“GREAT SERVICE, STAFF, & ROOM” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Rockville Centre

You added Ramada Rockville Centre to your Saves list
Ramada Rockville Centre
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Sunrise Highway, Rockville Centre, NY 11570 (Formerly Diplomat Motor Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“GREAT SERVICE, STAFF, & ROOM”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I stayed for 4 days first time and 2 days second time at this hotel. The room was clean and spacious. I like the complementary breakfast and the dining room is bright with TV and the morning Newspapers provided. The staff, particularly Rajen (the General Manager) was very professional, friendly, and helpful. The last time I was there, I felt very comfortable. With my laptop, I was able to get my job done inside my room. I will recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny and higher floors have less A/C unit noise.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
ramadarvc, Front Office Manager at Ramada Rockville Centre, responded to this review, January 28, 2012
Dear Isla009,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to leave us those kind words. As I have said to many of our previous guests who have left us reviews, your feedback means a lot to us, and helps us to know when we're doing a good job and/or when we need to make improvements. Comments such as yours gives us gratification and motivates us to keep ensuring that guests our are completely satisfied. We appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you again.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Only the lobby in this hotel is new. Staff is very nice, rooms are OK--old bed spreads, decent mattress, flat screen TV, smelled like a casino hotel room. Sketchy looking people around. Didn't feel too safe as a girl staying alone. For $130 I felt it was very over priced. Maybe $70 at the most would have been more like it. Gets the job done if you don't plan on spending much time in the room, basically.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dear Whitkeys,

I do apologize that your stay wasn't as pleasant as expected. It has taken us a few of years to complete major renovations to the interior and exterior of our property, so from the sound of it you may have been given one of our older renovated rooms. In a business like this we have to constantly make small changes and minor renovations to the rooms to keep up with the trends of the current time. Once we finish our pool side renovations our next venture will be to tackle those rooms and update them to make them more acquainted to the present. On another note, our neighborhood is a very safe area and our property is fully equipped with security cameras. So I assure you, whether its a single female traveling on her own or a family, you can guarantee that you will be safe here. Once again, I do apologize your stay was anything less then perfect, and if you do come visit this area again I hope you will give us another try to change your views.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 10 days on business. The staff was very professional, friendly and helpful, they really went out of their way to help me feel comfortable. I also heard them helping another client who was having difficulty getting an inexpensive car to the airport after a storm delayed a lot of flights. The room was spacious and clean, comfy bed, hot, hot water, fridge, flat screen TV - everything you want when away from home. After I checked out, I went back to my parked car and found that the cleaning staff - also very courteous - had lifted the bed and was vacuuming the floor and walls. Wow! I knew the room was clean because it was always pleasant to enter, but I didn't realized HOW clean it was kept. Two thumbs up! I'd stay here anytime.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms have entry from the parking lot. The room was quiet, even though the hotel is loc...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
ramadarvc, Front Office Manager at Ramada Rockville Centre, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Dear JackieReese,

I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Ramada. Although we are a smaller property, our goal was to make our rooms as comfortable, convenient, and adequate as possible, whether our guests are here for one night or here for an extended stay, such as yourself. We understand the importance of cleanliness and in addition to guests' being our main priority, the cleanliness of our hotel holds the same amount of significance. We do appreciate you acknowledging our emphasis on guest satisfaction as well as our location being a sanitary environment, and hope to see you again in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

My husband and I spent nine days at this hotel and found it to be very clean and comfortable. Our room was warm and bright and the beds are very comfortable. There was a full size refridgerator and a big flat screen TV in our room so it was possible for us to hang out in our room if we wanted to chill. The complementary breakfast is very good and the dining room is bright with TV and the morning newspapers provided. The staff are all very friendly and most helpful. Any requests we had were met with straight away. The staff even allowed me to use both the hotel computer and their own personal laptops whenever I needed to go online. The hotel is a short walk from Baldwin train station and right next door to TGI Fridays, which was an added bonus for us! I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
ramadarvc, Front Office Manager at Ramada Rockville Centre, responded to this review, November 26, 2011
Dear Tracyexs,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Ramada Inn & Suites of Rockville Centre. We are generally a smaller location, but during our renovations we had concentrated on making our rooms as adequate and comfortable as possible, so that our guests can gain the feeling that they're a home away from home. As we like to say at the Ramada "You do your thing, and leave the rest to us". One again thanks for leaving such a great review, and we hope to see you again on your next visit.

New Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I recently rented a room here for one night, and while it wasn't great, it definitely wasn't all that bad. I had reserved a non-smoking room, but was assigned a smoking room upon arrival. The smoking room was definitely not in great shape and needed some updating. The furniture was old and in bad shape, but then again, it WAS a smoking room. I called the front desk and the lady there couldn't have been nicer. She was able to get me into a non-smoking room, and it was a much nicer room.

