify for suite status - for the room. Overall, the room was well equipped, very clean, bright and pleasant. The bed was very comfortable, the climate control was easy to use and external noise was minimal. We had a great night's sleep. In the morning I made coffee while my wife started the shower. Unfortunately, sometime overnight the entire building lost it's hot water supply. I was informed of this when I inquired at the desk (there are no telephones in the rooms). I ended up boiling water on the stove so we could get washed up before we left at about 9 a.m. I left the room key at the now-unmanned desk, along with a note asking management to contact me. The situation was resolved satisfactorily the following day when the manager agreed to comp our stay. The hot water situation aside, the Marina Inn is a very nice hotel in a beautiful and historically interesting setting. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: Suites on the lower level have small patios overlooking the marina.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We decided to join a rafting trip with friends & family in Watertown at the last minute (the day before) and scrambled to find a place to stay. All but one hotel in Watertown was sold out, and that one had 100% thumbs down on Tripadvisor. We looked for places nearby and I saw this one, but was concerned there were no ratings. Their website looked well done so i called and they had a suite available, so we took it. The staff was friendly on the phone and in person when we arrived. The hotel is brand new, having opened in January, according to the clerk.
The hotel is the refurbished Administration Building of the Madison Barracks, a military barracks from the war of 1812. There are 11 suites and 7 standard rooms. Other buildings on the property are either abandoned or rehabed as apartments. The area was clean and quiet and about 1/2 mile from the center of the village.
Our suite had a good sized main room with a King bed. The room was spacious with very high ceilings. There was a small kitchen that was stocked with dishes, cookware, silverware, etc. The bathroom was adequate size and was very modern.
Everything was clean and brand new. Going by the cars in the lot, the hotel seemed fairly full, but we never heard any noise from anywhere. We would definitely stay here again

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Marina Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!