“Budget motel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rockland House

Rockland House
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Roscoe
Rockland House
You added Rockland House to your Saves list
Rockland Road, PO Box 220, Roscoe, NY 12776   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Roscoe
Pine City, NY
“Budget motel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2004

Mildew smell greets you when you walk in but it fades when you enter the bar/restaurant. The lobby was located in the kitchen with waiters rushing around us preparing food. Our room was decent. Single bed room, mini-fridge and sink, nice tv, good size bathroom. For what we payed, I was pleased. However when we woke up in the morning there was no hot water. We had to wait 2 hours for the water to warm up again. The hotel staff just said there were a lot of guests there that night and they must have used all of the hot water. I would consider staying here again if I was in the area but I would probably check out other hotels first.

• Stayed July 2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2004

I liked the place, rustic fishing camp, cozy rooms with a view, well stocked blue collar bar, young nubile camp counselors from many different countries looking for company, great menu, food is delicious, Iggy the cook is funny and talented. Sure the place needs some maintenance, I personally did not mind the mildew odor in the restaurant - reminded me of the famous Passaic River New Jersey floods. Safety is not an issue, too many people are up and about drinking all night for anything bad to happen. I would highly recommend the place and I intend to stay their again when they lower their rates for the summer season.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2003

What a dump. I would have preferred to sleep in the car. The bedroom reeked of cigarette smoke that was coming in from the other rooms. I had to air out my luggage and all my clothes before they were washed.
The bathroom had mold under the sink and in the closets. The bedroom closet doors were falling off. The sink itself was rusted. I was afraid to touch anything for fear I would pick up a deadly disease. If I knew they had a local board of health I would call them. My dogs dog house is cleaner than that place. They also advertise a swimming pool. They must have meant the mud holes that served as a driveway.

france
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2003

The worst place I have ever stayed at. I feared for my life. Do not stay there. They claim they are on the banks of the Beaverkill. A fat lie. Did I say it was the worst place I have ever stayed? I would rather sleep in my car.

Been to Rockland House? Share your experiences!