“Great spot in the middle of nowhere!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Roxbury
The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging
You added The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging to your Saves list
2258 County Highway 41, Roxbury, NY 12474   |
Special Offer
2 week nites, 3rd is free
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Roxbury
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Jersey
“Great spot in the middle of nowhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

We have stayed at the Roxbury twice with the kids for short ski vacations. We love the laid back (uncrowded) Plattekill Mountain nearby & this boutique hotel/motel is funky & fun. Kids love the theme rooms (try the Shag-a-delic or Jeannie's Bottle) & the Public Lounge restaurant around the corner is a great bar/restaurant within walking distance. Tried the spa for the first time & had a great massage & some quite time away from kids & slopes. The place is always spotlessly clean & the morning breakfast & all day coffee is great. Perfect for a short trip from New York to ski or enjoy the mountain in the summer.

Room Tip: Any of the "theme" rooms are fun. Also several are kitchenettes which is great for kids.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Lindenhurst, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

This past weekend was my 3rd visit to The Roxbury in 4 years. My friends have been hearing me go on and on about The Roxbury, Plattekill, Public Lounge, Cassies etc for years. So for my 30th birthday (Jan 17th), they surprised me with a trip The Roxbury! I've stayed in Go Go A Lightly, Freds Lair, and this time it was one of the new rooms, Noir Boudoir, an immaculate two story suite themed after The Addams Family and it did NOT dissapoint with the spooky factor! All I can say is WOW, the furniture, details, bedding, bathrooms, the quality is unmatched, as in every other rooms I've seen there. They always have a gift waiting for me in my room, this year it was a small bottle of Champagne and a birthday card. I cannot say enough good things about the hotel and the staff, and now my friends know EXACTLY what I am talking about, they call cannot WAIT to come back!! Looking forward to trying all of your rooms at least once. Thanks for another great Birthday!!

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful. However the "Studio Theme Rooms" have the shower stall and tub li...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Amazing!!! That one word can just about sum up our two night stay at this wonderful hotel. My boyfriend and I stayed for two nights, starting on New Year’s Eve. We stayed in the Maryann’s Coconut Cream Pie themed room. From the moment we arrived we felt right at home. The room looks exactly like it does on-line in the pictures and the bed is one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. We started our trip by getting a couples massage, by Danielle and Marge. Soooo nice, and afterwards we enjoyed the steam room for as long as we could handle. For dinner both nights we walked across the street to Public Lounge. The staff there are just as friendly. So accommodating, even to food allergies. We spent most of the night, here but headed back over to The Roxbury for the countdown and bon-fire. It was so much fun, there really isn’t a need to go anywhere else while you’re here. We ate at East Branch pizza on Sunday for lunch, really good pizza and I am pretty picky. I highly recommend this place to everyone!!! The attention to detail and the inviting staff made among many other things made our trip truly memorable, we can’t wait to go back.

Room Tip: Im sure any room would be amazing!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Bellport, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Terrific all around. Great room, with attention to every last detail of decor and amenity. The room was a work of art, and the staff were helpful and friendly. Good restaurant/bar across the street, and a great breakfast at the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Vienna, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Our family stayed in the polka-dot themed kitchenette for 3 nights. It was a cozy room for 2 adults and 2 kids (6 years and 4 years old), but the attention to detail was outstanding. We especially liked the chic bath products, DVD player, wine bottle selection, as well as the cookies and wasabi peanuts in the office lounge.

After skiing at nearby Platekill Mountain (15 minutes away), my wife and I very much enjoyed relaxing in the spa. The South building has a hot tub and dry-sauna. But the North building has a delightful library and steam-sauna. Our family would definitely stay at the Roxbury again for a vacation in the Catskills.

Room Tip: It's best to preview the suites and rooms on the website.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

I stayed in a kitchenette for one night and it was just like staying at a friend's place-- a very chic, detail-oriented, thoughtful friend. The owners have thought of every last detail- from the fresh flowers, cookies and extensive DVD selection all the way down to the ribbons on the toilet paper.

Very close to Plattekill Mountain and great restaurants/cafes in walking distance (but check hours/availability on those first).

Room Tip: Take a look at the website to choose your room "theme". Most (all?) room photos are posted...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Ardsley, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I just spent Christmas Eve night at the Roxbury Motel in Roxbury, NY with my daughter, husband and step-son. This was a repeat visit for us, but as in the past, everything was great. This year my daughter and I visited the spa for the first time - each of us had a one hour massage, and our masseuse was just wonderful. He was so friendly and helpful, and even took a special trip outside to show my daughter where the whirpool is located. The only downside is that you have to walk outside in your robe, etc. to get to the spa facilities, but it is not a long walk. The service was wonderful, and our room - George's Space Pad- was perfect for our group, as our two teens each had their own pull out sofa bed in the common room, and my husband and I had a cozy bedroom to ourselves. We only wish we had more time to spend there, but will be sure to visit again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging? Share your experiences!