“Dependable good food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Miller Place, New York
“Dependable good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We dine here several times a year. They have always had good food, pasta, seafood, and my favorite, duck.

Visited September 2013

Long Island City, New York
“Sooo good!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Just had a great meal with family tonight for my birthday and anniversary celebration!! We just keep coming back, mainly for the food and good service. All our meals were fantastic and plentiful (we came home with doggy bags:-)) If you have certain requests, no problem, the chef takes care of it. Our water glasses were always filled. The only thing that my DH and I said was that although the dining room is cozy, it needs a little facelift. But, like I said, it's clean and cozy, great wait staff and excellent food so we coming back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glen Cove, New York
“Mediocre at best...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Only saving grace of this restaurant is their wait staff and tasty garlic bread! My parent's had recently moved to Leisure Knolls and their neighbor recommended this establishment so I took my family their for Father's Day. Upon approaching our table I noted that 2 of the 4 dining chairs, not only had rips in their "pleather" seating surface, but evidence of prior repairs. My first sign that Mr. Spiro is not the great owner his website claims. The eggplant rollatini appetizer was excessively greasy with gobs of cheese in a very bland tomato sauce. The baked clams were the equivalent of what you can buy in Stop & Shops frozen food department and the fried calamari was greasy, chewy and served with the same bland tomato sauce as the rollatini appetizer. After that embarassing round of appetizers and my complaint to the wait staff we thought the entrees might be redeeming. Unfortunately, not so. Although the kitchen was able to cook the stuffed lobster tail to an acceptable level, the crabmeat stuffing was lackluster (any crab in it had been excessively ground and the only experience on your palette was of mushy, fish flavored baby food). I had broccoli with my entree and my mother asparagus with hers. I love al dente vegetables, so when I tell you both of these were undercooked you need to believe me. In addition, neither had a single ounce of seasoning on them or displayed any effort in fine dining presentation. I left this restaurant hungry. Wait staff was excellent and took the inedible fried calamari off the bill, but to say this establishment's kitchen meets the standards of a white linen tablecloth restaurant would be a lie. Save your money and go to a place that has an owner who is buying quality product and employing skilled chefs, even if the meals are served on a wooden table and you are sitting on a bar stool.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Great Lunch * Great Service * Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Every lunch comes with soup or salad and coffe or tea. Tablecloth service. Friendly, efficient service. Good garlic bread. Large selection of lunches for either $10.00 or $12.50. I had a $12.50 lunch which consisted of a delicious greek salad and a plentyfull dish of steamed mussels and calamarie over linquini pasta. It was prepared to perfection. Fresh, sweet, tender mussels, and tender fresh calamari. $5.00 wine and reasonable price appetizers. You can't beat this place. They're closed on Mondays. Lunch special are Tues thru Fri to 3 pm. As long as you're in the door by 3, they'll honor it. Hope you enjoy!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake Grove, New York, United States
“Good food good selection.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Had dinner there 2 weeks ago on a Saturday evening. Restaurant was very attractive, great menu and they also have a $25.00 prix fix 3 course dinner - even on Saturday. Food was excellent, on the prix fix I had a shrimp cocktail, 3 large shrimp which were very tasty, followed by a main course of a large breaded lobster tail in a francese sauce. Service was very good. Restaurant seems to attract families and older couples.

• Visited March 2013