“Beatles fest” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rye Brook
new jersey
“Beatles fest”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I have to totally agreed with another post (fustwaver). Way too hot all over the hotel. The room was ok nothing to speak of and felt like 100 degrees. Had to keep going outside to cool off. Of course now we are all sick. Food was horrendous service horrible they needed way more staff to handle the fest event. Charged me $22 for 3 pieces of sausage and 1 piece of French toast from the buffet because I asked for takeout box. And didn't wAnt to wait 1 hr to have breakfast. Waited 40 mins for a quarter of a glass of wine. Really $11 ? At least give me half a glass after waiting so long. And I don't buy the excuse from hotel management that because of the snow storm the day before they were missing staff. I drove from NJ and the roads were clear all the way. Where does the staff live in Antarctica ??? I hope the fest is not here next yeAr, . I will not stay at this hotel

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New York State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I recently attended the 3 day "Fest for Beatle Fans" at this hotel. They did a remarkable job catering to the needs of the "Fest", as well as the hundreds of attendees. The rooms were clean and comfortable, staff was friendly and efficient, even in the face of the occasional obnoxious guest. The facilities were more than adequate to accommodate the many activities, vendors, speakers and performers that were happening simultaneously throughout the hotel. Despite the large amounts of activity that went on until the wee hours of the morning, my room was very quiet and comfortable. I would go back without hesitation.

Room Tip: My room was at the far end of the Westchester Tower, and it was VERY quiet...but it was quite a walk...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Providence, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We had a marvelous time at this hotel. The room was beautiful and the environment after the show was so fun. We were shuttled to and from the show and had such an amazing time on the campus of the hotel after.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Kai F, General Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Always glad to help create a tremendous experience for our guests. Glad your enjoyed your stay with us.
Franklin Square, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Nice hotel with a good breakfast buffet, but stay away from the Mexican dinner buffet. It was quite poor. Rooms are nice with wooded views. All amenities -fridge, coffee makers etc.Grounds are very nice but rooms are a bit spread out. I had to do too much walking and climbing steps to locate my room for a recent convention. Valet parking was poor. When they were overwhelmed with too many cars the system broke down. In all, I would go again since the management was most cooperative with my issues and adjusted the bill.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the lobby.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you your recent visit. We enjoyed having everyone here this past weekend to celebrate the Fest. We have taken steps to address the items you pointed out for future events as well. Look forward to having you back soon.
Staten Island, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We frequent this location throughout the year with our organization. It seems to be going through an update, which it needs. Rooms are large. Food is okay - for conferences. Service is good. Large lounge area, big bar. Nice conference rooms.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your continued loyalty and recognizing the enhancements the hotel as recently completed. we strive to create a retreat setting for both the business and leisure guest. We look forward to your return visit.
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I noted on the reservation that it was my 20th wedding anniversary and requested an upgrade, if available. This request was not even acknowledged at check in which was disappointing. The property is huge and we had to hike far and take 2 elevators to reach it which was hard to do with 2 kids in tow as well as our luggage. Room was comfy & clean, decorated nicely but beds were small. If there are more than 2 people in your room, you should request extra towels. We barely had enough for the 4 of us. The temp of the room was ok, but the hallway was hot & stuffy. We ate at the hotel restaurant because we were in the middle of a snow storm and we were sort of a captive audience. The Italian buffet sounded good, but we looked at the food selections before we committed to it and promptly declined. At $21 a person, there should be more of a variety. One can only eat so much meatballs and garlic bread. We had our two children with us, but was disappointed to learn that there was no kid's menu. Dinner was tasty, but portions were small and we had to wait FOREVER to be served. We were starving by the time we received any food. Our waiter was nowhere to be seen. We had to ask a busboy to hunt him down for us so we could pay our bill. We also ate at the restaurant for breakfast and the waitress was missing in action as well. I never got a refill on coffee despite sitting at the table for 45 minutes. I got the room package that included breakfast, but they wanted to charge me $10 per child anyway claiming that the package only included breakfast for the adults. I guess I was supposed to leave my kids in the room alone while I ate breakfast? I had to argue with the staff to get the 4 breakfasts I already paid for and for which I was entitled. And what's the deal with no complimentary coffee in the lobby for guests? They charge $2/$4 a cup for something that other cheaper hotels give away free to their guests. In summary, the hotel property was attractive, the room was clean, we had a decent stay, but improvement is needed in other areas, especially the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
We greatly appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The snow storm did limit the staffing and menu choices we were able to offer and look forward to having you back soon. We strive to go out of our way to celebrate special milestones and apologize for not doing so this time to make your visit more enjoyable.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed overnight for the Beatles Fest 2015 with my wife and 3 kids. I have never stayed in a Hilton hotel before and will avoid Hilton hotels in the future. The room was ok but was very hot and I was informed by the hotel staff that you can't adjust the temperature in the room. It was set for the entire hotel! The service in the restaurant was terrible. The hotel was obviously not able to handle all the people here for the fest. The restaurant offered a "taco buffet" for $21 each and a menu that consisted of 3 appetizers, 3 sandwiches, 3 flatbread pizza's and 2 salad's to choose from for dinner!! The taco buffet consisted of dry beef and hard/soft tacos that tasted like they were bought from shop rite. The salad bar was iceberg lettuce with one salad dressing available. Two of my kids ordered mac and cheese which never came. I asked the waiter where the mac and cheese was after 40 mins of waiting and he stated the chef didn't 't have any mac and cheese but the manager was going to try and get some mac and cheese for my kids. We waited another 25 minutes and I finally bought one of my kids a hot dog from a vender inside the restaurant and I got a taco for my other kid who were both starving at this point. How long does it take to make mac and cheese? The waiter never ask if we wanted drink refills, I had to go up to the hotel bar and get it myself. Needless to say, I complained to the resturant's manager and refused to pay for dinner. I hope the Beatles fest will be at a different location next year!!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for the feedback. The snow storm impacted our ability to have additional staff and broader offering to best serve the guest needs. We apologize for falling short and look forward to having an opportunity to regain your trust in the hotel.

Been to Hilton Westchester? Share your experiences!