“Nice loacation and best price downtown” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Rochester
Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice loacation and best price downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed at the Radisson Riverside for a pleasure trip. I have stayed here many times. I usually like to be in the downtown area and I usually get my hotels on Hotwire, so I am not always assured of which hotel I will stay at, I just pick the best price for the star quality. Since there are only a few hotels downtown I can usually figure out in advance which one I am going to get. (ie. The Radisson is the 3 1/2 star, the Hyatt is the 4 star, the Crowne Rochester is the 3 star.) On this occasion the 3 1/2 star hotel that was in the "downtown" area was $66/ night. I figured even if it wasn't the Radisson it was still a decent deal. To my delight it turned out to be the Radisson, and $66/ night is a steal. Be advised that they do charge you $15/ day for parking.

Have stayed about everywhere in the Rochester downtown area, with the exception of the Strathallen (which is now a Double Tree). I would say the NEW rooms at the East Ave Inn are a little nicer and they do have a free continental breakfast, but rooms are $116 and up. Other then that the Radisson is nicer then the Crowne and on par with the Hyatt.

If you're looking for a nice, clean room downtown at an affordable price this is pretty good. There is also a bar and restaurant on the property but I didn't use it this time so I can't comment.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger. The West side of the hotel has a nicer view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We truly appreciate your loyalty to our property and I am glad that you had a great experience and feel that the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside is a great value for the price you paid. Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed here as a family with connecting rooms and it was a comfortable, clean, quiet stay. Staff was friendly, informative and helpful. The Legends restaurant was fine - used for quick bites, lunch and breakfast - all were good. Would recommend as a good location to downtown, etc. Had rooms with river view which was really nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside. I am so glad that you enjoyed your guestroom and the service that our team provided you during your stay. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to your next visit to Rochester. Safe Travels.
norwood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Very nice staff. Stayed here many other times n will to continue to return. Our room was a good size. I noticed a stain on the ceiling from leaking water n 3 days later when a storm came thru it leaked in 2 places. This has been our only bad experience
I'm not a fan of the restaurant but there are many good close by. Dino bbq to name one. Scotland Yard has really good pizza

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. They seem to be larger
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your recent experience at our property. I am glad that you found our staff nice and your stay comfortable. I apologize for the leak in your ceiling and have addressed this concern with our Engineering team. Since our goal is to ensure 100% satisfaction for each of our guests, please contact me directly the next time you visit Rochester and I would be happy to ensure that you expectations are exceeded.
Utica, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several years now and always look forward to a clean and comfortable visit with very efficient staff !!!! I will definately stay again and again..The pool and fitness room are also bonuses

Dear Cindy,
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We are glad that you always find your stays enjoyable at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside! We appreciate your recommendation and your loyalty. We look forward to your next visit to Rochester! Safe travels.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed 4 nights. EVERYONE was extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean, quiet and comfortable overlooking the river. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in Rochester.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

From the hallway into the hotel from the parking ramp, to the lobby to room decor and amenities -- it is a tired hotel in desparate need of a facelift. Nothing was really wrong but just worn out. The one great thing was the abundance of hot water and the great showerhead. Sadly, that's all I have to recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! I am very disappointed that you had a less than satisfactory experience at our property. As it relates to our carpets, you will be happy to know that we are in the process of replacing both our lobby carpet and Legend’s Restaurant carpet in addition to renovating our front and back entry ways. Since our goal is to ensure 100% guest satisfaction, please contact me directly the next time you travel to Rochester and I am happy to ensure that your expectations are exceeded. Thank you again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The staff and restaurant were great! The carpet needed to get some stains removed. Other than that it was suitable for our stay. I would recommend to anyone. Even tho hotel was full we never had to wait long for an elevator.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We truly appreciate your loyalty to our property and I am glad that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed your dining experience in Legends! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the team! As it relates to our carpets, you will be happy to know that we are in the process of replacing both our lobby carpet and Legend’s Restaurant carpet in addition to renovating our front and back entry ways. Thank you again!

Been to Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside? Share your experiences!