“Clean and comfortable 1-bedroom suite” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Canada
“Clean and comfortable 1-bedroom suite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights during the Easter weekend. The area had a couple more 3-star hotels like Residence Inn and Holiday Inn Express. Courtyard is right beside the freeway and our suite is facing it, but we do not hear any noise. Our 1-bedroom has a French door separating the living area and the bedroom, which is nice. There is also a small table with four seats for quick breakfast or snacks, plus a small refrigerator and microwave. It is not as convenient as a kitchen with stove, but for short stays it is better than hotel room. (The Residence Inn next to Courtyard did have kitchens that may be better for longer stays). The hotel pool is quite small but there is a whirlpool next to it. We took advantage of the Canadian Resident offer and got 20% off the regular room rate, which is quite reasonable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Niagara Falls, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

The room was large, clean, and had nice conviences. The bed was clean and super comfortable and the pillows were more comfortable than the ones I have at home. We were disappointed that there was no continental breakfast and we did have to wait 15 minutes for assistance at the front desk. Overall though very happy with our stay and the room key had a discount for the restaurant across the parking lot which was awesome as well.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

This hotel always delivers! The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The staff attentive and helpful! We visit Rochester 2-4 times a year and always stay here...no need to look elsewhere. Close to a lot of restaurants! Thumbs-up!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

Throughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel is very clean, well kept, smells nice, looks nice-maids wear clean, crisp uniforms-nice touch!!! Everyone accommodating, from Kathleen at the front desk who went out of her way to accommodate us, to maintenance that resolved a lock problem immediately! Often stay in Rochester but never here before - but never anyplace else in the future!!! Marriott can be proud to have their name on this facility!!! Thanks for a great weekend!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
THE ISLE OF LONG, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

Since our son has been attending Brockport University this year, we have made this Courtyard our home away from home. My wife and I have never been disappointed with our choice and we look forward to staying here for the next few years while he is in college. The entire staff here is consistantly accomodating and extremely pleasant, always treating us just like family.(There are just too many instances to list here!) Cleanliness of our assigned rooms as well as the public areas are never an issue. General Management at this Courtyard aims to please its guests and always takes the time to do so. It shows! Stay with confidence.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

I have been traveling for work since 2000 and I've been all over the U.S., parts of Canada, and a few places in Europe. I have NEVER run into a staff so helpful and courteous as the staff at this hotel. They don't just do the usual things we frequent travels have come to expect like having your "stay over" bag in your room when you get there, giving you the same room each week with a fridge and microwave, knowing your name, etc. These guys go one step further. How many times have you been at a hotel during a big snow and ice storm and when you went outside in the morning your windows had already been cleared? Yea, I know. Never. That's the kind of service I'm talking about. The other night I went down to the lobby to get a tea packet and the front desk staff said, "wait...we have some better flavors in the kitchen" then proceeded to take me towards the kitchen to let me pick the tea bags I wanted.

The rooms are comfortable and clean. Once I though that housekeeping had forgotten to clean the tub from the last guest. I stopped by the front desk to just ask someone to go back in while I went to dinner. Well when I came back there was a bottle of wine waiting for me with a handwritten apology. The next morning, EVERYONE was very apologetic. It was obviously an over site with housekeeping because the rest of the bathroom was spotless but they really took care of my complaint. Honestly, I was kind of embarrassed with the amount of attention they gave me because of it!

ALL of my co-workers feel the same way.

I highly recommend it if you're staying in the area. I've paid $500 a night for hotels in the past and didn't get this level of service.

• Liked — Service of the staff....everyone of them is great
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2008

I've stayed at a lot of Marriott Courtyards and generally they are a good hotel, but this one was terrible. The sound from the A/C unit was like the whine of water going thru pipes or a jet climbing in altitude, even though it was set to OFF. There was also a loud buzzing sound coming from the walls like the idle of a diesel engine. I couldn't sleep. I called the front desk at midnight and asked for another room. They're sold out and they're aware of the noise problem but there's nothing they can do.
I call Marriott's main number and tell my problem to a reservation agent. She says she'll transfer me to customer service. Of course, at this time customer service is closed...and she knew it. I call again and get another person. I tell her the same story and she tries to get me a room in another hotel for the next night, but I'll have to pay for the only room and that's more expensive. In other words, if I have a bad experience with my room and get three hours of restless sleep (it's a hotel), Marriott makes me pay a penalty to stay at another Marriott.
Anyway, she says she'll have a customer rep call me in the morning...so far, no call. Apparently, marriott has decided good service is too expensive and they've changed their policy to be closer to that of the airlines.
Unless you're deaf or can sleep thru a rock concert, stay away.

• Liked — The Morning After
  • Disliked — The night Before
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Rochester West / Greece? Share your experiences!