“Charming little ski resort!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Attractions in Roxbury
Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Sports
Activities: Mountain biking
More attraction details
Owner description: Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall ... there's something for everyone at Plattekill Mountain. You'll find 38 exciting trails and more snowmaking this year! Only a couple hours from NYC, Plattekill offers a laid-back family atmosphere and unique vibe that is a true find. Family-owned and operated, Plattekill offers a personal appeal and caters to what they know best: skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking and having fun! Big mountain terrain and small mountain charm describes them best with a 3,500' elevation, 175" average annual snowfall, and a serious focus on trail and snowmaking improvements and quality. "Powder Puff," the most well-known trail, is a great 2-mile beginner cruiser and "Blockbuster," a resort fave, double black diamond, offering 1,100 feet of continuous vertical is sure to challenge the most advanced snowsport enthusiast. Choose from skiing, snowboarding, snowtubing and snowshoeing, outdoor fun awaits at Plattekill Mountain.
New York, New York, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Charming little ski resort!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

As a first time skier I was nervous to learn at a smaller resort since they aren't known to have too many beginner trails, but Plattekill was great! My boyfriend (an avid skier) and I went on a holiday weekend and the place was practically empty, which meant easy parking and no wait for rentals or the lift. Although there was really only one trail for me to practice on (the other green one trail was closed), I easily was able to hone my new skills and make a ton of runs since there were very few other people skiing and snowboarding.

I took a private lesson from Jeff, who was very friendly and greatly helped me improve my form (and confidence in my skiing abilities!).

The pricing was very affordable and the equipment was in great condition. I would definitely go back!

Visited February 2013

Poughkeepsie, New York
9 attraction reviews
“Backyard Gem for Skiing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Plattekill is a nice mountain to ski---off the beaten path in your "backyard". Easy to get to and not crowded at all. We have been there several times and never have to wait in lift lines. The terrain is great and lots of diversity. Staff are friendly and talkative. Great place for family skiing. And lunch upstairs in the bar area is delicious! Not too expensive to eat or to ski. My husband is a snowboarder and enjoys it as well. Highly recommend you check it out!

Visited January 2013
Wayne, New Jersey
47 attraction reviews
“Mad River of NYS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Awesome place when the conditions are good. Totally caught in a time warp but that's one of it's main qualities. This is a skiers mountain and offers great expert terrain as well as something for everybody. I still visit occasionally but have backed off over recent years after the owner launched an attack on Belleayre Mountain. Never bite the hands that feed you!!!

Visited March 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Tubing fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My partner skied and i went tubing--the tubing was really fun! It wasn't mobbed like at some ski resorts. The lodge was fun with a bar upstairs. Beautiful mountain...

Visited December 2012
Albany, New York, United States
“Awful experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

At first things seemed fine. The employees were nice and overall we were excited to get started. My husband went down one of the harder trails and he fell, once he had gotten to the bottom of the hill we had noticed that he had lost his lift ticket (they were printed on poor paper). We went back to the ticket counter to the same person that had helped us and told her what had happened when she proceeded to tell us that we were going to have to purchase another lift ticket. It was very disappointing and not to mention how much her attitude changed toward us because of the accident. Won't be going back because of the poor customer service.

Visited December 2011