“Hotel is a true embarrasment and disgrace!” 1 of 5 stars

The Roslyn Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1221 Old Northern Blvd., Roslyn, NY 11576   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Roslyn
longisland
“Hotel is a true embarrasment and disgrace!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Do not have your wedding here you will be sorry!

We spoke to the banquet manager and went over all the details. One of my concerns was the dirty, scratched up dance floor. I requested a new one. The banquet manager promised over and over but never delivered.

We made a mistake by not requesting a tasting before we put down the deposit. For 6 months I chased down the banquet manager for a tasting all I received were excuses. Eventually he final came through. The food was disgusting! What a huge disappointment as we went into panic mode now!

We booked rooms for out of town relatives and they screwed up the reservations twice. The second time we really have to do some wheeling and dealing to fix their mistake.

The wedding finally came, during the reception the banquet manager asked me to leave the suite I had reserved for 5 days, as someone else reserved it I was told. How could I leave my wedding? Why was someone bothering me on my special day? Multiple times my reception was interrupted by the banquet manager.

After the reception, the banquet manager came to my room and a full scale argument started. He got so bad, I was afraid he was going to hit me. Lucky my husband was nearby and chased him away.

Here I was, just married and we had to relocate to another room. I don’t know why, because the room was already reserved. No assistance was made available to us, and a guest was forced to sleep in an unmade room, because they screwed up the reservations.

After the wedding I was clearly upset over the treatment I received from this employee. I spoke to the owner, who did nothing. I spoke to the general manager who also did nothing. My bill also appears to be wrong.

stay away from this hotel or you will be sorry!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed at the hotel last month on WED, to my surprise there was Manager's reception night of unlimited complimentary wine and hot appetizer. The staff was very helpful and had the causey atmosphere. The location is convenient to Roslyn area of NY I will recommend this place any time of day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cape May, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at the Roslyn Claremont for two nights while attending a wedding. This hotel was used as the booking hotel for the wedding and over 30 rooms were booked. The rooms were clean and comfortable. There is a pleasant sitting area and small area by the lobby. However, most people encountered problems with reservations upon check-in. The bride and groom were told on check in that there was not room for them and many wedding guests were required to double up in rooms ! These problems were only compounded by a manager that was both unpleasant and unprofessional at every level. For all the postives of the buiding, I would avoid staying here if at all possible. As we were departing, another large party was beginning to check in and it was like watching a rerun of our experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Roslyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at the hotel Due to the hurricane sandy. When we first arrived our room was $189 and our reservation was for two nights. Due to no power in our home we had to stay longer than anticipated. When they finally said we can stay due to cancellations the rate went up to $295! We were at a loss because we had no where to go. My husband spoke to the owner and he refused to keep the rate at $189. It was disgusting. They took away the complimentary coffee in the lobby and limited guests on clean towels and sheets. The staff was sympathetic and apologized for the change in rate but there was nothing that could be done. How can an owner do this to local residents and others. I am outraged and shame on him! When all settles in the local area he will be sure to lose business because no one in my community would ever give him another dollar! They don't even participate in FEMA. It is disgraceful and disappointing in a time like this you help your community not over charge!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CindyYoung, General Manager at The Roslyn Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take all of our reviews very seriously.
Hurricane Sandy was truly a very difficult time, and our staff at the hotel tried their best to accommodate guests with the resources we had.
We regret at one point we had to eliminate our complimentary 24 hour coffee service, but our coffee distributor was shut down for many days, and we wanted to make sure we had enough coffee for breakfast. Our breakfast is included in the rate and we had many more people staying in the hotel than we normally do.
Our laundry service was with out power the first few days of the storm so we did not receive deliveries. We were limited on our towels and sheets, and we tried to distribute them accordingly.
We allowed families of 4 or 5 with pets in rooms that normally accommodate two because of the situation, so we virtually tripled or quadrupled the number of people that usually occupy the hotel.

Thank you again for writing a review. We have already discussed any changes we need to implement in case of a future disaster and we appreciate your input.
Athlone, Westmeath, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Hotel was clean near work, lovely little village, food wasnt great on the first night, we didnt eat there the second night. Would advise eating out and having drinks out, worked well for where i was working for the week

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

When we arrived from CA at night , we couldn't believe how noisy the whole place was (due to 2 reunions going on). We were exhausted, but I was ready to move to any other hotel, or even just to drive around until we figured something out. Then my husband talked to Patty and Olga about it, and they upgraded us (no charge) to a suite that was actually totally quiet. We stayed there for 4 days, and all was great. Alicia was also really helpful during our stay. The hotel is charming, in a beautiful village neighborhood, and I loved the free massage chair right up the stairs from the lobby. It's true there was no heat (this was late Oct.) which I did think was weird. But, all in all, we loved the place.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I must include the fact that I was with a small group as well. There were 5 of us and two of the nurses from California had a similar experience with regards to the mediocre service. They had complained of lackluster service upon their arrival as well. So it seems the best treatment and service went to the large group that was there at the same time. Clearly, offering your guest a blanket b/c YOU (the manager) have decided the temperature has warmed up (57 degrees) it simply NOT good service.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to The Roslyn Hotel? Share your experiences!