“Thank you for all that you did” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from just $139!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rye Brook
Newark, Delaware
“Thank you for all that you did”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This past weekend was my 50th high school reunion and we were all staying at the Hilton Westchester for the various events. On Saturday evening we were supposed to go on a NYC dinner/dancing cruise, but the bus company made an error and instead of taking us from the hotel to where we were to pick up the boat, the driver sat at the end of the driveway and thought he was picking up a wedding party. Needless to say, we missed the boat and 50 people were stranded at the hotel. The Maitre'd and the chef were wonderful when we told them (it was 8 o'clock by now) of our predicament. The hotel staff moved tables so we could sit together in the same room and the chef set up a buffet of delicious food in a matter of 45 min! Everything turned out great. Thank you to the Hilton Westchester for coming to our rescue at the last minute. The staff could not have been nicer!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Kai F, General Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Stephen T, We appreciate you taking your time to post on TripAdvisor. Congratulations on your 50th high school reunion. We very much appreciate your group for staying at the Hilton Westchester. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction and I am so pleased that we were able to set up a delicious buffet for you at the last minute. It must have been very disappointing to miss the boat. Again, congratulations and thank you for choosing the Hilton Westchester for your event. Sincerely, Kai Fischer, General Manager, 914-934-2504

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
charlottesville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Great place for visiting Rye and Port Chester. Grounds are beautiful with plenty of walking space wiyhout getting lost! Restaurant & bar good. Staff helpful if it's not too busy. Rooms large and comfy with all necessary amenities. Plenty of TV stations.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Dear James S.
Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor. The grounds of the Hilton Westchester are very beautiful particularly at this time of year. I am glad you had the opportunity to walk and see our beautiful outdoor space. Hopefully you will be able to return during the summer and spend time at our outdoor pool which is like a resort in the country. Sincerely, Kai Fischer, General Manager, 914-934-2504
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

HHonors member. Walked into room and thermostat said 85 degrees. Turned it down to 65. Cooled to 74 degrees by next morning. Twice during stay--once at night and then during next day's breakfast, the fire alarm went off. Deafening. At least breakfast's restaurant manager comped everyone's meals. I wish the restaurant's evening manager had done slow. Service was awfully slow when dining room only half full at 6:30p.m.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kai F, General Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Texas5649, Thank you for taking the time to post on Tripadvisor. I hope you will accept my apology for the challenges you had during your stay. Fortunately there were no fires resulting in the alarms but we must take every precaution to protect our valued guests. I know the sound truly is deafening. I will personally speak with the restaurant manager about the slow service in the evening. I hope you will return so we may show you the true hospitality of the Hilton Westchester. Sincerely, Kai Fischer, General Manager 914-934-2504.

Travelers are raving about these Rye Brook hotels

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I chose this hotel because I am loyat to Hilton and Hyattt brands, because of the proximity to the event I was attending, and the pre-tax room rate. This is a sprawling, three-story building, the lower floor of which is partially below ground.

If I were the manager of this hotel, I would be embarrassed by its condition. Furniture in the retro-60s decorated lobby was stained and beaten up. In my room, the furniture was so heavily dinged and scratched that it looked like it had come from the reject section of Goodwill. The carpet was stained and under the main cabinet it looked like it had never been vacuumed. The toilet seat bolts were missing their caps ... that's a disgrace for a Hilton hotel. My traveling companions said the condition of their rooms was no better. Hallway and stairway carpets were stained. Virtually all of the room doors were heavily scarred, scratched and had peeling paint. There is no free wireless in the lobby. This is the first Hilton I have been in that did not offer that. The staff at the check-n counter was cheerful and friendly, not so on the phone. For a king I paid $140 per night with taxes. The room was a good size. The water pressure was fine and there was plenty of hot water, although the shower head needed cleaning. There was a mini fridge and a 2-cup coffee maker. The flat panel TV did not work when I arrived and required a visit from maintenance, which was handled promptly and to my satisfaction. The mattress was somewhat firm, but I slept comfortably. There were six comfy pillows. No ironing board or iron. The window treatments provided good blackout. The walls are thin and you will be disturbed by your neighbors if you are a light sleeper.Overall, if you don't care about the conditions of your surroundings, you'll be okay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
Kai F, General Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear globetraipser. Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brand and I hope you will accept my personal apology for the condition of your room. I wish we had the opportunity to change your room while you were here to make you more comfortable. We do have free wireless in the lobby and public spaces and again I apologize if you were unable to access it. I will review each of the items you mentioned with every department involved as well as commending our staff at check in. I would be most happy to speak with you personally to review the details of your stay. The best way for us to continue to improve is through direct customer feedback. I hope to speak with you at your convenience. Sincerely, Kai Fischer, General Manager 914-934-2504
New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

The most comfortable bed I every slept in, restaurant . selection varied and delicious. My friend wanted her room changed to one with a tub. The hotel manager went out of his way to accommodate her even though the hotel was booked for a business meeting. Beautiful pool/ Short trip from Port Chester Metro North Station. Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Virginia H. We appreciate you taking your time to post on Tripadvisor. The Hilton Serenity Bed is very popular with our guests and I am happy we were able to provide you with a good nights’ sleep. The Chef in our harth restaurant takes pride in every dish coming from our kitchen. Our goal is to make each and every guest at the Hilton Westchester feel at home and special. We look forward to having you as our guest again whether on business or pleasure. Sincerely, Kai Fischer, General Manager, 914-934-2504.
Udine, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

i normally stay in this hotel for my business trips (it's 3 minutes walk from my office). the hotel is in a nice position, with a lot of green and woods...the con is that you have nothing nearby. all the services are optional (including breakfast and wifi connection) and not exactly cheap. anyhow is ncie and clean...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kai F, General Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Kiowa78. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post on Tripadvisor and we thank you for being a loyal guest of the Hilton Westchester. As you stated, we are fortunate to be surrounded by a lot of green and woods. Within a short distance of the hotel is downtown White Plains where there are a variety of shopping/eating options. There is also a smaller shopping area within two miles of the hotel. We do offer free Wi Fi in our lobby and public spaces. We look forward to return again on your next business trip. Sincerely, Kai Fischer, General Manager 914-934-2504
New York City, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The hotel lobby is new and still looks nice and the restaurant food was good. Rooms are okay looking. Nothing was worn or obviously dirty. The mattress was very bouncy and needed replacing, but the sheets felt and smelled clean. As I was there for a convention I spent a lot of time out of the room, however, I did have time to visit the indoor pool and it definitely needed cleaning.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Kai F, General Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Patricia M. Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. We have had many compliments on our new lobby and restaurant and I am happy that you enjoyed both. I will forward your comment about the indoor pool to the correct department to ensure that our pool is clean and enjoyable for all our guests. I hope you will be able to return in the warmer weather and take advantage of our outside pool as well. Sincerely, Kai Fischer, General Manager 914-934-2504

Been to Hilton Westchester? Share your experiences!