“Rude staff, dirty rooms, moldy” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
New: Free Standard WiFi!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rye Brook
Melbourne, Florida
“Rude staff, dirty rooms, moldy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stay in the White Plains often for work, yet this is our first time at this property. Whenever we stay at a Hilton, we expect that it will be clean and comfortable. This property is not. The front desk staff was friendly, but other staff was not. My room had a leaky faucet, plastic wrapping in the sink indicating that it had not been cleaned, and hairs all over the tub & bathroom floor. The room smelled like mold and my allergies kicked up significantly over night. Went downstairs for dinner and the bartender was very rude when I inquired about the over inflated prices. There is nowhere else within walking distance to go eat. The next morning, I was seated at a table at the buffet that had crumbs all over it. When I asked the waitress if they would wipe it down, she snipped at me and moved me to another table. She then sat another party at the table and still did not clean it. After that party left, the plates were removed & the table was reset without wiping it down. This absolutely disgusted me. Not worthy of the Hilton name. My degree is in Hotel management and I believe that this staff needs more training in hospitality. If cleanliness concerns you at all, DO NOT stay at this property.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Santiago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

A beautiful hotel, with great food, specially at breakfast. The room smelled a bit, specially the sheets, but other than that everything was according to a Hilton standard. The service was very attentive, but it took me two visits to the concierge to have blankets sent to my room.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed here for the weekend arrived Friday afternoon had a nice time hotl grounds are easily accessible witha ree shuttle. To drop you off and pick you back up simply call hotel front desk. Staff were friendly and very helpful my room. Was cleaned daily only thing I didn't like the property restaurant needs better selections. Otherwise I had a restful stay

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Rye Brook, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The staff here was exceptional! Charnise, the desk clerk was outstandingly pleasant and helpful. We had trouble locating our section of the hotel and Charnise walk a way with us to guide us along the way.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I had an awesome experience at the Hilton Westchester. I had a flawless checkin with Kaitlin who properly directed me to where my room was... It was a bit of a walk, the shortcut was to walk outside which I didn't mind because it was a nice day out (well, 30 degrees was considered nice during my stay in NY). My experience in the restaurant was also great. The breakfast buffet which was included in my rate was one of the best buffets I have seen while traveling. Amanda was delightful to speak with and seemed like she really enjoyed catering to the guests. Dinner was a little hectic and I had to wait a decent amount of time for a burger, but I didn't mind waiting because Angel my server was very professional and nice. I do wish that the manager Brian would have seen how long I was waiting for my burger before I had to mention it to him. The grounds are very nice and the room did its job. I can't wait to return in the summer and take advantage of the outdoors.

• Stayed February 2015
Groningen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Hilton Westchester for four days. Decent location. Hotel staff is very helpful. The restaurant did not have many choice for vegetarians but they did their best to serve a good meal. A +++ to Angel the best waiter I ever got. If you are reading this and you ever visit the Netherlands please touch base with me.

• Stayed February 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Nothing is outstanding here but all of it is pretty good .... I am in and out of the area all the time and stay here all the time and recommend it!!! Parking in Winter can be a brisk hike, but thats the worst of it!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Westchester? Share your experiences!