“Astonished by bad reviews” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 63 Restaurants in Ronkonkoma
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
ny
“Astonished by bad reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I an astonished by all the bad reviews. We have never had any negative experiences at this restaurant. I even checked the address to make certain that I am writing about the same restaurant.

We have always been greeted by a big smile , cordial greetings and a feeling that we will be treated well. The restaurant portion is not large and sometimes the noise from families and large groups can be a bit loud, but the food , in my view, is worth the noise and when busy, ,while the wait.--not long, but when hungry and feasting on the aromas surrounding you-well, you know the feeling that you want your food...NOW!!.

We have never had a bad meal here and it was always hot, prepared well and most certainly a good portion size. The service is always friendly, warm and timely although I will admit, when full, it does slow down a bit --just a bit.

We have been here by ourselves, with friends and with family. No one in any of our parties ever found that our description of this restaurant was in error. As one who has returned to this restaurant, I can only write that I am saddened that your experiences were not similar to ours, because you were not able to enjoy the pleasurable experiences we have had eating here.

We are not fussy people but when service is poor, staff uncaring, we will not be back regardless how well the food is prepared. This is not, from our experiences, the case with this restaurant .We have been back many times and enjoyed each of them.

I did not give it 5 stars because then I will cease seeking another family oriented restaurant which will top this...and the pleasure is in looking for that one. .

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Long Island
“Management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

They make you feel like they are doing you a favor serving you ! Walked out , never to return ! I'm not the only person to feel the same way. !

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Pretty gross”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The food was really disgusting. Pretty mural on the wall, next time maybe I'll bring a bagged lunch and enjoy that.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Long Island
“We tried and wont go back....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

5 of us went for my daughters birthday. It just so happened it was Pasta Night. We were greeted and seated. All the chairs had food on them, the waitress brushed them all off with apologies. The Pasta night included Soup/Salad, Entree, Dessert, Coffee Tea. We ordered 4 salads and one soup. When I told the waitress we don't drink tea or coffee and could we substitute a soda or iced tea she told us no, sorry. So we ordered sodas. Soup and salad was good. The dinners were ok as far as pasta's go, not really worth the money since it was strictly pasta. The one thing that really annoyed me was I ordered Sicilian baked ziti with eggplant. When I got the dish I didn't see any eggplant and as I fished through the food I realized there was no eggplant. I sent it back. At this point the waitress was pretty much ignoring us, we were too much trouble I guess. My dinner was returned 5 minutes later. All that was done was a few pieces of eggplant were thrown on it, more sauce was added (their sauce is very sweet) and more cheese added. It was thrown under the broiler. Cheese was hardly melted and meal was cold. I told the waitress it was terrible take it off our bill. At this point everyone was done with their dinner so I told her I didn't want anything else. We took dessert 2 go (4 desserts since I had her take my meal off the bill). I got the bill and noticed she took my meal off the bill, but added the cost of the soup. We didn't have coffee or tea and that cost was not removed from the bill, but they had the nerve to add the cost of the soup after my terrible meal. They are not at all a customer friendly restaurant. Too bad they are right around the corner from us.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Holbrook ny
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I wanted to have my graduation dinner at mama cucinas, my family is small so we did not need a lot of tables.. The waitress whos name was Katie refused to put 3 tables together so me and my grandparents could sit together.. My grandmother is ver old and is in a weelchair, they asked us to remove her from the wheel chair because it took up to much room... Its a regular wheel chair not 1 for people who are paralyzed... I kindly told her that we couldnt because of her age and she cant sit in regular chairs... Katie then got micheal ( the manager) who told us if we did not leave he would not serve us.. So we had no choice but to leave, i cried all night because after the dinner my grandparents were soo upset they just left... The rest of my family went to another resturant where they were much nicer... I would just like to say thankyou to the waitress katie because my grandmother died a week after my supposed to b graduation dinner.. That was the last time inwas able to see her.. Mama cucinas you are verrry mean people.. I only hope that karma teaches you how to treat people..

• Visited February 2012