“Old time, Brooklyn feel, creamy flavors” 4 of 5 stars

(516) 608-4344
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Ice Cream
Portland, Maine
“Old time, Brooklyn feel, creamy flavors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I liked the flavors of ice cream. It brought me back to an old-time Brooklyn feel (the owner is from Bensonhurst). They will also give you samples of everything. Occasionally, live music graces the front of the seating area. Prices may be on the high side.

Visited April 2013

New York
“Best ice cream in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have been going here for ice cream since it opened. All year round. Dan , the owner , is always helpful and letting you know what new flavored he has and gives you a taste. Always hand made in the back by him. Not processed like two of his nearby competitors whose customers are clueless and don't know what they are missing just a few doors away.

Visited May 2013
Lynbrook, New York
“Never Disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stop at 5 pennies after a movie about once a month. I was inspired to write a review because the ice cream is consistently excellent. Dan the owner and ice cream maker is always changing up the flavors so each time it's a hard deciding what to get so I ususally try a few before I can decide. I like the fact that he has a mini-one scoop option so I don't have to feel too guilty after indulging. The service is very friendly and it's nice that there are tables to sit and enjoy your ice cream in this charming, local shop.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsford, New York
“You can't beat this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Nothing better for New Year's Eve than a Banana Split in this wonderful place. Italian style ice cream blended with perfect servise.

Visited December 2012
“BEST ICE CREAM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I love this ice cream. Every time I am in NY I must go, forget diets when there is something this delicious! The owner is in each time I visit, and he is so nice. He makes the ice cream himself fresh! And will humor me and let me taste as many as I want. I almost always go back to the Curious George though. Banana ice cream, swirled with cinnamon and caramel. Whoa. I even tried the Thin Mint once.... I hate mint ice cream, but this was so good, I might like it. Tastes just like the cookies! (How did he do that?!)
I love ice cream.... it is my weakness, and this is some of the best I have ever had. My biggest pet peeve with ice cream shops is ice crystals. If you don't sell a lot, don't make a lot. Ice crystals ruin the whole taste and experience. THIS SHOP NEVER HAS ICE CRYSTALS! Hooray!

• Visited July 2012