“Pleasant Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Sullivan

You added The Sullivan to your Saves list
The Sullivan
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   283 Rock Hill Drive, Rock Hill, NY 12775 (Formerly Lodge at Rock Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rock Hill
New York
“Pleasant Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The Sullivan Hotel is immaculate. All the rooms are updated. The beds are very comfortable. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Satisfying breakfast and great restaurants in surrounding area. Casino a few exits away. A must to stay at in Sullivan County.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Oyster Bay, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed two nights near camp and it was fine, ok, average, meh, fair, blah. Rooms were clean, they were busy at check out. Nothing specific to complain about and nothing great either. Good locale for the local camps. It was fine which I think I already said twice.

• Stayed July 2014
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Our experience at the Sullivan was awful.

First, they booked a bunch of young partiers on our wing, and on a Tuesday night. They were very loud and rambunctious, even after midnight. There is a door to the outside and every time the went through it, the door slammed shut and reverberated throughout our room.

We called the front desk to complain, and they did not do anything. The loudness continued past 2:30 AM.

The walls are paper-thin. I have never, ever stayed at a hotel with walls that thin. I thought it was only on TV or in the movies. And by the way, their pillows are as hard as rocks.

At around 4:00 in the morning, the partying host couple next door started having sex. It was very loud and woke us up. For about 45 minutes, every pounding, slapping, and accompanying female moan came through our wall and kept us up.

After a long day of flying, driving, and travelling, this is not what we wanted or needed.

The free continental breakfast left a lot to be desired and the coffee is awful.

When I lodged my complaint to the front desk, I wrote it all down as requested, and the manager never called me as I was told he would.

I will never, ever stay here again and I absolutely recommend that you stay away if you want a good night's sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I have stayed in many hotels and motels in the monticello, south fallsburg area and this is about the best around!
Its a value with clean rooms and a very good breakfast.
the only negative is that it does not have an outdoor pool but it does have a very nice gym.
The places is clean and like new.
Staff is polite and responsive.
You cant go wrong with this location.
Enjoy!

Room Tip: all rooms are good!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

After driving in a downpour during the 3rd of July heavy traffic, this hotel was a pleasant surprise. it looks like the hotel was recently renovated and it is very clean.
The hotel was hosting a wedding the night we arrived - it is a very nice venue.
The walls are a bit thin, but we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Runnemede, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I made a reservation months in advance, drove 4 hours to get to The Sullivan and have waited over an hour because my room was not ready. The twenty people who arrived after me all had to also wait because housekeeping had not finished cleaning their rooms. But they all got into their rooms and I'm still waiting now well over an hour after the 3:09 check in. Poor service to say the least.

• Stayed June 2014
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My partner and I stayed at The Sullivan for 3 days and 2 nights. My first impression is that the hotel is very modern. The paintings, furniture and the decor is very sleek and hip. I really enjoyed the pool table and the lounge chairs all around the perimeter of the hotel. The breakfast was good as well. They had pastries, bagels, waffles, yogurt, fruit, cereal, oatmeal and etc. Parking is free and very ample around the hotel and also free newspapers. There are restaurants within walking distance so convenience is definitely a factor. They have a nice sized pool and fitness center as well.

In terms of the room, the room was very clean. I like the bathroom shampoo/lotion sets. The bathroom towels and the sheets were very soft. The tv had a lot of channel choices. The prices are reasonable if you book ahead.

Some of the downsides include the lightbulbs and the lamps. We had to unplug them because they kept flashing. We also had a broken armrest on a chair. We did find an condom wrapper under the bed which was gross. The emergency room plan on the back of the door did not show our room, but an exit for a different room. Also, the check-in staff showed us but did not give us a map of the hotel so it was difficult to navigate around. We had to go back and ask for it instead. They could use more staffing in the front desk, because it was empty and I needed service, but no bell to get the attention of staff.

Other than, I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Sullivan? Share your experiences!