“An Oasis of Calm Just North of NYC” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rye Brook
New York City, New York
“An Oasis of Calm Just North of NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

A flood recently forced us out of our NYC apartment. After a three-week road trip we came home to a place that still wasn't livable. Exhausted, we decided we needed to regroup, so spent a week at Doral Arrowwood in Rye Brook, just 40 minutes north of Manhattan.
The hotel is also a conference center so it generally caters to the business traveler. But on the weekends they're known for their brunch, so lots of "daytrippers" come from throughout the area.
From the front desk to the restaurant servers the staff is first-rate; knowing our circumstances they've gone out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. In addition to their main dining room The Pub is also a great spot to catch a casual meal or a game on TV.
The rooms are probably where the hotel falls short. They're a decent size but are definitely dated. We had a problem in our original room, and the premier room we moved to was a step up. It had a renovated bathroom with a large walk-in shower.
Their indoor/outdoor pool is phenomenal. Always staffed with a lifeguard, the pool has three lap lanes and tons of extra room for water exercise and fun. As a swimmer I have appreciated the lap lanes! Other amenities include a fitness center, whirlpool, an Arthur Ashe Tennis Center, and a challenging nine-hole golf course with driving range, putting green and instruction offered.
Whether you want to run from the bustle of the city for a night or two, or need an extended stay like us Doral Arrowwood is a great place to escape to.

Room Tip: The premier rooms on the lobby level are a step up from lower floors.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
DoralArrowwoodGM, General Manager at Doral Arrowwood, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear ChinadollRVC,

Thank you for sharing your comments about you recent stay at Doral Arrowwood. Although we enjoyed having you as our guest, I am pleased you have been able to get back into your home in New York City.

Featuring a remodeled pool deck and new pavilion, enhanced golf amenities, an indoor-outdoor pool, tennis courts and instruction, and poolside events for the entire family, Doral Arrowwood offers the perfect escape just 40-minutes from New York City and a short drive from neighboring Connecticut and New Jersey. Whether guests are traveling from a nearby community or from several states away, our priority is offering them a wonderful getaway. I am glad we succeeded in offering this to you and your family during a stressful time. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Steve Mabus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We had a very nice and relaxing stay at Doral Arrowwood. The front Desk made us feel welcomed from the moment they greeted us. The staff at this hotel were very attentive and made sure our expectations were met. I would definitely recommend this place if you want to relax.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Raquelt3,

I am so pleased to read that you had a nice and relaxing stay at Doral Arrowwood. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. As we are nearing
the summer months please visit our website as we have some great specials and promotions for couples and families alike.

All the best to you and your family and we hope to see you again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This is an older property, it has been updated however not very well thought out planning. Room was clean, and the A/C is the old style heat or cold type..THEY choose when to flip it.. Not you. IF you are not a marathon runner, when checking in with any amount of luggage, get a cart or suffer the leg cramps. (Or, request a room closer to the lobby) you check in on the top floor so it's either a long walk to the elevators and another long walk to the room or longer walk to the room. The pool area is large and is indoor/outdoor. Fitness place is very large however the staff I encountered was less than happy to speak to anyone.
Restaurant was closed and the "Pub" was it or room service, I choose the room. That was a mistake... First, NO menus in the room, it's on the TV..(what Joy).. And selection is minimal, however you can call to modify your order ... IF you can ever get them to answer that line. So, what would have cost you $25 at the PUB, ends up around $46 for the room. I'll pass on this property next time.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
DoralArrowwoodGM, General Manager at Doral Arrowwood, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Albyfli,

Thank you for sharing your review. I also want to thank you for the constructive feedback on your experience with ordering room service. We are constantly looking at ways we can improve with the assistance of feedback from our guests.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to in the future so we can exceed your expectations. We wish you all the best in your future travels!

Thornwood, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

I usually am a huge fan of the Arrowwood! I grew up in this area and have been there on numerous occasions! Decided to take my daughter for a "staycation" and our stay was mediocre at best (although she would say it was totally awesome!)....location is perfect, check in was fast and easy! Got to our door (room 115) and the key card worked but door would not open! Had to call front desk and someone came to open.....you basically have to body check door several times to get in, getting out was frustrating and had we not been in room with patio I would have been terrified in the event of emergency! The pool was great! Well kept and lifeguard on duty.....it was perfect until around 8 p.m. When I watched a toddler vomit in the pool (shame on the parent that was pushing vomit towards skimmer rather then clear the pool to be shocked). Lifeguard didn't see so on our way out I told them.....pool wasn't evacuted! Ewwwww......back to room for a nice cold bath for my daughter (hot water would come and go....more so go)....called front desk and someone came.....turned faucet on.....bam....hot water! Noticed tiny little dead bugs in corner of the bathroom (admittingly I'm a neat freak.....but expect 100% on cleanliness).....my daughter proceeds to pull empty soda can from under the bed obviously left from a previous visitor. Dinner at the pub was great! Staff was friendly and courteous.....they have wii for kids to play and it was a good time! Room service for breakfast.....if I'm paying $50 for a couple of bagels, pancakes and coffee PLEASE don't forget the milk!?

