“Ruined by hitching the prices up” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Rye
NY
4 attraction reviews
“Ruined by hitching the prices up”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

We have just come back from a trip to Playland. We took the kids there a couple of years ago and it was perfect for us, as we could pop over, have a few rides and come home again.
Now the rides are a minimum of $5 each...including the littlest kids rides. So, having 3 of our children go on the little rollercoaster cost us $15 for about a 30 second ride! They offer the $25-$30 all you can ride ticket but we didn't want to spend $150 on going to what is basically a fairground.

My second child was upset as two of the medium sized rides that he wanted to go on were closed so he was left with the log flume and the little kid rides....not so great for an 8 year old!!

All in all, we were so disappointed as Playland's policy to hike the prices to silly levels made it as expensive as going to a "proper" theme park. Whereas, before today, we were planning to go quite a few times over the season, we just won't return. We'll drive further and give Six Flags our cash instead.

Westchester New York
“My Husband and I plus our three kids live at Playland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

My husband and I met at Playland over 17 years ago. He worked their during his College days. We currently live less than 2 miles away and we make a point to visit Playland several times in the summer. We were just there last weekend!

We all had a blast. The park is really clean, the food concession are good, and the rides and facilities are well attended to. My husband and I love the Boardwalk and the mini-golf. Our kids love Kiddieland and my oldest is hoping he is tall enought for the Dragon Coaster.

We are very lucky to have such a fun park in Westchester so close to home. I would recommend staying overnight at Doral Arrowwood and taking the shuttle to Playland if you are not from the area. The rides and beach are great!

Newyork
“A fustrating time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2008

My 3 year old daughter did not enjoy her self due to rediculous height requirments. That they do not post at ticket booth I spent 35 dollars for a 6 hour braclet that she didn't even get to use she was only able to ride 3 rides through out the park.I feel the park should tell you if your child can ride or not from the beginning. Will not be back.

Moscow, PA
“Don't go there!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

Ugh! Many people were swimming in their clothes (complete with underwear). $7.00 to park on Sundays. Beach is narrow and often crowded. Drive to Connecticut for a much nicer beach.

Fayette County, GA
“Westchesters Best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2007

Great place for a smaller scale park! Love the Dragon Coaster...