“Won't stay here again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Clarion Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3845 Veterans Memorial Hwy., Ronkonkoma, NY 11779 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Ronkonkoma
Jersey City
“Won't stay here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The women at the front was a little rude. While she was checking us in the phone rang and instead of putting the call on hold and asking the other person behind the desk to take it. She did. Not one ice machine in the place worked. We were staying in the back of the hotel and after checking 3 ice machine that were run but had no ice coming out I called the front deck. Was told I would need to go to the bar for ice. The room and hallway smelled. Had to go to Walgreen's to purchase air fresher. The best thing going for the place was the shower.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

No a/c in hallways. Has not been updated since 1982. They say you get a fridge in the room but it is a cheap cooler not a fridge. Pool area ok but umbrellas are all broken. Rooms are tiny. Bathrooms even smaller. Grounds a mess, shall I go on? Just avoid this hole and find something better.

Stayed July 2014

Travelers are raving about these Ronkonkoma hotels

Cape Carteret, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

1st and last time I will ever stay here. Grounds unkept, garbage cans over flowing, hallways dirty, room was old (but clean), front desk staff not friendly it was over priced for what was offered and over all conditions. I gave it one star because it was close to airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Long island, ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Though I recognize that this is not a resort, I still have an expectation of cleanliness. The hallways were dirty, there was hair in my bathtub, and the smell everywhere is awful. Humid sticky air makes the smell so much worse. Nothing has been updated in at least 20 years. So gross.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We are here for a baseball tournament Never again. Hotel is old and dated. Baseboard in hallways falling off. Restaurant is the worst I have ever had. All parents are very upset. Do not stay here. We could have stayed at other hotels for cheaper prices and it would have been a much more enjoyable start to our weekend

Stayed June 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Understanding upfront that this hotel was not meant to be an upscale hotel, my stay wasn't bad. My biggest complaint was the smell. The hallways smell dank and old and my room smelled the same with a slight hint of old cigarette (non-smoking room). My room was clean and it was nice to have a microwave and refrigerator. If you plan to stay more than a night or two, I would suggest finding somewhere nicer. It is not of 3 star quality like they claim to be and for the full price rate I would have felt ripped off. I got a better rate on Priceline so I'm ok with the outcome.

• Stayed June 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was easy to find and we were able to easily walk across the highway to Applebees for dinner.
Theo hotel looks a lot better on the outside, and in the front lobby, than it actually does in the rest of the property. Our room was satisfactory, but the hallways were dark and dirty. The hotel staff was friendly enough, but it was a nightmare trying to print boarding passes from their non-functional computers in the 'business center.' (Front desk clerk finally gave me her email so I could send it to her and have her print it.) If you are a Choice Priviledges member, they give you free continental breakfast at the restaurant on site, but good luck with that. The restaurant manager quickly explains to you anything cold is free, but anything warm is $7.95, then proceeds to stand over you as you eat to make sure you don't grab a piece of bacon. It really passed the ridiculous point, where he made excuses to hover near our table, pretending to rearrange things on empty tables. This was after asking us multiple times for our room number and last name just to make sure we were entitled to those Honey Nut Cheerios and stale bagels. When we left, we said "thank you," and he just grunted in disgust. Guess everyone ends up buying the warm breakfast when faced with the choice, but we were too angry to do so and figured we'd spent our money on an early lunch elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!