“Newly refreshed????” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rye Brook
Corona, California
“Newly refreshed????”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

If this hotel has been newly refreshed I'd hate to see how it looked before! Where to begin....the key lock on the door to my room is broken, the carpets and furnishings are shabby and worn, there was an old container of mayonnaise from room service under the cabinet (yuck!), the toilets backed up in my room and the bathroom in the fitness center, no blowdryer (unless its hidden in the drawer that missing its handle in the bathroom), the makeup mirror almost fell off the wall when I tried to move it out of the way and the clock in the room doesn't work! I requested a king bed on a high floor away from the elevators, first room I walked into was 2 queens on the 2nd floor so i called the desk and fixed it but now I'm on the "first" floor which feels more like a basement. Service in the restaurant is incredibly slow and food was ok. I don't plan on staying here again unless they really "refresh" (as in total overhaul) this place!

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Read poor reviews online....not sure what the problem was, we had a great experience! Shaniece and Shaneah were very helpful and accomodating. Rooms very quiet. my daughter and I visited for her grad school audition and she was able tp practice in room without disturbing other guests or being disturbed. Food in the restaurant was very good and reasonably priced. As my daughter was accepted to Purchase, this will be our home away from home for the next 2 years!

Room Tip: 10-15 minute drive to SUNY Purchase. Easy access to Merritt Pkwy.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Not what I've come to expect from this chain. I came to relax in the indoor pool and hot tub. They were both closed "waiting for a part" No concession was offered by the hotel and no mention was made beforehand at booking. $21.00 for a breakfast buffet that's usually free at most chains. I opted for the 4.00 coffee and 5.50 bagel instead. Speaking of prices the bar is grossly over priced. 23.00 plus tip for 2 glasses of house wine. Steep indeed. Thankfully I know the area well and found better eats in rye and whiteplains. I usually stay in hotels 150 to 200 nights a year I'll be leaving this one out.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Kai F, General Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Sorry that you were unable to enjoy the pool during your recent visit and I would like to have you back for an opportunity to regain your confidence in us again. Please email at kai.fischer@hilton.com so we can connect.

Travelers are raving about these Rye Brook hotels

Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Another enjoyable stay at the Hilton Westchester. Efficient and friendly late-night check-in, comfortable and quiet room, good workout facilities and breakfast service. Only caution is to make sure you are away from any renovations (hotel seems to have a rolling renovation going on; can give slight odor to nearby rooms) but easy to do since this is a fairly large hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Although we did have some work done recently, our refresh is now complete. we are glad you once again enjoyed your visit. We look forward to having you back soon.
Johnson City, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The grounds were nice as you entered the facility. Teh parking area was properly lit at night for guests safety. The guest room, furnishings and hallways were average. The breakfast wait-staff was exceptional.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank for the kind review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
ladyav8r
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very slow van service from the airport. If you're in a hurry take a cab. "On it's way" could be a long way off. The lady who checked me in (who was very nice) offered me a free appetizer in the restaurant. Ok, that was nice, or so I thought. I ordered the free appetizer and a salad. ($24 for both). To order, eat and wait on the check (and wait, and wait and wait) and then wait on the change and wait...asked 5 times took 1 hour and 40 minutes. (Some people could probably run the Boston marathon in not much more time than that). My company puts us here, but they will be hearing this and more from me. I will never get those 3 hours back that they wasted.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your transportation experience. We apologize for falling short. Our airport shuttle departs the hotel at 15 and 45 minutes after the hour and picks up at the Westchester airport's multiple terminals at :00 and 30 minutes every hour. We have addressed this with our drivers to ensure they pass thru the main terminal on each run to avoid this problem.
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this property for two evenings in April 2015 for a business meeting and hands down as a loyal Diamond member it is one of the WORST stays I have ever had. Not just because the property is falling apart, but because the staff was horrible, rude, and downright neglectful. I am happy to see Mr. Fischer responds to reviews on here because after two days of asking to speak with him, and three follow ups to Hilton Corporate he still hasn't had the decency to return a phone call, despite my being promised multiple times he would contact me.

The check-in experience was horrible, a large group was checking in and they had one trainee and one other person doing the check-ins. When I arrived there was nobody to park the car or help with luggage and this property is very spread out which means i got to wheel luggage up a hill from the parking lot. I finally got checked in and again wheeled (on thick carpet) two bags to my room while carrying now a laptop bag and a bag of water they give you at check in. My room was VERY far from the desk (despite other room preferences on file) and when I finally got to my room the keys didn't work. So I got to trek back with all of my luggage to the desk and wait to find another person to help me. Calvin was unable to locate any other rooms available and simply got me new keys and I expressed my frustration to him both in person and via phone after finally getting into the room. Long story short he tells me Miranda the manager will call me - she never did. I followed up 30 minutes later and was told Miranda went home for the night and Mr. Fischer the GM would call me the following day - that never happened despite additional follow ups.

The room is outdated and the hallways are long and worn. They had no room service menu and when I called they said "Oh we are changing our menu and the new ones aren't available yet would you like us to read you the menu?".

I was and remain disgusted with how I was treated in this hotel and how my requests t speak to management were completely ignored despite multiple follow ups. I have logged complaints with Hilton and agree with prior reviewers that the management of this property needs some serious reprimand.

Nobody giving you business, especially not a diamond member should be treated like crap and get such horrible service without an apology. You really should be ashamed, I promise I have told all my colleagues to stay away from this place.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Kai F, General Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Clearly unacceptable and I greatly apologize for the lack of follow up and your message not being passed along. I did message you with my cell number today to speak with you directly to help resolve these breakdowns. Although I am currently out of town I hope we can connect today and greatly appreciate the time you have taken to share the unfortunate shortcomings of our team which will be addressed.

Been to Hilton Westchester? Share your experiences!