“Great Find in Rochester, NY” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast & WiFi
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Rochester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Francisco, United States
“Great Find in Rochester, NY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Outstanding property. Don't miss this hotel. Great staff/service. Dinner menu, wine list and staff are superior. Close to everything. I would go back in a heart beat. This was a real surprise as I've been visiting Rochester for 40 years but usually stay with family. Our visit was for a wedding and there was even an after-reception party in the lobby on Saturday evening. It was perfect.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

jayrettberg, General Manager at Strathallan - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for choosing The Strathallan, and we're glad you found us too! We appreciate you taking the time to write such a kind review, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
frederick, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The layout of the suite was very strange. No access to the bathroom or closet from the bedroom. Temperature controls in bedroom not quite working right. Restaurant downstairs expensive for so-so food. We stayed here because of the location. I'll look around next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback. Our wonderful location and restaurant may not be for everyone, that's why Rochester has so many wonderful choices.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in early November 2013 and had a great experience. It is in a great location surrounded by grand old homes and a short walk to the Eastman House, the Memorial Museum shopping and restaurants. Our queen suite was roomy, comfortable and nicely appointed - definitely 4 star. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast in the hotel was very good. The price was very reasonable for the ameniites and quality of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing The Strathallan and for your kind review. We couldn't agree more about our great location and staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Rochester.
Cape May, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had to book this hotel after previous accommodations fell through. I ended up calling the hotel and booking three days prior to my arrival date and was very happy with how things went.

We ended up booking two rooms for two nights both of which were suites. Upon entering the facility (after a six hour car ride) my brother and I were greeted with happy and professional staff. Being in the hotel business for many years I like to do things myself and had no pressure by staff to help with luggage or parking with the car which made me very happy. I was however surprised that once I told the front desk my name and my length of stay that there was no ask for any proof of identification, come to think of it I don't remember showing I.d at all during my stay. Some hotels have different protocols so I paid no mind but still would be a good idea to make this an s.o.p just for security purposes.

I was very pleased with the room and the lovely view of rochester! I was also pleased with the speedy service and professionalism by staff. Anything that I needed was taken care of.

Where this hotel really shines though is their amazing restaurant char. As soon as I say down for lunch I was able to talk shop with the restaurant manager (who's name I unfortunately forget) for a good fifteen minutes. That amount of person ability is hard to find. The burger we had for lunch was great but the breakfast was even better. I was going to a wedding in the afternoon and needed a lot of food. The buffet was amazing and the omelette (wild mushroom, goat cheese onion and bacon) was superb! And the young lady serving was so sweet.

But the biggest suprise came in the form of an amazing dish that the chef made from scratch (dinner menu I was told doesn't start til after five) just for us which was probably the best appetizer I've ever had. The Frutti De Mare consisted of muscles, clams, prawns, squid, and octopus and was served on a bed of squid ink risotto and a spicy tomato sauce. Kudos to the chef who concocted such a lovely flavor pairing it was really well executed in every way!

The only things I'd recommend to management is to make sure that the hilton brand is brought to the forefront online because I had no idea this was a doubletree property until I really had the chance to do some serious research.

And also, the guest elevators seemed very cramped with staff from various departments, making it hard at times to get the elevators during the afternoon hours. Is the an employee elevator on site for staff?

Stayed November 2013
Thank you for choosing The Strathallan and for taking the time to write such a kind and thoughtful review. We truly appreciate your feedback as we strive to not only meet but exceed our guests' expectations. We are very proud of the excellent staff, chef, and managers we have in both the hotel and our restaurant Char, and are happy to hear you were able to interact and speak with so many of them. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Rochester.
Asheville, NC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had a wonderful experience. The front desk staff and shuttle staff were very helpful. The location was very convenient. I enjoyed walks around the quaint neighborhood and the short walking distance to wonderul resteraunts, galleries and museams.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us. We are very proud of our wonderful staff and pleased to hear you found them helpful. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Rochester.
Saratoga Springs, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great hotel in a great, quiet location, but still very close to downtown. I enjoyed a run down East Ave. through the "mansion district" which was breathtaking. Although I did not have an opportunity to partake, there was a great fire-pit that looked the ideal location to have a cocktail.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We truly are located in a lovely area of the city and are glad you enjoyed our neighborhood and hotel. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Rochester.
Rochester, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Truly enjoyed my stay! Beautiful facility and I felt safe. The staff was friendly and helpful. The food was excellent - some of the best food I have every had. Just a couple of suggestions, would have loved to have a robe available, as well as an extra blanket in the room. Otherwise than that, no complaints. Can't wait for a return visit!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for choosing The Strathallan. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you felt safe and comfortable with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit..

Been to Strathallan - a DoubleTree by Hilton? Share your experiences!