“Good Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Roslyn
Athlone, Westmeath, Ireland
“Good Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Hotel was clean near work, lovely little village, food wasnt great on the first night, we didnt eat there the second night. Would advise eating out and having drinks out, worked well for where i was working for the week

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

When we arrived from CA at night , we couldn't believe how noisy the whole place was (due to 2 reunions going on). We were exhausted, but I was ready to move to any other hotel, or even just to drive around until we figured something out. Then my husband talked to Patty and Olga about it, and they upgraded us (no charge) to a suite that was actually totally quiet. We stayed there for 4 days, and all was great. Alicia was also really helpful during our stay. The hotel is charming, in a beautiful village neighborhood, and I loved the free massage chair right up the stairs from the lobby. It's true there was no heat (this was late Oct.) which I did think was weird. But, all in all, we loved the place.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I must include the fact that I was with a small group as well. There were 5 of us and two of the nurses from California had a similar experience with regards to the mediocre service. They had complained of lackluster service upon their arrival as well. So it seems the best treatment and service went to the large group that was there at the same time. Clearly, offering your guest a blanket b/c YOU (the manager) have decided the temperature has warmed up (57 degrees) it simply NOT good service.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Roslyn hotels

Alta, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had our high school class reunion at the Roslyn Claremont Hotel on October 12, 2012. When arriving the day before to look at the room location for our high school class reunion event I found our high school had made a big mistake in the meeting room selection in that it was much too small. With only 24 hours until the event I contacted the Banquet Manager, Max, and he immediately agreed that the room was much too small and took charge in arranging for another and bigger room for us at no additional charge. During the event Max was there to insure all went well and even became our "official" photographer in taking our class pictures.
Two thumbs up to the Claremont Hotel both for its hospitality and helping to fix a potential very big last minute problem. Looking forward to our next reunion at the Claremont.
Dr. Kevin Donnelly

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I'm from Texas and where Im from the customer is made comfortable. Not so in NY and at this hotel..they decide when to turn the heat on...even if you are paying full price!!! When I came in I had to grab my own dolly for my bags before anyone offered to help! when I asked about the heat b/c I was cold in my room.. They said it won't be on till next week!! And another staff member said it was broken!! There's a high of 57 degrees and a LOW of 43 ...that requires heat!! I am very disappointed ...won't be back again and I suggest if you are from the South that you not book your hotel stay here!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
West Bloomfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed for a weekend wedding at a nearby location.
The rooms are lovely, the service in the Lounge was so very nice and
the atmosphere was sooo comfortable. We had up to 15 family & friends in the Lounge and it was like we were sitting in someone's Family Room.
Everyone was very helpful and I would highly recommend your stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

As a former customer sevice mamager, I recognize outstanding customer service when I see it--and the Roslyn Claremont really delivers!
Special thanks to Avanie,head of Housekeeping, and her excellent staff and to Arlene in Accounting. Both showed outstanding initiative in locating and returning some clothing which I left behind in a drawer. All of the staff went out of their way to show care and concern for their customers, from the front desk to the bar to housekeeping. Many thanks!!! I travel a great deal is this was one of my best service experiences ever!

Room Tip: Didn't rate the pool since I didn't use it. My room was fine and quiet despite large weddin...