“Always Good!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Rochester
Manlius, New York
“Always Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stay in Rochester 4 times a year & always try to stay @ The Radisson Riverside! Sometimes it's booked so we have to find accommodations else where :( . The rooms are clean & comfortable w/ Sleep Number beds. I love staying on one of the higher floors for a better view of the city. The only draw back is the parking, most of the time we are parking later in the afternoon to early evening & almost always have to park all the way to the top. It's then a walk down the stairs (which could use some attention) and then down a hallway then up a flight of stairs then down an escalator to the front desk. Just a bit convoluted and a pain because you also have your luggage. Will absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We appreciate your loyalty to the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside and are glad that your experience was a positive one. Our focus is on guest service and the cleanliness of our property and I am very proud of the entire team! We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Bourne, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Stayed here to visit the U of Rochester and the accommodations were great. Only a couple of miles from everything, we had a nice time in this lovely hotel. Very well worth it and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Dear Anthony,
Thank you for the feedback pertaining to your recent stay at our newly renovated property! We appreciate your comments and are glad that you found your stay enjoyable. I have shared your comments with our team and we look forward to your next trip to Rochester! Safe Travels!
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed at the Radisson Riverside for a pleasure trip. I have stayed here many times. I usually like to be in the downtown area and I usually get my hotels on Hotwire, so I am not always assured of which hotel I will stay at, I just pick the best price for the star quality. Since there are only a few hotels downtown I can usually figure out in advance which one I am going to get. (ie. The Radisson is the 3 1/2 star, the Hyatt is the 4 star, the Crowne Rochester is the 3 star.) On this occasion the 3 1/2 star hotel that was in the "downtown" area was $66/ night. I figured even if it wasn't the Radisson it was still a decent deal. To my delight it turned out to be the Radisson, and $66/ night is a steal. Be advised that they do charge you $15/ day for parking.

Have stayed about everywhere in the Rochester downtown area, with the exception of the Strathallen (which is now a Double Tree). I would say the NEW rooms at the East Ave Inn are a little nicer and they do have a free continental breakfast, but rooms are $116 and up. Other then that the Radisson is nicer then the Crowne and on par with the Hyatt.

If you're looking for a nice, clean room downtown at an affordable price this is pretty good. There is also a bar and restaurant on the property but I didn't use it this time so I can't comment.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger. The West side of the hotel has a nicer view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We truly appreciate your loyalty to our property and I am glad that you had a great experience and feel that the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside is a great value for the price you paid. Thank you again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed here as a family with connecting rooms and it was a comfortable, clean, quiet stay. Staff was friendly, informative and helpful. The Legends restaurant was fine - used for quick bites, lunch and breakfast - all were good. Would recommend as a good location to downtown, etc. Had rooms with river view which was really nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside. I am so glad that you enjoyed your guestroom and the service that our team provided you during your stay. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to your next visit to Rochester. Safe Travels.
norwood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Very nice staff. Stayed here many other times n will to continue to return. Our room was a good size. I noticed a stain on the ceiling from leaking water n 3 days later when a storm came thru it leaked in 2 places. This has been our only bad experience
I'm not a fan of the restaurant but there are many good close by. Dino bbq to name one. Scotland Yard has really good pizza

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. They seem to be larger
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent experience at our property. I am glad that you found our staff nice and your stay comfortable. I apologize for the leak in your ceiling and have addressed this concern with our Engineering team. Since our goal is to ensure 100% satisfaction for each of our guests, please contact me directly the next time you visit Rochester and I would be happy to ensure that you expectations are exceeded.
Utica, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several years now and always look forward to a clean and comfortable visit with very efficient staff !!!! I will definately stay again and again..The pool and fitness room are also bonuses

Dear Cindy,
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We are glad that you always find your stays enjoyable at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside! We appreciate your recommendation and your loyalty. We look forward to your next visit to Rochester! Safe travels.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed 4 nights. EVERYONE was extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean, quiet and comfortable overlooking the river. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in Rochester.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, August 1, 2014

Been to Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside? Share your experiences!