My son and I stayed at this Hilton for 3 days during Premier college soccer showcase March 2013. I researched many hotels in the area and although price was higher then others we decided to book because of the Hilton reputation. Upon our arrival we were pleased with the hotels appearance that was newly updated. The parking though requires a far walk from your car with bags but they do offer valet service for a fee. The hotel staff greeted us and completed our check in professionally. Rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable.
Now the NEGATIVE.
Room was updated somewhat but the odor of musty old air was quite evident immediately entering the room. Bathroom was spacious but not kept after very well by staff. Hair was on floor and a trash bin had tissues discarded from a previous occupant. Carpets also did appear to have been vacuumed as well.
Expensive for the quality of the accommodations......... The problem with this hotels location is no surrounding restaurants or eateries within several miles forcing you to use the hotels services. AND THEY KNOW THIS BY THE PRICES THEY CHARGE.
First off $17 PER DAY for Internet service in this modern time. I was advised by staff if I chose to do my work in the lobby the Internet wifi was free. Then why not in room like most modern lower price hotels?
Stay away from the small store in the hotel. My son purchased a ice tea, water, package of gum, package of granola bars for a whopping $18.
The following morning we went to the restaurant for our NON complementary breakfast. 2 egg white omelets with toast and coffee/tee came to $45 but was prepared well and service was standard. We could have opted for the buffet for $19.95 per person.
Upon return from my sons soccer game (1pm) our room still was not serviced. I had to ask for clean towels for him to shower.
Then the completely unacceptable. We had dinner in the restaurant. It was 8pm and not at all busy. We were immediately sat and service started off good. We placed our orders for a steak and chicken dish. After 40 minutes all we received were some not so fresh pieces of bread and beverages. We were not offered refills nor told why our meals were delayed. After another 10 minutes in asked the waiter what was the delay. I was told The well done steak requires additional time and will be out in 2 minutes...... After another 10 minutes I asked a person cleaning tables to get the manager. I did this so others were able to hear as my waiter never returned. I observed a man sitting with a woman Few tables away get up after hearing this and walk to the kitchen area. The manager responded and apologized after learning of our issue. He was very professional and offered more bread or beverage. We told him yes on the beverage and would like our food. After another 5 minutes our food was served...... My sons steak was rare and my organic chicken breast was the portion for a small child. I immediately requested the manager again. He appeared to be shocked at the portion and undercooked steak and took them back.
1 hour 20 min after placing our order we finally received the meals as ordered. The food was tasteful and good quality but we were complete frustrated in the end. While eating the manager came over to our table and asked how the food was. We told him it was acceptable but service was horrible. I was asked how could he make it up to me and I told him that is for him to decide. He offered a free dessert. We said no thank you and he walked away.
A short time later after finishing our meals that man who was sitting adjacent to us and walked to the kitchen introduced himself. He presented a card indicating he was with Hilton Corporate and was evaluating the property performance. He apologized for the service and informed us he instructed the manger to fully comp our $130 check. He also gave us free breakfast the next morning. I informed him of the other issues before mentioned above and stated the Hotel is undergoing many changes. I thanked him for his attention to the issue but told him I would be hard pressed to stay at a Hilton again as this was our 2nd bad experience with the chain in as many visits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly refreshed Hilton Westchester hotel is situated on 45 acres of lush woodlands in Rye, NY combining the relaxed setting of a resort with the flexibility of a full-service business hotel. Located just 6 miles east of White Plains, NY, 8 miles from Westchester Airport(HPN) and 25 miles to New York City. Free local shuttle service available. Newly refreshed guest rooms feel brighter and more relaxed with a complete rebuild. Guests will take pleasure in warm colors creating a residential feel for a home away from home. With improved sound insulation and Hilton Serenity™ Beds, a good night's sleep will come with ease. Contemporary amenities and elegant renovated bathrooms give the perfect start to the day. Take advantage of complimentary transportation to destinations including White Plains Airport, Rye Train Station, local businesses and downtown White Plains. We look forward to welcoming you to the Hilton Westchester hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Westchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Westchester - Rye Brook Hotel Rye Brook
- Hilton Rye Brook
- Rye Brook Hilton
- Hilton Westchester Westchester County, NY - Rye Brook