• Stayed April 2014
DoralArrowwoodGM, General Manager at Doral Arrowwood, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Debpick,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We apologize for the deficiencies in your guest room and have already corrected them as we take great pride in the cleanliness and maintenance of our property. We appreciate your continued patronage and the fact that you are “a fan of Doral Arrowwood”. We are happy that your “dinner at the pub was great” and that you felt the “staff was friendly and courteous”. Doral Arrowwood has become the top Westchester County vacation destination because of exceptional service, well appointed guest rooms and our spectacular resort amenities including golf, tennis, indoor-outdoor heated pool and a variety of dining options amidst a setting of inspiring natural beauty. And with our specials and packages, relaxing Westchester vacations are a little more convenient and a lot less expensive. I hope you come back to Doral Arrowwood soon and give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Overall this hotel need an update bad. The carpet in hallways are outdated, dirty, and have a ton of ripples. Rooms are outdated as well.

The gym attendent did not want to help me in the process of using the racquet ball court, and also forgot to mention that there is a rental charge for equipment. For dinner I attempted to eat at The Pub. I sat at the bar and waiting for a few minuets and asked for a water and menu. After sitting at the bar for nearly 20 minuets, with no service or water, I finally got the bartenders attention and told him to forgot about getting me a water, I was leaving. Obliviously the party sitting away from the bar was more important than I was. So I walked around the corner to the other resturant where the Buffett is located. After I stood there waiting on all the servers to finish their conversations with each other, one finally walked over to me. He looked me from head to toe and asked if I was with the conference. I informed him that I was not. His next question was, "Do you realize there is a dress code?" I am standing there in nice jeans, nice shirt, and nice shoes. Before I could give him a response, his next statement was, "Well in that case for you the Buffett is $38.99." I turned around and started walking away up the stairs and another one of the servers told me to check out The Pub. I made a remark that I could not get service there either.

I stay in a lot of hotel and I've been doing this for over five years, and I have never been treated this horribly by hotel staff ever.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
DoralArrowwoodGM, General Manager at Doral Arrowwood, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Coby H,

Thank you for taking the time to post comments on Trip Advisor about your recent stay Doral Arrowwood. I want to apologize that you did not receive the service in the PUB that Doral Arrowwood prides itself on. As you can see from all of our great reviews listed here on Trip Advisor, Doral Arrowwood has become the top Westchester County vacation destination because of exceptional service, well appointed guest rooms and our spectacular resort amenities including golf, tennis, indoor-outdoor heated pool and a variety of dining options amidst a setting of inspiring natural beauty. And with our specials and packages, relaxing Westchester vacations are a little more convenient and a lot less expensive.

I also want to apologize for the deficiencies in the carpet outside your guest room and have already corrected them as we also take great pride in the cleanliness and maintenance of our property.

Again I hope you choose to return to Doral Arrowwood and give our staff the opportunity to show you the incredible service that Doral Arrowwood is known for.

Westchester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Always a good time!! Seems to get better with each stay!! Staff and facilites are wonderful!!! Kids had a great time in the pool..only thing we didn't get to try the racquetball...something for next visit!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ileane23,

I am so pleased to read that you and your family had another wonderful stay at Doral Arrowwood. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. As we are nearing the summer please visit our website as we have some great specials and promotions. We hope next time you are able to fit in some raquetball or perhaps a little time on the golf course or driving range.

All the best to you and your family and we hope to see you again soon.

Mahopac
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I booked the Escape package this past weekend March 15, 2014 for my birthday. I though this would be a good get away for my husband and I. The pool area had pickles thrown near pool. When I alerted the lifeguard he just continued his conversation, ignoring the problem. When my husband and I went to the pub for a drink before dinner the pub was full of little kids! I understand there are kiddie parties, but shouldn't they be separated from the adults. We actually had to "climb" over the toys that were all over the floor. When I spoke to the; manager she replied it's the parents. Parents? I never recall going to a bar before with children's toys. The bartender was more concerned about getting sodas for the kiddies instead of guests that were sitting there. Then we just get into bed and the fire alarm goes off for at least a 1/2 hour. The credit I was given $35!! Stay somewhere else!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Joanne C,

Thank you for taking the time to post comments on Trip Advisor about your recent stay Doral Arrowwood. I want to apologize that the group of children in the PUB that afternoon disturbed your afternoon cocktails that were included as part of the Escape Package. We are a family friendly hotel but strive to cater to couples, individual business travelers and families alike. We do offer adult only hours in the PUB after 10 pm which is typically when the adults want to relax by the fire in the PUB with a draft beer, shoot pool or play darts.

I want to reassure you that we take all our guests concerns seriously, which is why when you explained your dissatisfaction we reduced your rate by $35.

We hope that you did enjoy the rest of the evening with fine food and dancing at our Saturday Night Dinner Dance that was also included in the package, as well as the hot breakfast buffet the next morning in the Atrium overlooking the golf course.

We do hope to welcome you back as our guest in the future. Doral Arrowwood has recently enhanced our warm weather amenities. Featuring a remodeled pool deck and new pavilion, superior golf amenities, an indoor-outdoor pool, tennis courts and instruction, Doral Arrowwood offers the perfect summer escape just 40-minutes from New York City and a short drive from neighboring Connecticut and New Jersey. For a more active getaway, Doral Arrowwood boasts world-class tennis and golf offerings. In addition to the pool and activities, Doral Arrowwood offers three acclaimed restaurants - The Pub, The Atrium and Mulligans, Doral Arrowwood’s seasonal restaurant, which overlooks its award-winning golf course.

Again I hope you choose to return to Doral Arrowwood and give our staff the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Steve Mabus

Been to Doral Arrowwood? Share your experiences!