“Highly Recommended!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Cleveland, Ohio
“Highly Recommended!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My friends and I had an amazing experience. We traveled from Ohio for our friends wedding. We were very happy with our stay. The staff was extremely nice and very helpful. The hotel is very reasonably priced as well as very clean. I had stayed in a room with two other people; we needed extra blankets because I was going to sleep on the couch that pulled out into a bed. The staff brought the blankets to the door rather quickly and even offered to make the bed for me. Super friendly!!! The hotel ambiance was outstanding. As a designer, I am hardly impressed with certain hotel décor, but I was very impressed!!! The hotel is newly finished with modern furniture and finishes. Any person could tell that the hotel had recently been renovated. There was new corridor finishes and lighting, the bedrooms were very spacious as well as nicely arranged. Bathroom was clean and with complementary bath and body works lotion, shampoo and soap, not the typical cheap hotel toiletries. The toilet room also has a personal makeup mirror and vanity area. Spacious closet, huge tv, I-pod dock, the works… They really thought of everything to make the guest feel comfortable and at home. All-in-all I had an amazing stay at this hotel and would highly recommend staying there. Thank you for the terrific experience!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at The East Avenue Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for choosing The East Avenue Inn & Suites! We're glad you enjoyed your stay here and we are happy you are sharing your experience with others. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

My sister and I only spent one night here on a weekend. We picked the hotel for the location which was excellent! In middle of the entertaiment district.
The room was not modern, but clean and spacious. There was plenty of towels and toiletpaper, and the bed was clean and comfortable.
The receptionist was friendly and helpful, and knowlageble about the area. We needed a wine opener and iron, and it was brought up immediately after we called the front desk.
The price was ok, we got what we paid for.

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at The East Avenue Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you for choosing The East Avenue Inn & Suites! We're glad you enjoyed your stay here. We hope you return and try out our brand new Deluxe Guest Rooms and Suites later this summer.
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I stayed there for a night a few weeks ago. Was in town for Jersey Boys. The door we were told to go too wouldn't open. FINALLY we found an alternative door to use. Left Saturday Morning,and by Saturday night I had PINK EYE ! Not only in one eye but BOTH ! So staying here for 1 night not only cost me the price of the room,but 2 DAYS of work( about 350 dollars),a prescription for eye drops that were $101 dollars, and the cost to replace ALL my make up ! Do they wash the damn sheets? I know there had to be kids in the room,because when I turned the TV on it was on Nickolodeon,,NEVER WILL STAY HERE AGAIN ! UNREAL !

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
eastaveinn, Manager at The East Avenue Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for choosing The East Avenue Inn. We're sorry you had an unpleasant stay. We hope you try our hotel again after our 2012 renovation is complete. All of our rooms are being remodeled to feature contemporary styling and imaginative design elements complementary to the artistic and musical East Avenue neighborhood. The first of our remodeled rooms will be available this summer 2012.
Trumansburg, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

This inn is being renovated-thankfully. It is in the entertainment district. We stayed there so that we could walk to the Rochester Broadway Theatre League theatre. We had seen reviews that warned about parking vandalism near the theatre. The location was a nice 4 block walk and allowed us to dine at a good Italian Rest.-Gusto (good, not great-dinner with wine +tip less than $60). I was reminded of a Soviet Prison although I've never been in one. There were stains everywhere and holes in the spread. It clearly hadn't been upgraded in 30 years. HOWEVER, The bed was very comfortable- better than I've had in 5 star hotels-go figure. If you don't care about amenities, e.g. not even a hair drier and only one electrical outlet in the austere bathroom (and across from the sink and counter) the location is not bad, and you will sleep well. otherwise, wait for them to complete the renovation

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing The East Avenue Inn. We hope you try our hotel again after our 2012 renovation is complete. New rooms will start to become available this summer and are designed with customers like you in mind. They are styled to complement the artistic and musical side of Rochester seen in venues like the Rochester Broadway Theatre League and fine restaurants like Gusto.
Ithaca, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Place was sketchy, inside & out. Room & bedding was dingy. I checked in at night, and failed to notice a condom wrapper under the edge of the bed until I was gathering my things for check-out. I cannot picture a reason for someone to stay here, other than it being the last room left in the county...even then. I bet the YMCA has a better room.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
eastaveinn, Manager at The East Avenue Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
The East Avenue Inn & Suites is under new ownership. Brand New Premium guest rooms and suites will be available May 1 2012.

Been to The East Avenue Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!