However, the hotel really needs to do something about the exterior entrances and walkways. The stairs have cracks in the concrete, the outdoor carpeting on the walkways is falling apart, and the paint is chipped in many places. The lobby is nice and the breakfast is good, but the rest of the hotel just didn't seem extremely clean or well cared for. I probably wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a non-smoking room. Even if you smoke, most non-smoking rooms have balconies and are far nicer...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
ramadarvc, Front Office Manager at Ramada Rockville Centre, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Dear RC979,

The Management of Ramada Inn & Suites of Rockville Centre appreciates your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response in regards to improving our property on a daily basis. Our main goal is to focus on making each and every experience the best it can be. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. I apologize for any inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Travelers are raving about these Rockville Centre hotels

St. Petresburg Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I spent six nights here on business. My co workers picked me up for work so I was also on foot after work.
All the rooms are accessed from outside like an old hotel, which it is. It was clean and comfortable and the staff could not have been nicer.
The room had a flat screen TV and they added a ton of Hi - Def channels the last day I was there. The bathroom is very small but was no inconvenience. The bed was very comfortable with the heaviest comforter I've ever seen. The free breakfast was fine and the coffee in the room and lobby was good.
I mentioned that I was on foot because I had to walk to some place to eat every night. There is a TGIF right next door. There are plenty of other good places to walk to, all about a ten minute walk away and allot of places deliver there including the liquor store.
The neighborhood and town behind the hotel is very picturesque and a nice place to walk around. The hotel is fronted by a busy highway and the Long Island Railroad is on the other side of that and it gets kind of noisy around 6 am. If you need a cab, they take about 15 to 20 minutes to show up.

Room Tip: Get a room in back or at least 5 or 6 rooms from the highway.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
ramadarvc, Front Office Manager at Ramada Rockville Centre, responded to this review, October 15, 2011
Dear Captsteve,

Your kind words mean a lot to the staff here at the Ramada Inn & Suites of Rockville Centre. We try to strive for nothing but the best, and when guest such as yourself recognizes our hard work, we feel like we have accomplished that goal. As you have mentioned it is an old structured Hotel, and we have put a lot of time and effort into our renovations to bring a newer more accommodating Hotel for our guests. We have just recently added about 100 Hi-Def channels that comes in perfectly clear on our Flat Panel TV's, so I'm sorry to hear you had just missed out on our new addition, but they will be here if you do visit us on your next trip up to New York. We do hope to earn your business again in the future, and look forward to your stay.

Brookhaven, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I recently booked a pre-purchase stay with the Rockville Centre Ramada through my Wyndham Rewards card. We are from Long Island but out east so for my birthday I wanted to do a Casino Cruise out of Freeport (Don't even bother doing the cruise, they shut down operations until spring of 2012, 2 days before my reservations and refunded my money. I had already purchased the rooms. Opus Casino Cruise sucks!) We entered the parking lot which clearly looked as if they were doing renovations. We walked into the lobby which was very uniquely decorated with a modern retro vibe! The staff was rather friendly, nothing outrageous. I had booked 2 suites and they gave us the rooms in the far back (which was good cause we were loud). We walked in and were very surprised to see how clean, modern and large the rooms were! We had a small area with a couch, coffee table and flat screen TV. A small half wall separated the bedroom from the living room. We had 2 doubles as well as a second flat screen TV for the bedroom. The suite also came with a microwave, coffee maker, fridge and a double sink. The bathroom was very nice, but rather small. It only consisted of a shower (which I believe was a walk in) and toilet with the 2 double sinks on the outside. The room had great recessed lighting good for relaxing, lamps by the desk, over the beds, in the living room as well as over the vanity outside the bathroom by the full length mirror. I would highly recommend this hotel for a cheap, nice stay! The only downfall was the parking lot flooded badly the day we left so be careful if it rains! Also, don't be fooled, this is more on the motel side but non the less a very wonderful stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
ramadarvc, Front Office Manager at Ramada Rockville Centre, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Dear Debbi32,

I would like to first start off by thanking you for taking time out of your schedule to write this review, we really appreciate the kind words you have left for us. We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your birthday here at the Ramada Inn & Suites of Rockville Centre, NY. Our main objective is to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be, and Happy Belated Birthday by the way. I'm sorry to hear about the Opus Casino Cruise being canceled, they are normally a big hit in the summer, and we've heard nothing but good reviews. That is though, one of the many attractions located within our area, including Jones Beach State Park and Nikon Theater which is 12 minutes away and Long Beach which is 15 minutes away. We are also a minutes drive away from Rockville Centre town where you can enjoy good dinner and drinks. Once again thank you for the wonderful review you have left us, and we hope to accommodate you again one day in the future!

Ramada Inn & Suites, Rockville Centre, NY
516-678-1100

Been to Ramada Rockville Centre? Share your experiences!