“A purrrrfect Valentine's Day dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
NYC
“A purrrrfect Valentine's Day dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this place! Did I mention how I LOVE this place? Since it has opened it has become our special occasion place- birthdays, New Year's Day, Mother's Day and now I can add Valentine's Day! I would actually go there more if I wasn't always on a diet.(ha! Ha!).It's cozy, love the chinaware and the FOOD, don't get me started on her to die for croissants and bread basket filled with the most incredible breads, scones, etc you have EVER eaten! Last night was our first time there for dinner and was just as amazing! Usually places on Valentine's Day are not as good but not here! The prix fixed menu was amazing, many things infused with a hint of chocolate , incredible zucchini bread and goat cheese/chive scones served on the table.And the best part besides a DELICIOUS meal? A surprise treat to bring home of red velvet scones and chocolate chip scones for breakfast in a pink gift box with Valentine bow! I couldn't wait to wake up to eat them!You DO need a reservation, even for lunch since this hidden gem has caught on, mine is already made for Mother's Day! Enjoy!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cooperstown, New York
“...not as good as. Was led to expect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had to stay in this area for several days to be with an ailing family member. We got tired if diner food and pizza,so tried Le Chat Noir. It is a charming little lunch place, but our choices disappointed. I had the curried chicken salad and could just barely taste a tiny hint of curry. My husband had boeuf bourgignon--where was the Bourgignon? It was plain old everyday beef stew. Service was lovely, great assortment of teas--and at least it wasn't a diner.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Providence, Rhode Island
“Interesting menu in a cozy space”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This little cafe has a delightful menu. We had lunch there, and there was much to choose from, even several vegetarian entrees. The food was fresh, attractively served, and very tasty. I had a candied onion and goat cheese tartlet that was delicious. The portions are a good size but not wasteful.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rockville Centre, New York
“Good food, but its not a dinner place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The food was excellent, but the baby blue on the walls and bright lighting make this seem more of a lunch spot. Don't sit at the couches if you can avoid it, they may be fine for lounging, but not for eating.

Visited November 2012
Baldwin, New York
“Still one of my favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This restaurant has been a favorite of mine (and my girlfriends from nursing school!) for the last 3 years. We frequent this place for the atmosphere, the wine, the great great food! And the service! The menu has changed a bit over the last few years which has been both disappointing (for nostalgic purposes) and exciting! There are a few dishes that my friends and I would highly highly recommend! First of all we always start with the cheese fondu...which is incredible. They used to serve a champagne and Brie fondue that was insane but the original cheese is a close second and still a crowd favorite! Our other go to appetizers are the green tea shrimp... They rock! And the duck and goat cheese pizza! I recently took out their appetizer of lobster risotto which was insanely good! As meals go, anything on that menu is great! Our favorites include the French onion soup which comes with a HUGE piece of bread in it and is amazing, and the lamb which is covered in pistachios it's insane. Their salads are great too! I think the only thing we were disappointed with were the frogs legs, however we are not to be viewed as experts on frogs legs.. It was our first experience with frogs legs and I think the fact that they looked so much like frogs legs got to us :) i have also taken my mother and grandmother there for mothers day brunch and they do a thing there called "tea service" every day which is a three tier plate presentation including scones muffins finger sandwiches and pastries. I would recommend this restaurant to EVERYONE! They definitely don't get enough recognition!