“Enjoyable.....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rye
Albany, New York
“Enjoyable.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed at the Courtyard in Rye on 10/26 for two nights. The Staff were very accomodating as we reserved much of the Hotel for out of town wedding guests. The access to I-95 was excellent (just outside the driveway) It was easy to get around and back. There were computers in the Lobby so, my son could surf the web, There was an information kiosk as well to keep us posted of an impending weather condition. we were allowed to check in a little early which was helpful so we could freshen up for the wedding festivities. we were give accurate directions to local restaurants and malls in the vicinity. The room was not perfect but it wa comfortable. there were no bathrobes (to be fair, maybe courtyard does not provide these). the towels were very flimsy I was surprised after staying at another Marriott property just a month ago (although not a Courtyard...) overall, I recommend this property. there was construction occuring which affected one of the elevators therefore, the walk to the lobby was rather long.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My family just returned from a 3-night stay in two rooms. The entire place was clean, updated, and in a great location. Rooms were nicely decorated and there was no indication of a strong cleaning smell even though our rooms were spotless. My room was on the thruway side but with the heavy trees and shrubs, I was not bothered by the noise. In fact, the hotel seems very well insulated for there was no sounds from the adjoining rooms as well.
I really miss the old Courtyard breakfast buffet but the service here was efficient and the choices were adequate. I even had a light dinner one evening and the chicken caesar was tasty and fresh.
Every employee was polite, pleasant, and eager to help with whatever you needed. I have rarely seen this standard of customer service at every level.
If there were any suggestion, it would be to supply a courtesy van for the train station. It is only 5 minutes by car and would be a major help, for after sightseeing all day in NYC, you arrive footsore and weary and there are no cabs to be had at the station. Even though the walk is safe and level, doing this repeatedly gets a bit tiresome. The train trip itself is easy and convenient.
I would absolutely return at any time!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

If you have business in Greenwich, CT, there are some lovely hotels and inns: but they all charge Manhattan style prices. Consider instead staying two exits away off the New England thruway. It's not fancy. But it's clean, well located and affordable.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side facing the Home Depot. The other side has noise from the Thruway and/or the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We chose this motel for a business trip because it was convenient and were very happy with our stay. We booked three rooms and all were quiet, clean and fresh-smelling, with none of the stale tobacco or cleanser odor I've often encountered elsewhere. When I checked prices with online services the prices per room were $250+, but when I called the motel and gave them my AAA card, the price per room was much lower. Not sure why, but I was happy to pay the lower rates. We had breakfast in the small Marriot restaurant and food was fresh and well-prepared. So the bottom line is that we were satisfied in every way and can definitely recommend this Marriot.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Greenwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Staying here this week on business travel. Taking the Metro North into Grand Cental daily.

Good location from the train station. About a 12 minute walk from Courtyard to the train station. Safe and easy walk.

Also walkable to downtown. About 15 minute walk to downtown. Great little downtown with lots of local restaurants of good quality and decent prices vs. Manhattan.

Clean hotel. Quiet location. Nice lobby renovation. Has a very small mid-level service dining area with a tiny bar and TV. Would not suggest eating here for dinner unless you had no other option, but it's nice that it's there in a pinch. Good for a quick breakfast with Starbucks coffee, pastries, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc., all for additional cost. You can get free non-branded coffee in the lobby plus the WSJ and USA Today.

Rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. The exercise room is small but effective. They do have a reasonably nice pool and hot tub too. Not bad to have an amenity like this in this price range.

My only complaint so far, no shuttle to the train. My guess is that the majority of those staying here take the train to NYC each day. They ought to have a van that leaves once or twice a morning for the train. Short money and would be a huge marketing plus, especially in the winter season. The Holiday Inn in Stamford offered such a service. It was very nice to have.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed here on our way to New England and found it to be super convenient to 95. The room we had was good sized and comfortable with a large bathroom. The check in was easy and quick and we were offered a free breakfast which we could not use because we had to leave too early we got a good price with AAA so got a great value. There is a nicer patio and pool area. I would stay here again if I was in the area or wanted a close to NYC hotel without high NYC price

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Placid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I just stayed there a few nights ago, and was impressed with the modern look and style of this hotel.

My check-in process was the fastest I've ever experienced, and the staff members we encountered were very nice.

Room was very roomy, comfortable and the bed was great. Hotel is a stone's throw from I-95.

As for the prices that were mentioned in other posts, you must understand that once you hit the NYC market, price tags across the board get out of proportion. The price at the grocery store or liquor store will always be much better.

I suggest BYOB and BYOF and avoid the market. But if you indulge their marketplace and dining options, their selection is excellent and so is the quality of the presentation.

I'd return.

Room Tip: Bring your own continental breakfast because it's not included and expensive if you add it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Rye? Share your experiences!