“Best business option in the area; not the best deal” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from just $139!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rye Brook
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
“Best business option in the area; not the best deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Decent property; nothing to write home about. I am usually in mid-level properties that most often include free wifi, free paper, free breakfast. Of course, none of these are included at a Hilton- so coupled with the already higher-than-I-usually-pay rate, I was not real pleased on the overall cost to stay here. However, the common area/bar is nice for a post-business cocktail- complete with fireplace.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DeniseRubin, Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear donwon,

Thank you for your honest comments in regards to the additional costs during your stay. As a Hilton property we do need to follow the guidelines for our property. I am happy you enjoyed the renovated area and fireplace.

Denise Rubin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

If you need to stay in the Westchester area this is the hotel I recommend. The staff is friendly and the rooms are very comfortable. I will say do not order food at the bar as it takes way too long, but the restaurant is good and the service there is good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear asicscout,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments via Trip Advisor. I will share your comments with the team. I do apologize fort he long wait you had at the bar. I hope you will visit again in the future.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

it is a great hotel out side of New york City on very large property. it is very private very roomy
the staff is very good they want to please
The food was fair but the grounds are worth the stay as is the surrounding area

Room Tip: pick a room close to the check in we had to walk a long way to the room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DeniseRubin, Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear charles073,

I am happy you had a relaxing weekend while staying with us. Thank you for postin gyour feedback via Trip Advisor. I will share your feedback with our team and we look forward to having you spend another weekend in the near future.

Sincerely.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The hotel has lost its old charm and character with the renovation. Plus the pool which my kids love, was out of order. We might as well have just stayed in Manhattan! Service was so-so. The wait for breakfast was horrendous. We spent almost 20 minutes standing in line while the staff rushed around looking frazzled and avoiding eye contact with all the unhappy guests! It's probably best to go for a late breakfast after 10.30 if you can.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bill S, Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments via Trip Advisor. I appologize for the long wait and pool being closed. As noticed we have completed a major renovation that did open up the lobby, restarant and lounge. We are very proud of the decor but it is a more modern than the old style.

The restaurant has enjoyed great success and a wonderful buffet. Of course I am very concerned about the long wait. We will review our staffing guidelines and we'll keep the buffet open until 1pm on the weekends.

Additionally the pool is back in service. For the safety of our guest we needed to ensure the chlorine levels were correct. Further we do have a new ADA pool lift installed.

Please let me know when you return as I would like to personally ensure an outstanding stay.

Bill Scheer
Director of F&B
914-934-2555
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed there 2 16 2013. Great room. Great breakfast. No coffee carafe for our room coffee maker and they charged me $2 to get an extra coffee in the AM (they didn't chase me down the hall but that was what the sign said and I did not dispute). Worst has been to try and find a lost item. Know that it was left on the bed in the room, but "they have no knowledge". This was not really expensive but the lack of concern has been off putting. I would think twice about returning. I would go to a smaller hotel that actually cared about their guests. Edith

Room Tip: Huge hotel. If you have kids ask to be close to the front desk
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear eandjhome,

I really appreciate you takin gthe time to post your comments via Trip Advisor. I am happy you felt you had a great room and breakfast, however I am concerned about your lost item. I am happy to assist with a lost and found inquiry, please do not hesiate to contact me. We do care and our guests are very important to us. I look forward to hearing from you.

914-934-2540
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Clean rooms. Staff were very caring and welcoming. Recommended for couples and great place for business. Excellent location. Buffet breakfast for two was great. The property with woods excellent. Best place to stay if you don't like city or downtown. About 20 miles to Manhattan. Will be there again very soon when the weather is much better.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear zee o,

Thank you for the excellent comments via Trip Advisor. It is always nice to be able to share the feedback from our guests with the team. We really appreciate our loyalty and recommendation.

Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed here with friends over the weekend. The hotel is HUGE. Seems like a good hotel for wedding guests to stay or if you had a large group for a conference or something. The lobby is very spacious and open which was nice. There is a bar in the lobby (it was terrible so I don't suggest you go!) and then a restaurant as well. We ordered a pizza that was pretty good. The room was typical... clean enough! Nothing to complain about.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear bostonkse,

Thank you for posting your comments via Trip Advisor. I am glad you liked the pizza and your room. I am concerned why you thought the bar was terrible. Please do not hesitate to contact myself directly.

Director of Rooms
914-934-2540

Been to Hilton Westchester? Share your experiences!