“Excellent Value and Service” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rye Brook
New London, New Hampshire
“Excellent Value and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

I recently stayed at this property for a long weekend. Although the hotel has a "no pets" policy, I wanted to travel with my licensed service dog. Before making my booking (on Hotels.com) , I contacted the hotel directly to confirm that there would be no problem when I arrived. I was told to just bring a copy of the dog's license papers.
Upon arrival and all through my stay I was treated in an extremely courteous and friendly manner by every staff member I encountered which made me feel very welcomed. The room (a standard King) was very clean and very large. In addition, I found that the food that I ordered through Room Service was of uniformly excellent quality and very reasonably priced. I would not hesitate to recommend this property to anyone seeking a relaxing weekend getaway within very close proximity to New York City.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

We purchased the Romance Package for a Saturday-Sunday stay. The room was simple, but quiet and accommodating. We received a complimentary bottle of champagne and a tray of fresh fruit shortly after our arrival. Any staff we came in contact with were friendly and hospitable. Although there were various events going on in the hotel, the overall ambiance was peaceful.
There was some confusion with our package which offered breakfast in our room. We thought that since it was part of the package it was something "special." When we asked about ordering our breakfast we were told to order off the menu and it would be sent to our room and the cost added to our bill. So, no different than room service?
Regardless, the room was worth the cost and we will definitely return for another visit.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Nanuet, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

On Feb. 13, 2010 I stayed at Doral Arrowwood in Rye Brook, NY.
It's difficult to plan trips in the winter months because the weather is unpredictable and many places require advance notice of cancellation, which can range anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. I liked that Doral Arrowwood only required me to call the night before to cancel.
What's also nice about staying at Doral Arrowwod in the winter months is that it has two restaurants on premises (I believe there's a third in nice weather), as well as a host of activities, so you don't need to leave the grounds once you arrive. Note, however, that the basic rate only covers the room and access to the gym and pool but no breakfast or movies or classes. And, in retrospect, that probably would have been fine as we didn't go to any of the movies or classes that came with the package.
Because the weather was cold, we didn't walk around the hotel's spacious grounds but the inside is also spacious enough to stretch your legs. We found a ping pong table in the hallway and there's a fireplace in the lobby surrounded by couches.
If you are big on breakfast, I would recommend a package that includes it. The breakfast buffet has it all. The hot table included pancakes, waffles, cinnamon raisin French toast, apple crepes, home fries, bacon and turkey sausage. There was also assorted breads and pastries, fresh fruit, cereal and things I probably didn't see, as well as coffee, tea and juice. But if all you want is a roll and a cup of coffee, I'd recommend going a la carte. Breakfast is served in the atrium, with a window overlooking the grounds.
Between five and six pm a chocolate fountain and champagne reception was held in the ballroom. We had planned to stop in there on the way to dinner but ended up making this our dinner. In the center of the room was a circle of tables loaded with enough chocolate and desserts to fill anyone's sweet tooth. There was a chocolate fountain with strawberries for dipping, different chocolate truffles and bite-size pieces of cake, including brownies and opera cake. There was an assortment of appetizers, such as shrimp on a skewer and puff pastries. Other tables held fresh fruit, carrots, celery and olives, different chesses and crackers. Beverages were also included.
Our fourth-floor room had a view of the tennis bubble and the outdoor section of the indoor/outdoor pool (which was actively being used in 30-something degree weather). The room had two Queen-size beds with ample pillows, a table in between with a clock radio and a desk and chair on either side of the cabinet with the flat screen television. The sink was in a small hallway next to the bathroom. Shelf space was ample and a hair dryer, cotton balls, shampoo and skin lotion were provided. The water temperature in the shower, however, was hard to regulate--it was either very hot or very cold. The closet contained an extra blanket and pillows, a safe and an iron and ironing board.
The pool was excellent, although you must reserve the lap lanes.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
san francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

I only spent a night; definitely will recommend for B conferences.
The pool is lovely. excellent service.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
White Plains
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

The view of the golf course sold us on Doral for our wedding and we were in no way disappointed! Rosaria led us through every step and decision up until and through the evening of our wedding. The food was delicious, the cocktail hour set-up outside was gorgeous on a beautiful July day, the ballroom was exquisite with new crystal chandeliers, and our out of town guests enjoyed the accommodations at this "resort"! We are thinking of returning for Easter Dinner!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Greenwich, CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

I've been coming here for years. My recent visit suprised me though. They now charge $10 for valet even if staying at the hotel. I don't that is right at all after charging over $200 per night. This charge is EACH time parked, not a one time charge. For example.... I checked in (not knowing anything about this charge because it's not listed anywhere)and bang... $10 bucks. My girlfriend came over after work to meet me and bang.... another $10. I had reservation for dinner off site so there is yet another $10 bucks. I had to drive one of my office personell to our office and then come back for a quick get together and then another $10 bucks. This is ludicrous!! I would have parked myself, but the parking lot is a mile away... IF you can find parking, and it was 10 degrees outside. The only answer from the front desk was ...... yea, it's a new charge and nobody seems to like it. I feel a refund is in order. I may not return after this fiasco, and neither would my firends and families.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
hotelchic, Manager at Doral Arrowwood, responded to this review, February 22, 2010
Doral Arrowwood offers its guests two options for parking: Complimentary
on-property self parking, or valet parking at a fee of $10, each time the service is utilized. The $10 fee was implemented to
offset the costs associated with providing this service. After thoroughly researching valet parking charges at other neighboring hotels, Doral Arrow wood's fees stand well below the average of what other area hotels are charging their guests.
Berkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

I stayed 4 nights at the Doral Arrowwood, and would certainly recommend it for business travelers - but probably not for anyone looking for a romantic weekend away! It very much caters to business people with a large, well equipped conference centre - and during my stay was hosting large groups from Fortune 500 companies who are headquartered in the area.

My room was enormous and very clean. Weirdly the sink wasn't in the bathroom but was set up as a separate vanity unit - which would have been fine, but it didn't have it's own overhead light (blow-drying in partial darkness isn't easy).

Limited room service options, but the service itself was very good.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to Doral Arrowwood? Share your experiences!