“agreat for a relaxing weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from just $129!
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Rye Brook
Toronto, Canada
“agreat for a relaxing weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

it is a great hotel out side of New york City on very large property. it is very private very roomy
the staff is very good they want to please
The food was fair but the grounds are worth the stay as is the surrounding area

Room Tip: pick a room close to the check in we had to walk a long way to the room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DeniseRubin, Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear charles073,

I am happy you had a relaxing weekend while staying with us. Thank you for postin gyour feedback via Trip Advisor. I will share your feedback with our team and we look forward to having you spend another weekend in the near future.

Sincerely.

494 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The hotel has lost its old charm and character with the renovation. Plus the pool which my kids love, was out of order. We might as well have just stayed in Manhattan! Service was so-so. The wait for breakfast was horrendous. We spent almost 20 minutes standing in line while the staff rushed around looking frazzled and avoiding eye contact with all the unhappy guests! It's probably best to go for a late breakfast after 10.30 if you can.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bill S, Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments via Trip Advisor. I appologize for the long wait and pool being closed. As noticed we have completed a major renovation that did open up the lobby, restarant and lounge. We are very proud of the decor but it is a more modern than the old style.

The restaurant has enjoyed great success and a wonderful buffet. Of course I am very concerned about the long wait. We will review our staffing guidelines and we'll keep the buffet open until 1pm on the weekends.

Additionally the pool is back in service. For the safety of our guest we needed to ensure the chlorine levels were correct. Further we do have a new ADA pool lift installed.

Please let me know when you return as I would like to personally ensure an outstanding stay.

Bill Scheer
Director of F&B
914-934-2555
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed there 2 16 2013. Great room. Great breakfast. No coffee carafe for our room coffee maker and they charged me $2 to get an extra coffee in the AM (they didn't chase me down the hall but that was what the sign said and I did not dispute). Worst has been to try and find a lost item. Know that it was left on the bed in the room, but "they have no knowledge". This was not really expensive but the lack of concern has been off putting. I would think twice about returning. I would go to a smaller hotel that actually cared about their guests. Edith

Room Tip: Huge hotel. If you have kids ask to be close to the front desk
Dear eandjhome,

I really appreciate you takin gthe time to post your comments via Trip Advisor. I am happy you felt you had a great room and breakfast, however I am concerned about your lost item. I am happy to assist with a lost and found inquiry, please do not hesiate to contact me. We do care and our guests are very important to us. I look forward to hearing from you.

914-934-2540
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Clean rooms. Staff were very caring and welcoming. Recommended for couples and great place for business. Excellent location. Buffet breakfast for two was great. The property with woods excellent. Best place to stay if you don't like city or downtown. About 20 miles to Manhattan. Will be there again very soon when the weather is much better.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear zee o,

Thank you for the excellent comments via Trip Advisor. It is always nice to be able to share the feedback from our guests with the team. We really appreciate our loyalty and recommendation.

Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed here with friends over the weekend. The hotel is HUGE. Seems like a good hotel for wedding guests to stay or if you had a large group for a conference or something. The lobby is very spacious and open which was nice. There is a bar in the lobby (it was terrible so I don't suggest you go!) and then a restaurant as well. We ordered a pizza that was pretty good. The room was typical... clean enough! Nothing to complain about.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear bostonkse,

Thank you for posting your comments via Trip Advisor. I am glad you liked the pizza and your room. I am concerned why you thought the bar was terrible. Please do not hesitate to contact myself directly.

Director of Rooms
914-934-2540
New York, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Pros:
Cheap
Convenient location for Westchester
Well-reviewed restaurant (I didn't eat there)

Cons:
Small, dirty rooms (carpet very shabby, furniture all scuffed up
Smelly room (like body odor)
Strange dripping noises in the ceiling kept us up at night
Poorly soundproofed rooms, heard people next door clearly
Funky crowd
Terrible water pressure in the bathrooms
Parking far from front door

Overall: would only stay here if I needed to or if the price was well below the competition.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DeniseRubin, Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Heighest Standards,

Thank you for posting your comments via Trip Advisor, I am sorry you had such a poor experience. Our guests experience and loyalty is very important to us and it is obvious we did not provide you with a quality Hilton room. I am more than happy to speak with you and try to gain your loyalty back. Please feel free to contact me directly at (914) 934-2540.

Denise

Travelers are raving about these Rye Brook hotels

Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Service at this Hilton is good overall. I finally ate at the bar and the service there was less than excellent. The bar being set by the other areas of the hotel which have been quite good day to day. This property is my preferred choice when I stay in the area and I will be back. Just not sure if I'll bother with sitting down in the bar again.

Room Tip: All rooms are a bit of a walk from the parking areas for this Hilton. Not a deal breaker, but someth...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your comments via Trip Advisor. I am happy that you enjoyed the overall service and that you will return. Of course I am very concerned in regards to the comments about the bar. We will review our standards and conduct additional training to ensure that we receive an excellent rating on your next visit.

Bill Scheer
Director of F&B
914-934-2555

Been to Hilton Westchester? Share your experiences!