Pulling up to the covered entrance a sprawling complex is evident. Some newly renovated features very pleasing to the eye. We stop and get out, pop the trunk and a gentleman wearing a blue jacket approaches and asks if we want to valet. I tell him yes and he informs me of the $14 daily charge. When I tell home that's fine he almost seemed annoyed that I accepted this.
Check-in was easy. The major remodel of the lobby and restaurant is seen here with new seating areas and a fireplace.
The halls on the way to the room were somewhat drab with a slight unpleasant odor, maybe a mildew smell. Nothing looked dirty.
The rooms were nice, what you expect from a Hilton that was just remodeled. Beds comfortable. No extra sheets, blankets, or pillows in the room. Poorly built and too narrow closet doors in the living room of our suite.
Headed up to the bar and tried to get a draft beer. No draft available. Something about running out of gas for the draft system. Ok, ordered a bottled beer off the menu. Sorry, don't have that one either...
Went out to the front to get the car brought around. I had to get the valet ticket stamped first so back in to the front desk. Car came, the valet didn't give me back the ticket as they usually do if you are staying multiple nights, didn't think twice about it. Left to have a nice dinner.
Upon return got the same surprised / annoyed greeting by what appears to be a contract valet guy. Got a new ticket, had to go to front desk to get it stamped... Are you kidding me? This huge hotel and they can't figure out how to run a valet service without being a hassle to their guests, something every other hotel on the planet knows how to do?
The following day we gather in the lobby bar for lunch, again told try have no gas for their draft beers. This is NY. There is no CO2 available to a major Hilton facility in NY? Doubt it.
Had a plumbing problem in our bathroom, told the front desk, said it would be taken care of. Went through the same dance with the valet again, got car and hopped a train to the city. Upon return new valet ticket with same $14 speech, need to get it stamped, no gas for drafts in bar, plumbing still screwed up in the room.
Starting to wonder if there is any management in this hotel. Anyway, not gonna let it ruin the rest of our trip. None of these issues are terrible, but certainly not what this Hhonors member expects from a large Hilton property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Westchester hotel, located in Westchester County a New York City suburb of Rye, NY and is minutes east of White Plains, NY and 8 miles from Westchester County-White Plains Airport(HPN) and Greenwich CT. The Hilton Westchester hotel is the ideal location for White Plains shopping and going to the Westchester Mall. The hotel is situated on 45 beautifully landscaped acres of lush woodlands, combining the relaxed setting of a resort with the flexibility of a full-service business hotel. Guest has easy access to New York with the Metro North or Amtrak and can be in NYC within 45 mins. So if you are visiting Westchester County or White Plains for business or pleasure we look forward to welcoming you to the Hilton Westchester hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Reservation Counter, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, getaroom.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hilton Westchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Westchester - Rye Brook Hotel Rye Brook
- Hilton Rye Brook
- Rye Brook Hilton
- Hilton Westchester Westchester County, NY - Rye Brook