“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   384 East Avenue, Rochester, NY 14607   |
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The location is great , here for a wedding and the staff has been amazing. Very clean comfortable room ,very comfy bed and coffee in your room of you're not friendly in the morning ! Lisa and the staff are great !!!!!
Would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Speak to Lisa or her staff ,can't say enough about them
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I got a free room here for getting a group from my wedding to stay here. It was a great place to stay. The corner suite is huge. The bed is very comfortable and the bathroom is very nice. The suite had a nice couch and small table. This room was big enough to have 10 of my friends hang out in there, and it still didn't feel small.

I think it can get noisy because many wedding groups will stay here and people party after the wedding.

I saw my other friends' suites and those were nice too. I recommend getting a suite if you decide to stay here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Derby, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Management here understands the value of making a great first impression. In Rochester to attend the Jazz Festival in June, we chose the East Avenue Inn for its location which is easy striking distance to all the venues. At smooth check-in, Lisa, the manager, who knows how to make guests feel welcome in a professional manner - upgraded us to a suite, much to our delight. Later, this same manager who was headed home after a long work day became our guardian angel and personally shuttled us over to a concert during a major thunderstorm. This outstanding service & hospitality was a highlight of this trip!
The spacious suites sport new urban decor with many fine touches: 50 in HD TV, special reading lamps above large night tables, and a makeup nook with stool in sleek bathrooms. Especially nice are quality drapes and sun shades and the return of real window sills. The lounge and other common areas around/outside/connecting the hotel are lovely, featuring fireplaces & thoughtfully planned landscaping and flowers.
If you appreciate the concept that a caterpillar turns into a refreshingly beautiful butterfly - you will enjoy your stay at this property that is definitely striving toward an impressive direction. Great courteous staff all around; many thanks again to Lisa, Jesus, Nathalie & Amber for excellent & warm service.

Room Tip: We had a room with windows facing the back of property instead of parking lot and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
eastaveinn, Manager at The East Avenue Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review The East Avenue Inn & Suites. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here. Its especially nice to hear that you appreciated our professional staff and our well appointed suites. We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the Rochester International Jazz Festival, but there is still a lot left for you to see in Rochester. We hope you visit again soon so we can show you around again!
Cheektowaga, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Just renovated! Stayed here may 2014. Upgraded us to a suite for free. Nice rooms, clean, good service. Hotel is in a popular nightlife area. Only reason I did not give 5/5 stars was because the hotels free WiFi was not working (as advertised) the night we stayed. Otherwise- great stay, great location, great restaurant, great bar, clean, great service. I will come back here next time I visit Rochester.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
eastaveinn, Manager at The East Avenue Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review The East Avenue Inn & Suites. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here and that you took advantage of some of the nightlife destinations in the East End. Its especially nice to hear that you had dinner at our adjoining restaurant the City Grill Rochester. We do apologize for the wi-fi outage this past weekend. The problem has been repaired and, as always, the hotel is back to providing free, reliable, and fast internet service to all of our guests. We hope you visit again soon!
Belleville, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I dont know if I have ever stayed in a hotel that was as out of control as this one was. The first night we were repeatedly awakened by people yelling and running up and down the hallways. I dont think I slept any more than a couple of hours. I spoke to the manager who refunded me half of the room rate and advised he would move us to another room. Well, the second night was even worse. I think we may have been the only ones who were not drunk, loud, obnoxious and running up and down the halls all night. The walls in this hotel are paper thin which became obvious around 3:30AM when you could clearly hear our drunken neighbour in the next room vomiting. The parking lot was also filled with drunken loud partiers who had been visiting the bar attached to the hotel. When I spoke to the desk clerk the next day, she advised that there was no manager available and to follow up another day. She also stated that there was security apparently on duty all night, however, they were nowhere to be seen. The rooms themselves were very nice, it was obvious that a fair bit of money had been spent renovating the rooms. It pretty obvious that if they continue renting to revellers, that wont last long. Would I stay there again????? You couldnt pay me enough money to stay there again !!!!!!

