“Pretty happy with this place!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Alcoa, Tennessee
“Pretty happy with this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I arrived very late at night. Carol was very prompt to answer the after-hours phone and assist me in getting checked in; however, she didn't point out any amenities of the hotel, like the guest laundry, the vending machines, the grab n go breakfast, etcetera. There was a slight mixup with my reservation, but she quickly resolved it with a smile, which I appreciated after 16 hours in the car! I was rather disappointed in the condition I found the dishes/cooking utensils in, in the room - dried-on noodles and what looked to be possibly chili in the saucepot, no frying pan at all, sparse silverware (how are four people to use ONE fork?) and mis-matched cups. Also the coffee maker had been left with water in it, so when I went to fill it...it overflowed all over the counter. Ah well). All picky-picky things to be sure :-) I didn't really appreciate the comment from the front desk, when I pointed out there was no coffee left "well who expected the floodgates to open? Geez!" but I can let that slide as it was also said with a smile.

After returning home, I found a discrepancy in my credit card charge. I called and spoke to Dave who was very quick to pull up my account, find the problem and reverse it immediately. There was no problem and he was pleasant and cheerful, and the whole conversation took less than two minutes! All in all, I was very pleased with the experience, and plan to use this location again when visiting my family in the area. With a little extra coaching, this could be a top-notch place!

Room Tip: I would suggest not having a room near the stairwells....for the simple reason that my kid saw a fro...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Niagara Falls, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We came into town for a tournament and purchased two single bed rooms. The rooms were tastefully redone and clean. Better than I had expected. Pictures of the rooms online are very accurate. There are many restaurants located right near the hotel. Great shopping right up the road. Only negatives I could mention for the hotel is there is no Ice machine- have to make your own in the room. The "grab and go" breakfast was not stocked. Went down at 7 am both days and the food portion was gone. There was only coffee left.

Room Tip: Always price shop. There were many travelers checking out at the same time and every person went thr...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Check in was quick,the room was clean and spacious. In a safe and quiet area. Near malls and restaurants. Very reasonable price. Have stayed there more than once and plan to return. Comfy beds bu the TV screen is a tad small

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Kenmore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The property is somewhat run down and lacks any warmth whatsoever.
The staff gave away our room on our second night and took a long time to resolve while my family was waiting around in reception.
My 1976 college dorm (state university) had more character than this place!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I loved this property as soon as walked in the doors. It was clean and bright, The front desk staff went so above and beyond. (Galen! You rock!!) So helpful with suggestions on what to do in the area, even printed maps and directions for us. The room was beautiful, it is the first hotel where I asked for non-smoking and there was not one hint of smoke smell in the halls or room. The bed was so comfortable, and the bathroom was spotless. If the other hotels in this chain are the same I will never stay anywhere else again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
NORTH BRUNSWICK, NEW JERSEY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Over the Father's Day weekend, I went to a bowling tournament in Rochester, NY. We stayed at a very clean Extended Stay. I liked the fact that housekeeping didn't knock on our door at 9am. They clean once a week and since we were only staying the weekend, we didn't need fresh towels or our beds made daily. The staff was very helpful. My roommate was the organizer and the staff made checking in and checking on the rooms easy. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Booked my block of rooms for wedding here... The lack of communication and organization between staff and management led to rooms not being booked, booked at different prices. It was a terrible experience and I discourage anyone from using this hotel. Pay the extra $10-$20 a night and stay somewhere with professionals. New management and staff every month and they still cannot figure things out. Thanks Extended Stay America for adding that extra stress for the already stressful week of my wedding.

• Stayed May 2014

Been to Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece? Share your experiences!