“Realy nice evening” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Thyme Restaurant & Cafe Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 35 Restaurants in Roslyn
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roslyn Rd./Main St.
Transit: Thyme Restaurant is within walking distance to the Roslyn Train Station, via the LIRR.
Leadville, Colorado
“Realy nice evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We sat at the bar where there was great live music. My brother and SIL go here weekly b/c it is so good. I had a grilled watermelon salad with feta, arugula, and balsamic reduction…very nice. And I had the lobster, corn bisque, awesome. My partner had the filet mignon which was charred, that she didn;t like, but it was very tender, came with spinach and accomodating when it came to a substitution. My brother had a scallop and shrimp dish and a asian pear and endive salad, both looked great. My SIL had a special order turkey burger with tomato instead of bun. Even the rolls were great with toasted onion on the ouside. I recommend.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Long Island, New York
“Comfortable and good neighborhood restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

The food is consistently good, the appetizers and lobster corn chowder are exceptional. Wednesday Burger Nights are a treat with fries that are superior to ones we tried in France and Belgium. The service is excellent and friendly, especially from long time waiters such as Luis. He remembers our preferences and provides good suggestions to customer inquiries. The hostess checked with us during the meal to ensure we were happy with the meals.

The restaurant does get crowded at peak times, so a reservation is recommended. Weekend brunches are very popular and they were not able to accommodate us a couple of times. However, they professionally apologized and informed us that they were full, so we were able to make alternative plans. Thyme tries to provide the diners with best available seating but the tables can be tight at peak hours. The outdoor seating is pleasant in the Spring and early Fall.

Thyme is an excellent neighborhood restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Long Island
“Really nice place in a really nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I love the area around the Roslyn Clock Tower. The lake, the park and the historic homes all make it a nice place to get away from it all. That's one of the reasons I like this place so much. It fits right in with the town. The food is great, the service can't be beat, and the atmosphere is really nice. Considering its on the lake I was expecting a nicer view but hey, you can't eat the view. Our waiter was terrific and couldn't seem to do enough for us. The place filled up fast on a Friday night so be sure you make a reservation. You'll like it, I promise.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Old Bethpage, New York
“Poor management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We tried this place based on reviews. We had a 7:00pm reservation, and the restaurant was basically empty. We were led to a table facing a wall, which we immediately said we don't won't. They showed us another table of four but said we have to be done in 1:15 minutes. I said I don't want to be rushed and I won't leave. She said you have to leave in 1:15 minutes. We complained until the owner or manager came over and explained to us that the table expands into a table of six and she needs it in that period of time. We settled on the table facing the wall.
The menu is suited to a special kind of pallet. Not of my choice. Very limited menu, and very pricey. I settled on short ribs with some pasta only because I couldn't find anything else I would eat. My entire party all agreed, the food was nothing more than average. The service was the same. No emotion, no sincerity, just took the order and left.
During our meal we heard another table of four arguing with the manager because they were told they have to leave their table for another reservation coming in. They refused in the beginning and eventually were forced to get up and move to a tiny table in the bar to finish their meal. I was so upset for these people being forced to get up from their table so the restaurant can accommodate someone else. These people were very upset and assured us they'll never be back. We feel the same. It seems the M/O of this place is to give you a time limit to eat, then get up or get out. The nerve of them.

Visited July 2014
Glen Head, New York
“consistantly good restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

we often dine at Thyme in Roslyn. We went again on Friday and the food was great. The crowd is definitely older earlier in the evening but that changes if you come to dinner later. There is a cute little terrace with a couple of tables which overlooks the parking but also looks out to the little pond in Roslyn. Those are the best tables (it is MUCH quieter there than in the main dining room...that or you can ask to be upstairs). As for the food, I think it's very good. They offer very nice salads as appetizers. the main dishes include a really yummy duck, pork tenderloin and salmon. All and all, this is a reliably good restaurant. The service is great and the owner is always making sure that patrons have an enjoyable experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Food