“Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Earn 2X HHonors Points!
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I was in town with my boyfriend while he was in town working so I got to spend lots of time at the hotel. The rooms where nice and the beds were comfortable. The front desk staff was nice and helpful. The breakfast in the morning was nice. The gym was actually good too. Downside no laundry facility. Location was not that great. No much to do around there. Close to the railroad. I would recommend if you have your own car to get around.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
East Windsor, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed here overnight because we had an evening party locally. Our room was on the first floor but it wasn't noisy at all even though we were right next to the "breakfast" area. We were on the side away from the train so we didn't have any issue with train noise. I would recommend asking for a room that is not facing the train tracks. The cookies at check-in were a nice surprise. We have never seen that before in a Hampton Inn. The beds were comfortable & the room had a frig & microwave. The shower had a nice strong spray. Definitely one of the nicer Hampton Inns we have seen. The one downside is getting into/leaving the parking lot as it is only one way so you may have to circle to get in. The hotel seems aware of the issue since there are signs directing you to their lot. All in all, it was a very good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for the side away from the train tracks
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Rockville Centre, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Compared to the other motels/Hotels in the area, this place is far best. I have stayed in Best Western, Ramada, Express Holiday Inn in the area. Cleaniess, safety, and value this Hampton is worth. The staff is vert helpful, the rooms are clean, its in walking distance to restaurant, bars, movies, and train. I have stayed here and I find its worth the money, cleaniness, friendly, and safety.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I was here for a work trip so it was a brief stay. Overall the hotel was clean and the employees helpful. The bed was comfortable. However, we had the train going by our room and it was very noticeable. After a bit I got used to it but more sensitive/light sleeps might have a problem.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

As a diamon member I had a terrible experience at the hotel. I was not upgraded on check in and was given a room that someone already occupied. Then I was finally upgrade to a dated suite next to the train tracks which was very noisy. The hotel is in a good location but provides not shuttle service. The staff are poorly trained. The breakfast and coffee are horid. I complained to the manager who said she was going to give me points for my stay. I never received them. The rate was $159.00 should have been 89.00 based on the level of service. Terrible hotel in a good location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Lincroft, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We were here for a wedding. This place is very clean and bed was very comfy. The bathroom was clean, and very well stocked with linens and toiletries. This hotel is comfortable and convenient to driving out to Long Island and also Long Beach, New York.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Des Plaines, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The soap in the tub/shower had already been used, and was not in the original packaging. Of course, I discovered this as I was entering the shower, which meant I had to redress and head downstairs to get a clean bar of soap. When I returned to my room, the room keys didn't work. When I sat down to the breakfast the next morning there was no coffee. None. Both pots of regular empty and I couldn't find anyone to fill them. There were maybe 4 patrons in the eating area. I had to go to the front desk for help. By the time I got hot coffee the food was cold. Biggest complaint was the pillows. Foam. Lumpy. Uncomfortable. Normally I stay at a Marriott in Uniondale, NY, although that hotel was booked up. Regardless, I am not loyal to any particular brand and typically choose my hotels based on the destination. My only criteria are a full service restaurant and a nice gym. Often hotel websites indicate they have “state of the art” gyms, although many of those claims are false.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Rockville Centre? Share your experiences!