“SOBE comes to Long Island's North Shore” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Limani is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 35 Restaurants in Roslyn
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mineola Avenue
Transit: Manhassett or Roslyn stop on the Long Island Railroad
New York
“SOBE comes to Long Island's North Shore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This is a relatively new restaurant on the North Shore of LI that has been open for a few years now. It is one of several places in this area to be seen on weekends. However, it also backs it up with very good Mediterranean/Greek seafood.
The restaurant is quite stylish with high ceilings, a large bar/lounge area and wide open loft like spaces all done in South Beach White.
The several times I have been here my reservation was honored w/n a reasonable amount of time. The wait staff is attentive and the food and drinks is very good albeit costly.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Long Island, NY
“Appetizers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

I attended a business dinner on Tuesday night at Limani. The restaurant was not overly busy when we arrived. It was a party of about 25 people so the staff had their hands full with us, but they did a pretty good job overall.

The restaurant had high ceilings and an open, white, clean airy feeling. Fresh fish were on display on ice in the center.

There were a number of delicious typical Greek appetizers but for me the most memorable was the grilled octopus sauteed in garlic. I'm not generally a big fan of octopus but this was the best I've ever eaten and I look forward to having it again. I had the Lupe De Mer for my entree and it was delicately flavored and well prepared, though they did miss a few bones.

One complaint I had was that they ran out of a number of menu items. I ended up with my third choice. They also ran out of my preferred beer after the second bottle.

I would definitely return when in the Port Washington area and recommend it to people that live nearby, but wouldn't drive so far (unless of course my boss was buying.)

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

My wife and I went to Limani on her birthday for the first time. Food excellent, ambiance wonderful, staff friendly and accomodating without being pretentious. Excellent restaurant. Will definetly return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huntington, NY
“Very good seafood with attentive service; go off hours or can be noisy and service suffers.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

Go very early and try to sit at the edge of either of the two main very attractive rooms for a delightful, though somewhat pricey dining experience. This is my fourth time and my waiter, there is usually a team of two, has never steered me wrong. The Greek specialties are wonderful, my favorite is a "fried" zuchinni and eggplant appetizer. The heirloom tomato salad is always a winner. The fish is where they really shine; beautiful, fresh and flavorful. Tonight I shared a red snapper that was cooked perfectly moist. If you're not a fish fan, the Filet Mignon is butter tender. Leave room for desert; marvelous walnut cake and other Greek specialties. The fruit platter is large and always fresh. For three courses and drinks plan a minimum of $125. per head.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere