“Clean and Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Rochester
Albany, New York
“Clean and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

After a disappointing hotel stay in Buffalo, NY it was great to spend a night at the Radisson Rochester Riverside. The hotel itself is easy to get to, and check-in is quite simple. Getting to guest rooms is fast, as the hotel has 4 passenger elevators that go directly to the guest floors. The rooms are nicely appointed and well decorated. In addition the toiletry products the hotel includes are of high quality.

There were plenty of fresh towels in the bathroom, which might I add was nearly spotless. I appreciate a clean bathroom when I stay at a hotel. The clock-radio was also an iHome product, so I was able to hook up my iPhone easily and did not need to search out a wall plug.

The last thing I will remark on was the bed-it was a Sleep Number brand bed. I believe this is a newer addition to some guest rooms at the hotel, and while novel it seemed unnecessary. I have no idea what my, "sleep-number" is although the hotel's suggestion to use 35 seemed fairly accurate. It just felt like one more step to have to take to settle in, and then I didn't connect that you had to adjust both sides if you were sleeping in the bed alone. I think it was 35 on one side, and some other value on the other. It was a slightly restless evening for me. I would have preferred a room without this "upgrade" and will make that request for future stays (if available).

Overall a comfortable hotel and a place I would recommend to others who might visit the area.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the river-it is a much better view!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
We appreciate the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property and thank you for recommending out hotel! I am glad that you found your guestroom clean and comfortable. I am very proud of our team and we look forward to your next visit to Rochester! Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Florence, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

My boyfriend and me stayed only for one night, but it was really nice, clean and tidy room, with all confort! Very suggested also for briefh period! There is also the Legends a very nice pub restaurant where you can enjoy your dinner at any time!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your guestroom and Legends Sports Bar & Grille! We look forward to your next visit. Safe travels.
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Fist night there the room smelled very badly of mold and the temperature was set to 50s - it was freezing. We came in late the first night and were so exhausted that we didn't complain. Stink faded the next day but the room wasn't cleaned. We were there 4 nights. After the first 24 hours room was cleaned and didn't stink anymore so all was well.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside with the Trip Advisor community. I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced and have shared your concerns with our housekeeping team. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next visit. Thank you and safe travels!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

The hotel rooms are much bigger than the typical holiday inns and the pillows and bed are very comfortable too.

The toilet and bath was very clean and high end with toiletries.

Giving it 4* as it needs to be refurbished, provide fridge , complimentary water and good food options.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property. I am disappointed that you were unable to rate us a 5. I will be sure to review your concerns with our team. Please contact me directly the next time you are in town and I would be happy to ensure your 100% satisfaction.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

This hotel is wonderful.
The staff is knowledgeable and and the upper management is available

You can tell that this hotel has some signs of aging, but- that is expected.

The shuttle crew and the folks at the desk were very charming.

I've been here a few times and this is my first review. I will continue to show support for the staff at the radisson.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Johnson,
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We truly appreciate your loyalty to our property and I am glad that you had a great experience and look forward to your next visit. Safe travels.
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

My 2 room suite was not available at 5:30 pm check in. I was staying at the hotel to attend a wedding being held there. The parking garage is difficult to get to and from the hotel (especially with luggage). The rooms are in desperate need of new carpeting - in fact the whole hotel is in need of a make over and refresh. The staff were however very helpful and freindly.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! Although I am glad that you found our staff friendly and helpful, I am disappointed that our property did not exceed your expectations. Since our goal is to ensure 100% guest satisfaction, please contact me directly the next time you travel to Rochester and I am happy to ensure that your expectations are exceeded. Thank you again!
Gillett, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

The room was clean but there was no fridge or tissues in the tissue holder. Our room was across from the elevator which made for some noise outside of our room. I would suggest not getting a room outside of the elevators. Check in was quicker than it was last year. I would have liked the restaurant to open earlier for dinner since we had to be at our event by 6. There are no nice places to eat near the hotel so the hotel restaurant is your only option.

Dear Ms. Tavares,

Been to Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside? Share your experiences!