“Hotel at airport” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Rochester
Wheaton, Illinois
“Hotel at airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here during an RIT homecoming weekend. The hotel is right on the airport premises; you could literally walk to the airport terminals. The convenience would be great if you flew into Rochester. That being said, since we did not fly to Rochester, the fact that it was at the airport didn't matter to us. Parking. Was on-side which was great for parking your car. That being said, one of the nights when we returned, there were no parking spaces available, so don't come back to the airport late at night. The room were adequate, no frills. They were clean. The breakfast was very basic with coffee, juice, bagel, cereal, etc. - nothing special.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
FFAGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Rochester Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn Rochester Airport. We appreciate all guest feedback and strive to exceed each guest expectation. We are continuously working to improve our standards and your feedback will help us reach our goals.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Very fast check-in, nice indoor pool, good breakfast, easy waling distance to the airport. I would stay here again if I was in town. The only disadvantage, without a car there's nothing else within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed at this venue as I was at a convention downtown- 8 miles..12 mins to downtown convention center. The hotel is a little of a challenge to get to..as you have to try to follow the signs..a little difficult at 5pm traffic. Staff is friendly and helpful, Breakfast is the usual Fairfield faire with added eggs/ sausage which seems to be transitioning to all properties. Unfortunately on my Friday morning the OJ ran out and no one seemed to be around for my 10 mins I took for breakfast. A bit pricey at corp rate $125..bathroom is stingy in size. toilet is in the center blocking full use of the sink area and the lighting is dim for us that shave our faces....I put my towels out to dry to reuse ..according the "green" advertising, but it was replaced....note...no noise from the planes...good insulation/sound dampening

Room Tip: I was on the road side, not the airport side, 1st floor, it was quiet
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Springfield, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I arrived at this hotel thinking that I had a reservation. I did not. I was concerned that perhaps my reservation was somewhere else and I did not want to get stuck paying for 2 rooms. The lady at the desk went above and beyond to help me out. She started calling all the hotels in the area to see if I had a reservation there. It was very impressive. I ended up staying at this hotel and am so glad I did!

The location is amazing if you are flying in or out of the hotel. I basically had to walk across the street and catch my plane in the morning. It is also just feet from the rental car parking lot.

Breakfast was awesome, including hot eggs, breakfast meat, and waffles. It started at 4am, which was great for my early flight.

Rooms were modern and clean.

Great hotel! I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
northeast US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

It was assigned team hotel but I'm a Marriott member so I figured it wouldn't be bad. First it is right on airport grounds so before of after flight, this will work, easily unless squeamish about seeing planes fly by your windows. The room was fairly clean, staff was nice, no one on the team had any complaints like the previous poster, housekeeping was quick to give plenty of extra towels for the kid's showers and tried to clean when we were out of the room because they knew people would nap or do homework. Front desk had map to rinks upon check in and local eating establishments. Can't comment on breakfast as we usually bring things since game time often overlaps breakfast serving. In passing it looked like usual food choices. Overall satisfied with only a few minor issues to be addressed: heating/cooling system is loud, lack of outlets, had less than other Fairfields so I assumed the age of hotel? although I could have called desk for new desk lamp since that didn't have the 2 extra outlets it should have working in lamp base, but still lacking, and the bathroom needs a really good once over. It was clean to a glance, but little things like the doorstop needed wiped or replaced, it was partly grungy, and small area between tub and shower needed heavy wiping, and where where the sticker had been pulled from toilet base, it yellowed and it first I thought it was dirty and gross. Should have been razored/widgeted off... Someone needs to just go through in one day to check AND FIX the little things. Otherwise I would still stay again if necessary, beds clean and comfy, nice shower flow and hot water and except for heating/cooling, it was quiet., decent TV and nice staff. kid's extra showers, and tried to clean the rooms according to tourney schedule. At front des

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Murray, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Fairfield Marriott in Rochester, NY, is very convenient because it is located right on airport property. It is clean and the employees are friendly and helpful. I especially appreciated the on-site complementary Continental breakfast.

The room was okay; functional and clean, but fairly small. The bathroom door barely clears the toilet when you open the door.

Overall, it was a good experience with the best thing being the close location to the airport.

Room Tip: Select a room away from the elevator, if possible, for less noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Colorsdo springs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Stains on everything. Changed rooms twice. Disgusting dripping stains down the bed skirts. Stains all over comforter. Couldn't even sleep bc I was so scared of what I was sleeping in. Absolutely disgusting in every way.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Fairfield Inn Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!