“Loved the staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rye Brook
Richmond, Virginia
“Loved the staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My family and I stayed here on a weekend trip. The trip was interrupted by a hospital visit for my 10 year old diabetic child. The staff was most helpful getting us an ambulance. I truly appreciated the staff's genuine concern over how my son was even after we returned from the hospital. The room was very clean and exactly what I would have expected from a Hilton. The restaurant had a nice selection of foods. I will be returning there to visit again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DeniseRubin, Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear MomOf3Cees,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments via Trip Advisor, I am very happy that your son is doing well. Thank you for the great comments, I will share with the team and we look forward to seeing you again.

Denise Rubin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Dartmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here 4 nights and It was fine, I would stay here again. The room was clean and bed comfortable. Breakfast had a fair selection of all the usual suspects and was good quality. the staff at the bar & restaurant where particularly good.
I would criticise the sound proofing of the door to adjoining the next door room. I could here absolutely everything my neighbour of one night said & did !!
Also the ladies on the front desk were disengaged and not particularly helpful. My particular gripe was that the kept saying to me and others that Taxis would be waiting outside when you require them. This was early the case and at peak times highly unlikely that any taxis would be available. One morning I had to wait 15 mins for a taxi. So per book taxis. And check your journey cost as I took the same trip each day and was quoted different prices every time

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DeniseRubin, Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Alsafa,

Thank you for posting your comments via Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear your enjoyed the bed and your room. During your next visit we can certainly request a non adjoining room so you will be more comfortable. I also appreciate your feedback regarding the front desk staff and the taxi information. I will be checking into the rates as well. Thanks again!'

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've stayed here for work about 10 times in the last three years. Lots of conference room space in a variety of room sizes/settings make this a great business option. The guest rooms are very comfortable and spacious with good attention to detail. Beds are great. I occasionally notice some wear and tear but it seems evident that they stay on top of updates and renovations. The lobby was recently renovated handsomely. The old, drab breakfast nook was taken out and the space opened up to a tech lounge with couches and computers. Throughout the hotel there are floor-to-ceiling windows that perfectly frame the beautiful trees outside. I recommend this for business, but also for family/friends from out of town.

Room Tip: Long hallways. If walking is an issue, ask for one closer to the lobby. Quieter rooms tend to be fur...
Dear Arthur8129,

Thank you for posting your comments and returning to the hotel over the years. Your comments are important, I will share with the team. It sounds like you like our renovations, we greatly appreciate the fact that you notice the changes. We look forwad to your next visit.

Thank you again.
Worcester, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Pros: Easy check in/check out procedure. Friendly hotel staff and concierge. Convenient to Purchase College. Room was quiet. Pool and gym available. Bed was comfortable. Clean linens. Noon checkout.
Cons: Don't expect to get free internet in your room. No microwave, no extras. The room smelled musty and carpets were stained. Pool closes at 10:00pm which can be an issue if you check in late. Parking lot can be a long walk unless you use valet parking for a fee. Restaurant on the property is expensive. Bar serves food, but there was no menu in the room, so we don't know what they serve.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear moncha03,

Thank you for both the Pros & Cons. All feedback is important, I am certain we can assist with a microwave, internet and access to the pool on a return visit. I am happy to accomadate your needs, please do not hesitate to contact myself directly to prepare for a return visit.

914-934-2540
Toms River, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

My son and I stayed at this Hilton for 3 days during Premier college soccer showcase March 2013. I researched many hotels in the area and although price was higher then others we decided to book because of the Hilton reputation. Upon our arrival we were pleased with the hotels appearance that was newly updated. The parking though requires a far walk from your car with bags but they do offer valet service for a fee. The hotel staff greeted us and completed our check in professionally. Rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable.

Now the NEGATIVE.

Room was updated somewhat but the odor of musty old air was quite evident immediately entering the room. Bathroom was spacious but not kept after very well by staff. Hair was on floor and a trash bin had tissues discarded from a previous occupant. Carpets also did appear to have been vacuumed as well.

