Stayed here this past weekend with 2 teenagers because we were attending a sporting event in the area. Unfortunately there's not many choices for hotels in this immediate area, and at 179 a night, this was the least expensive. The Arrowwood Doral is a large golf resort which mainly functions as a conference center and banquet facility. The good things are that the staff are overall very pleasant, and the gym and pool are great. The room of two queen beds was nice, with ample desk space. For an extra 10 bucks a night, we were entitled to 2 free buffet breakfasts - pretty good deal if you like those things. Also, we asked for a cot in the room and it was provided without charge, and was of pretty good quality, as hotel cots go. The bad things are: unless you want to pay for valet parking, the self-parking lot is a bit of a walk up a hill, they don't offer complementary toothbrushes (but you can buy one), there is no coffee service in the lobby in the morning - you have to use the in-room coffee maker (which was very poor quality coffee) or order room service for I think $6 for two coffees. Two major issues: 1) the room was quite cold -when we checked in, the thermostat was set for 63. So I tried turning on the heat but it didn't work, the cold air kept blowing, so obviously I just shut it off. The next morning I asked the front desk person to fix this and she said she would have engineering take care of it. When we returned to our room that evening, the thermostat was set for 63, and there was no heat to be found. Never a message from the front desk. 2) When we returned to the hotel in the evening, there was a wedding or something similar and a loud band playing. No big deal because our room was far away, but I got the dreaded feeling (like I do in similar hotels) that I will be woken up during the night by drunken revelers in the hallway. Sure enough, at 1:30 am, in our hallway I was woken up by shouting men and giggling women (or the other way around). It's never worth calling the front desk because by the time anyone from the hotel gets there, the revelers would be safely passed out in their rooms. Now I certainly don't blame the hotel for these inconsiderate idiots, and I know this is quite common in many similar hotels, but you would think by now that hotels that do banquets would put up signs or placards or something similar in the elevators or hallways reminding people to be quiet after a certain time of night. HOW COME NO HOTEL HAS EVER THOUGHT OF THIS???
Overall, a convenient place for the immediate area, but I would rather travel 20 minutes to something nicer in the future, like the Tarrytown Courtyard Marriott.
- Also Known As:
- Doral Arrowwood Hotel Rye Brook
- Doral Arrowwood Rye Brook
- Doral Arrowwood Hotel
- Doral Arrowwood Westchester County, NY - Rye Brook
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Doral Arrowwood is a 373 room hotel located in Westchester County, NY. The property offers conference and banquet facilities, award-winning dining and a range of activities including golf and tennis and racket sports. Indoor-outdoor pool and state-of-the-art sports center with spa services available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, TIG Global, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Fareportal , Otel, Venere, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Doral Arrowwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.