Room Tip: choose another Hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
eastaveinn, Manager at The East Avenue Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review The East Avenue Inn & Suites. We're sorry you had an unpleasant stay here. We'd like to let you know that with the opening of the all-new restaurant and event space next door, the City Grill & Ballroom 384, we have improved the security services present on the entire property. This includes additional personnel stationed in the parking lot and in the hotel itself. Comments like your make us realize just how important effective security and noise control is to our customers and we hope you contact us directly so we can live up to our promise to guarantee guest satisfaction.
DENVER
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I've stayed here twice for a week at a time for work with very good results. They are renovating starting at the far end of the hotel and I'll tell, you the front end looks pretty creepy which shows you what great job they're doing with the renovations. I think this must have been Days Inn from maybe the late 60s or early 70s? The renovated rooms are very comfortable and pleasant.

These comments are pretty nitpicky since my stays here were very pleasant.

When I stayed the second floor it seemed that rather than resurface the floors properly they just put plywood down and then the carpet. Because of this the floors are a bit squeaky and not quite firm. This is not a big deal but they might consider spending more time on the floors in the remaining rooms.

When I stayed downstairs the first room had no water pressure so I changed rooms and it was fine.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

For this and all future reviews I'm going to start rating internet, towels and toilet paper on a 1 to 5 ranking.

Internet - 2/5 I was able to stream video (Hulu/Netflix) during the day but after 6 pm or so forget it.

Toilet paper - 1/5 Ugh, I need to start bringing my own when I travel.

Towels - 3/5

I've spent a ton of time in Rochester over the last few months while working in Webster and prefer to be in the downtown area and commute rather than stay in Webster. This hotel was perfect for that. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I liked staying on the ground floor better than the second floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
eastaveinn, Manager at The East Avenue Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review The East Avenue Inn & Suites. We''re glad you enjoyed your stay here and we're especially thrilled to hear that you found added value in the area surrounding the hotel. While there are many fine hotels in the Rochester suburbs of Webster, Henrietta, and Victor, the growing number local shops, restaurants, and attractions found in the East End neighborhood can simply not be found anywhere else in Monroe County. We appreciate your constructive comments about our in-room amenities and hope you visit again soon as we are always striving to produce the best guest experience possible.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I spent several nights at this hotel in early May and overall it was good experience. The location is great, with easy walking distance to the Arts Area, Memorial Art Gallery, George Eastman House and good restaurants. There's plenty of free parking and lot was pretty secure. My room was a basic single queen but it did the job as a quiet, clean, comfortable place to crash after a long day. The bedding was fantastic, especially the pillows. I have trouble with hotel pillows and always travel with my own. This time my own pillow wasn't needed. The flat screen tv in each room is mounted to the wall and though I'm not a big tv person, it was also nice to enjoy from the bed after a long day. The room / bathroom were clean with plenty of nice towels and other amenities, including an in-room safe, coffee maker, iron / board.
The hotel is in somewhat of a transition, with two of the four buildings fully renovated while the other lookiing old and rundown. I peeped into building #2 and it smelled really bad so hopefully that will be renovated soon. Make sure to request a room on the even-numbered side of the building. From the second floor window in my room I had a beautiful view of a park with trees in bloom and plenty of birds and rabbits to watch from the window each morning. Really peaceful and nice. The other side of hotel is view of parking lot.
The complimentary breakfast was pretty much the standard buffet-style carb fest (no eggs, hot items) but there's fresh fruit and the waffles didn't look bad. I ended up visiting The Buzz at Wegman's down the street (a couple miles up, in between University and East Ave). For $2.50 you can get a really nice breakfast sandwich on multigrain English Muffin.
There's a restaurant adjacent to the hotel lobby, just across parking lot, but I didn't try. When I went in it was really crowded but there are many places within walking distance. I recommend Edibles or Starry Nights on University. Across the street is an excellent dessert place.
I'd stay at this hotel again when I return to Rochester.

Room Tip: opt for room on the even-numbered side of building to get a nice little view of nature. second floor...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
eastaveinn, Manager at The East Avenue Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review The East Avenue Inn & Suites. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here and we're especially pleased to hear that sampled some of the fine cuisine found in Rochester's East End. We'd like to let you know that as the revitalization of the property nears completion the traveler experience found on this corner of Rochester will only get better. We hope you visit again soon, you still have lots to see!

Been to The East Avenue Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!