“Nice Hotel, Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from just $139!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rye Brook
Heidelberg, DE
“Nice Hotel, Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

First: Sheila B. is an Outstanding Manager. She definitely knows how to take care of guests. She also handles large group reservations with professionalism, and competence.

Second: The hotel is newly refurbished with a new restaurant/bar area. Very nice. The rooms are large and comfortable. It is convenient to I-287, the Hutchison River Pkwy. It is a quick taxi (or even a walk) from the Rye Train Station (New Haven Line).

Overall, a very comfortable hotel.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a nice view of the woods.
denise r, Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thank you for the great comments. Yes, we are lucky to have Sheila B. as part of our team. We look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Lewiston, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I spent 3 nights on a business trip to the area.It was very close to my function, also within a short cab ride to the Metro North stations of either Rye or Port Chester. This made it very convenient for a quick trip to New York City for a show. I ate in the hotel restaurant for both dinner and breakfast. The staff was very attentive, but the food was just ok. Prices were a bit steep considering the quality. This is interestng, because the room rate was quite resonable. I was awakened at 4am by inconsiderate guests coming in from a night out. The room was fairly clean and was always made up in a timely manner. The desk staff was very friendly. I would stay here again.

denise r, Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Dear larn796,
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. The staff enjoys hearing how friendly they are. We will soon be opening our new restaurant (harth) by the end of the summer. I know you will enjoy the new menu and quality of food. Look forward to you staying with us again.
Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Despite paying $150 for a room, the linens were not pressed or even tucked in, and there was 1 towel for two guests, and the room seemed as if it hadn't been cleaned. For this quality, one could stay at the Red Roof Inn in Secaucus. Also, of the two elevators one was our of service, forcing guest to climb up and down concrete fire exit stairs: not the safest idea.

Room Tip: Stay away from 137, I doube it is a king bed and certainly not clean.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jenngori,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. After reading your description of the room it sounds as if you were not registerd to a room ready for occupancy. In regards to the elevators you are correct as we were experiencing an issue with one of our main guest elevators. I am certainly more than happy to further discuss with you. I can be reached directly at 914-934-2540.

Thank you again for your time.

Travelers are raving about these Rye Brook hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Have been staying here regularly for business for several months. Convenient, great staff, reasonable prices.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear PeteS66,

Thank you for your comments in regards to the friendly staff. Our team is focused on providing great service and has alot of pride working for Hilton. The team really appreciates comments like yours.

Thank you again.
Garrison, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I just returned from a one-night stay at the Rye Town Hilton as part of a music conference. I am a Hilton Honors member, so early check-in was a breeze. I asked, as usual, for a quiet room, and was put in a wing of the hotel that is obviously reserved for people like me. This was a wise move, as this hotel does a big wedding/party business and there were quite a few celebrating people walking around (including many children).

The room was standard Hilton - large, clean, and well-furnished. The bed was a little soft, but the bedding smelled very fresh, and the bathroom was also clean with fresh-smelling towels. Wifi is free with Hilton Honors and is very fast.

I was concerned, however, that upon returning to the hotel after dark the section of the parking lot where I had parked was not sufficiently lit. It's a bit of a walk to the lobby, so that was a real problem.

I splurged on the buffet breakfast and was not disappointed. Good food and service.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I will return to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool area.
Dear Bandlady,

Thank you for the great comments, we really appreciate both positive and negative feedback. In regards to the lighting of the parking area, we are inspecting and assuring all lights are in working order. Thank you for informing us of this. We look forward to your next visit.
Eugene, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

The smell of mildew was overwhelming when I checked into my room. I told them about it at the front desk when I took the dirty sock to them that I found in my room. I didn't ask to be moved, thinking I wouldn't notice the smell once I'd been there awhile, but that was a mistake. They sprayed with Febreeze, which simply made the room smell like moldy Febreeze. I woke up sick from the smell in the night, but managed to go back to sleep, waking up with a bad headache in the morning. They weren't able to move me to another room until afternoon. The smell wasn't as overpowering in the new room, but it was still definitely there. The drain in the bathtub was broken and sitting in the tub. Paint was peeling off many of the walls. I was also upset that I had to join their Hilton Honors program in order to get free Wi-Fi. I've stayed at MUCH less expensive places that had free wi-fi, better cleaning, and no bad smells. The breakfast was very good, but it cost over $60 for 3 of us to eat there - and all I had that time was yogurt, fruit and granola. There's nowhere else to eat without having to drive. On the plus side, the bed was very comfortable, the room layout nice, and the hotel setting lovely, with a nice view out the window..

Room Tip: Be sure to check out your room ahead of checking in to see that it doesn't have an unpleasant (m...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear spencer_butte,

Thank you for your feedback. In regards to your room odor and maintenance issues we certainly will be inspecting and taking proper measures to ensure our future guests will not have the same experience. As for the wi-fi charges we need to follow proper Hilton standards in order to provide you with complimentary wi-fi. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can asssit with additional information.

Thank you.
IF ID
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I recently attended a conference at this hotel and despite the beautiful landscape and surrounding area this hotel was a disappointment. The hotel staff in general were poorly trained in customer service and were indifferent at best and rude at worst. My room was not refreshed with coffee packets and toiletries on a daily basis. Cleaning of the room was not very thorough. In fact one of my fellow attendees complained that her room was not cleaned at all one day. Because the hotel is isolated from restaurants, grocery and convenience stores, guests are captive to the hotel unless they have their own means of transportation or want to pay cab or limo fares. The one positive aspect was the luncheons and banquets. The food served was a solid B+ rating and the food servers were quite efficient. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
denise r, Manager at Hilton Westchester, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Brian M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with both positive feedback as well as the areas that need improvement. I certainly apologize for the negatives you experienced and take full responsibility to correct the deficiencies. I am happy to speak with you personally (914) 934-2540.

Thank you again for your time.

Been to Hilton Westchester? Share your experiences!