“A nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Long Island MacArthur Airport

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Long Island MacArthur Airport to your Saves list
Orbitz.com Expedia.com
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Ronkonkoma
montana
“A nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

A classy feel top to bottom. The bathrooms are spacious. The beds are comfortable. The staff made great recommendations on local restaurants that were spot on. The fridge was nice but never in my life have I seen such a small microwave. It did work for reheating leftovers so I guess I can't complain.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Montanan_Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review on TripAdvisor. I see you have written over 75 reviews so for someone who must travel a great deal, we were happy to see that we rank high on your scale. Overall it looked to be a positive experience and of course as always, we look forward to your return. Thanks again for your review and I will be sure to share it with the staff.

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ronkonkoma, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My parents were stranded without power during Hurricane Sandy, the manager of this Marriott (Kevin Moran) went out of his way to get a room for my parents (father 85 years old, mother 84 years old) and allow them to stay at the hotel for three days.

This was a tough time on Long Island and there were no rooms to be had due to the huge effect of the storm, Kevin was a pleasure to deal with and treated my parents with respect, they loved the accomodations as well as the entire staff.

I would reccomend this hotel to anyone traveling on Long Island.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Bob P,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard by Marriott. As you can only imagine so many people were affected by Sandy and then the snow storm after that did not help those who were already in need of assistance. We still have families and emergency crews staying with us to this day. We are glad to have been able to help your family and I hope that everything is back to normal. If there is anything we can do, please do not hesisitate to call on us. I will let Mr. Kevin Moran know about your kind words about him and the hotel. Again thank you.

Glen Cove, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

ATTENTION ALL TRAVELERS- this hotel is the one! this property was recently renovated- the colors are warm and pleasing to look at-- all the rooms are fresh and clean-- bed linens are bright white and comfortable to sleep in-- I am a pillow person, so i love having so many pillows to curl up with and get lost in while I sleep. the Market is always well stocked-- it takes some time for me and my children to reach a decision with anything-- the pool is a good size and usually a nice warm temp. the fitness center is great--and updated.
the front desk knew my first name by my sixth stay--
this hotel is my second home-- I feel safe and well rested and well taken care of by the staff--

Room Tip: every room is a good room--
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Dawn M,
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I have already shared our story at the hotel of your compliments from our Corporate Customer Care review and I can't wait to share this review as well. On behalf of the entire staff we cant wait to see you back!!! Thanks again.

BARRYTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I paint flagpoles nationwide for my company polepainter.com and Working on Long Island is expensive to say the least. I was very pleased to find this Hotel mid Island. with a Red lobster next door it fit the bill for a good price and very comfortable room.

Room Tip: The only breakfast is the one you buy downstairs. I went elsewhere. Room and service was great.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
To Polepainter,
At first I was thinking to myself that in light of a hurricane and a small snow storm, I haven't seen to many flag pole painters around. Then I saw the date of your stay and said "Makes more sence"! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It looks as though your overall stay was positive. I'm sorry that you went outside for breakfast. We do offer a full service breakfast experience with eggs and omelettes made to order, fresh made waffles and Starbucks coffee. However I'm happy you enjoyed your stay in a clean and comfortable room and the service met your expectations. We'll see you next season (or sooner).

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We love this hotel and have stayed here probably close to ten times now as we have family nearby. We made the mistake once of booking at the other Marriott down the road because they had a better rate. Nope, never again. This will be our only home away from home when we visit L.I. It is clean and the staff are friendly. We have never had a problem and we will be back there in two months again. We thank goodness that there is a great hotel near our family where we don't have to worry about the quality of anything. We recommend this completely. There is a place to buy snacks, including wine and champagne, if you are so inclined to do so.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tibby H,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to see that all of your past stays have been positive. I am glad to see that you tried the competition and realized that this is where you truly belong. We typically see a combination of how friendly the staff is and how clean the rooms are kept that keeps bringing people back. We'll see you back soon and thanks again for the review.

Varese, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The level of this Courtyard is slighly above this chain standards.

Apparently the location is mostly for business travellers therefore we were there on a leisure travel and it was perfect.
I was very impressed by the cleanness of the room and the entire place.
Rooms size was fine, beds were comfortable, staff was OK and quality of food at the bistro was reasonably good.
The hotel location is very convenient for almost all Long Island attractions, if you are planning to go to Manhattan for the day don't even dream to drive, you've got Ronkonkoma LIRR railway station, you arrive at Penn station in about 1 hour and 10 minutes and train rides almost every hour.
Yes - when I'll be back in that area surely I will stay there again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
To Rtwtraveller10,
"Not just for Business Travelers" should be our new motto for this hotel. Thank you so much for your kind words. At the Courtyard we strive for 100% guest satisfaction and when we recieve a review like yours we know you were highly satisfied. I will make sure to share this with the entire staff.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel is exactly what you need when on a business trip. When you are tired and weary from travel, you might not need luxury, but you do need efficiency and convenience. You need to walk into your room and have everything there for you (definitely won't need to call the front desk for extra towels, as there is a STACK of them waiting for you!). It is not fancy, but is clean, comfortable and the staff is wonderful. This place has all the amenities you might want during a quick stay...from the Starbucks in the lobby (which is also a bar at night!), to the little market/convenient store near the front desk, complete with frozen meals and other treats like ice cream, this is a traveler's delight. Simple, no frills, and yet has everything you need. Not to mention, it is minutes away from the Long Island/MacArthur Airport. If my work takes me to Long Island again, I will not hesitate to book a room here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear LisaP,
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review for us. I will make sure to share all of your kind words with the entire staff. Remember, we don't just cater to the Business Traveler, we also cater to the Leisure Traveler as well. So if you're ever around the area again no matter what the reason, let us take care of your lodging needs so that you would consider us your home away from home. Thanks again for your review.

Brian J. Mauro

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Long Island MacArthur Airport? Share your experiences!