“Spendy, but reliable!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Lynbrook, New York
“Spendy, but reliable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This diner is huge - and crowded most of the time. The food is consistantly good, but the wait staff changes over often. Over-priced, but quality is good.

Visited December 2012

Massachusetts
“Hit the spot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

When in NY (specifically LI) we always try to take the kids to an authentic Greek diner (pickles on the table, etc). This was perfect for breakfast. The challah French toast was tasty, the lox, eggs and onion was very good. The service was friendly. The atmosphere was great and there was no wait for our table. Highly recommended!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
HEWLETT
“STAY AWAY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

12/6/2012, just arrived home from this diner as i was enjoying my dinner a small roach zipped across the table.i was like ok well sometimes these things happen.it went under the table now i am i hoping its not going to wind up on or in my coat next to me in the booth,so i move it to the next table.the waitress asked me why i moved,i told her discreatly about the roach.i saw her walk over to the owner and mentioned it to him.when she came over to aplogize,at that point i became nauseous and could not finish my meal and asked for the check.when she returned with the check she apologized again and mentioned something about not being able to do anything with the check .that was ok because it had nothing to do with me looking for a free meal.it was only $12.00.to me it was all about an apology from the owner or even the manager..i Paid my bill tipped the waitress genourously it was not her fault.bad mistake on the owners behalf all over $12.00.this review will be copy and pasted on every restaurant website i can find on the internet.but besides that i will be calling the board of health and filing a complaint.and this letter will be mailed to the diner.just to make him aware of what a fool he is.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“Like a Murk”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Waiters running around smoking Cigarettes in the Parking lot, I guess if you are a Smoker you don’t care,
But if you’re not and the Wait staff reeks like a Smoke Shoppe, when serving your Food, it’s not so appealing.
I Tried to get a smile out of anybody, it looks like they hate they’re Job. Food is nothing special.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Terrible, Terrible, Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The owners of this establishment are greedy & disgraceful community citizens. The south shore of LI has been decimated and many of us are without power and heat. On my way to volunteer I was meeting a friend at the Golden Reef Diner for brunch. I asked for a table for 2 while I waited for my friend. A family of 5 behind me was also waiting, and they although were missing one person. There was plenty of seating yet the owners wouldn't seat any of us. Others were let in instead. The man behind me said "I have baby in my arms and a 90 year old woman with me, why won't you seat us?" We were both told it was policy. When we both complained that there were seats available and this was a terrible policy, the owner physically pushed me and threw all of us out of the diner. We were told "Go somewhere else." Greedy, greedy, greedy right in the middle of a natural disaster in our community. The food here is mediocre at best and the owner should not be a business owner if that is how he treats people. I will never go back there again. I spend my money with businesses who appreciate their customers. We went to the Concord Diner in Valley Stream instead where they were lovely and the food was good.

• Visited November 2012