“Nice accommodations on the river” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Rochester
Ipswich, Massachusetts
“Nice accommodations on the river”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while on a college visit. The lobby was welcoming, the front desk staff was very courteous and efficient. Our room had 2 queen beds, which were sufficiently comfortable. The cable connection on the TV was loose, so the picture went off and on occasionally (but I fixed it!). The hotel is a bit dated, but it's clean. We'll be traveling to Rochester fairly often over the next few years, and I imagine we'll stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! We appreciate your loyalty and are glad that your experience was a positive one. Our focus is on guest service and the cleanliness of our property and I am very proud of our exception Front Office team! We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife, son and I visited Rochester and stayed at the Radisson. The hotel while dated was clean and comfortable. The staff was nice. We had an issue with the air-conditioner and while maintenance came up to fix it, it never did work properly. We had a room with a nice view of the river and the room service food was good. The hotel does not appear to be in the best part of town and the parking is a little "scary" but all in all I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay at our property! I am glad that you found our staff nice and enjoyed the food in Legends SPorts Bar & Grille.. I apologize for your inconvenience as it related to your air conditioner and I have addressed your concerns with our team. Please contact me directly the next time that you are in Rochester and I would be happy to personally ensure that you are 100% satisfied.
Corning, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Charles (security) was very helpful with the recovery of an item I left at the hotel. He took prompt action and made sure to ship it out the same day. I greatly appreciated his level of customer service.

A couple items keep me from giving this hotel a top score, one issue with the room (sleep number bed didn't work properly) and the parking garage was a little sketchy with it appearing to be the smoking access for "Legends".

Otherwise the location and overall customer service was wonderful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback that you recently provided through Trip Advisor! We are happy that you enjoyed your experience! I am glad that Charlie was able to assist in finding your lost item. I am proud of Charlie’s efforts and will be sure to pass along your kind words to him. Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit!
Greece, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Had to go there for a event.it was so unsafe . my wife and I were in THERE parking garage we were parked near the top we were both scared. and had to run to are car. There were more people in the garage hanging out than we saw in the hotel. with NO SECURITY ANYWHERE!!. My wife said what if I came alone. I wouldn't want to think what would of happened.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! I apologize that you and your wife felt unsafe in our parking garage. Please be advised that we have 24 hour security at the property and our security officers patrol the parking garage on an hourly basis and our staff members are available to walk guests to their cars if requested. Thanks again for your comments and please contact me directly the next time you are in town and I would be happy to ensure your 100% satisfaction.
Rigby, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This property shows its age in just about every respect. From the outside it looks dated with a pink/salmon color scheme. Access from the parking garage, the elevators, hallways, and parts of the guest rooms are also dated. Noise from the hallways entered my guest room unabated. The room I was given was nice, with a view over the river. The bed was comfortable. In the bathroom there was a non-functional overhead light (the vanity lights did work though) and a big gaping hole in the broken bathtub tile right behind the tub spigot. This type of damage needs to be fixed before allowing guests to occupy the room. I stayed here on a Saturday night using Club Carlson points, which were significantly less at this hotel than other Radisson properties. I arrived to a very busy scene with weekend guests (loud, some drunk) everywhere. I checked in and then parked in the garage (this property charges $7 per night to park). The parking garage is difficult unless you have a compact car, not to mention absolutely filthy. If you don't have a vehicle with you, even better. I'm not sure what the atmosphere here is during the week, but it appears that to fill the hotel on weekends the management attracts a lot of loud partying crowds. I left very early in the morning for the airport, and did not try the restaurant. I would not choose this property again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
On behalf of our entire staff here at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.
Please accept our apology and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area. If you would like to discuss your experience further with me, please don't hesitate to call me at (585) 546-6400.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The hotel had everything you want. The staff was helpful and attentive. I was called in my room about 10 minutes after arrival to see if the amenities were to my satisfaction. My wife asked about a store open on Easter Sunday...we were told of one and when we came to the lobby we were handed directions on paper. The restaurant served one of the best burgers I have ever tasted.
Frank at the desk should be singled out for his attention to detail and overall incredible service!!
Cheers

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MichaelMarsch, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor comments! I am glad that our team was able to accommodate all of your needs and that you enjoyed your dining experience in Legends! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Frankie and the rest of our team!
ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Nice, large hotel with good staff. The only issue was the bed comforter had strains of hair all over it. Pretty gross. Some dust as well in the room. Different company, but the convention center food was gross.

Room Tip: It was pretty quiet on 15th floor but some wait time for elevator. We were with a huge group.