“Perfect for lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Romulus
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Wine tasting
More attraction details
Owner description: A combination of winery and restaurant located on the slopes of Cayuga Lake; the location plays a vital role in creating the best micro-climate for the Knapp vineyards. Knapp produces over thirty types of wine including cordials and aperitifs. Enjoy outstanding Rieslings, Cabernet Francs, Chardonnays and much more. Wines made to suit a variety of palates. The vineyard restaurant opens to a vineyard patio that faces west with a spectacular view of our Riesling vines. Chef creates food using as many local products to ensure a true Finger Lakes wine country experience.
Israel
12 attraction reviews
“Perfect for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

It was a driving day from Niagara falls to Ithaca. We stopped for shopping in Waterloo outlets. Lunch time came in and we were HUNGRY!! we came from 90 to 96 and did not realize that we are so close to the lakes already.
We stopped at the Dutchmen Family Restaurant, but this guy are closing a 2pm??!!!??!? The GPS took us to the KNAPP restaurant. That changed the day from a boring driving, shopping, driving, stopping in to a nicest drive over the lake.
We got the Knapp, they have a dinning room and a nice yard very close the vines. We stayed in the garden. The menu is very simple and misleading. We had some second thoughts, but, we were HUNGRY, and they were open. We asked for the "Chef ’s Daily Creation" soup so we can check the kitchen. BOOM, the soup vanished in a split second. Then, we order what ever we could from the menu. Everything was so delicious. We took the "Grilled Lamb and Bison Burger" - good for 2, "Lamb & Pasta Rags" - was too sour for the kids, I liked it. We are not too educated in wine, so we took the recommended red bordeaux wine of the month, which was very good.
We looked for Chocolate desert, but there was none.
After lunch we took some pictures around and took the drive on root 89.

Visited August 2012

Chenango Forks, New York
3 attraction reviews
“A wonderul vinyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I love this place not only do they have wonderful wine but they have kitties around too. I love there cat knapp wine!!!! I love the wine trails around seneca lake and hope every one who loves wine will book this vacation!

Norfolk, New York
5 attraction reviews
“Food in the Finger Lakes wine country”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I actually ate there on June 30th by default. I had been planning to eat at another winery called Sheldrake Point. Unfortunately they had closed their restaurant since I ate there last

I was, however, very pleased with Knapp. With their lunches they also offer flights of wine where you can have 4 small glasses of different reds or whites with your meal should you so choose. Very nice. The food was also delicious.

A very big selection of wines for tasting and purchase at the winery.

Visited June 2012
Rochester, New York, United States
15 attraction reviews
“The cat makes the winery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I always love visiting Knapp winery. The wines are decent, but not the best. But that's the worst thing about visiting there. The second worst thing is that they have so many kinds of wine and spirits to try, and you can only try 6!

Best part that makes me love it is the atmosphere, which is mostly because of the cat. I know it sounds silly, but I like seeing the actual cat who's picture is on the bottle of their Superstition wine, it's just cute to me that an animal is that famous in the area!

And the view is real nice. The pond next to the winery always has either ducks or geese walking around it, and it's off a road with a really nice view of Cayuga lake. Overall, it's always relaxing to visit!

Visited May 2012
Syracuse, New York
5 attraction reviews
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I like a lot of their wines there. They have a pretty good variety

Visited June 2012