Expensive for the quality of the accommodations......... The problem with this hotels location is no surrounding restaurants or eateries within several miles forcing you to use the hotels services. AND THEY KNOW THIS BY THE PRICES THEY CHARGE.

First off $17 PER DAY for Internet service in this modern time. I was advised by staff if I chose to do my work in the lobby the Internet wifi was free. Then why not in room like most modern lower price hotels?

Stay away from the small store in the hotel. My son purchased a ice tea, water, package of gum, package of granola bars for a whopping $18.

The following morning we went to the restaurant for our NON complementary breakfast. 2 egg white omelets with toast and coffee/tee came to $45 but was prepared well and service was standard. We could have opted for the buffet for $19.95 per person.

Upon return from my sons soccer game (1pm) our room still was not serviced. I had to ask for clean towels for him to shower.

Then the completely unacceptable. We had dinner in the restaurant. It was 8pm and not at all busy. We were immediately sat and service started off good. We placed our orders for a steak and chicken dish. After 40 minutes all we received were some not so fresh pieces of bread and beverages. We were not offered refills nor told why our meals were delayed. After another 10 minutes in asked the waiter what was the delay. I was told The well done steak requires additional time and will be out in 2 minutes...... After another 10 minutes I asked a person cleaning tables to get the manager. I did this so others were able to hear as my waiter never returned. I observed a man sitting with a woman Few tables away get up after hearing this and walk to the kitchen area. The manager responded and apologized after learning of our issue. He was very professional and offered more bread or beverage. We told him yes on the beverage and would like our food. After another 5 minutes our food was served...... My sons steak was rare and my organic chicken breast was the portion for a small child. I immediately requested the manager again. He appeared to be shocked at the portion and undercooked steak and took them back.

1 hour 20 min after placing our order we finally received the meals as ordered. The food was tasteful and good quality but we were complete frustrated in the end. While eating the manager came over to our table and asked how the food was. We told him it was acceptable but service was horrible. I was asked how could he make it up to me and I told him that is for him to decide. He offered a free dessert. We said no thank you and he walked away.

A short time later after finishing our meals that man who was sitting adjacent to us and walked to the kitchen introduced himself. He presented a card indicating he was with Hilton Corporate and was evaluating the property performance. He apologized for the service and informed us he instructed the manger to fully comp our $130 check. He also gave us free breakfast the next morning. I informed him of the other issues before mentioned above and stated the Hotel is undergoing many changes. I thanked him for his attention to the issue but told him I would be hard pressed to stay at a Hilton again as this was our 2nd bad experience with the chain in as many visits.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Robert C,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments via Trip Advisor. I completely understand from your comments why it was not what you expected. I am very happy to talk with you in regards to your experience. Please do not hesitate to contact myself directly at 914-934-2540. I would like to invite you back to the hotel if possible.

Travelers are raving about these Rye Brook hotels

Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Decent property; nothing to write home about. I am usually in mid-level properties that most often include free wifi, free paper, free breakfast. Of course, none of these are included at a Hilton- so coupled with the already higher-than-I-usually-pay rate, I was not real pleased on the overall cost to stay here. However, the common area/bar is nice for a post-business cocktail- complete with fireplace.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear donwon,

Thank you for your honest comments in regards to the additional costs during your stay. As a Hilton property we do need to follow the guidelines for our property. I am happy you enjoyed the renovated area and fireplace.

Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

If you need to stay in the Westchester area this is the hotel I recommend. The staff is friendly and the rooms are very comfortable. I will say do not order food at the bar as it takes way too long, but the restaurant is good and the service there is good.

Dear asicscout,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments via Trip Advisor. I will share your comments with the team. I do apologize fort he long wait you had at the bar. I hope you will visit again in the future.

Denise Rubin

Been to Hilton Westchester? Share your experiences!