“good but........” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago
“good but........”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We were travelling at night, trying to find any marriott in upstate NY during a rainstorm. Albany, Syracuse, and Buffalo were all booked as far as Marriotts, which is the brand that we stick with and are happy with due to our gold elite status, allowing me and my family the use of the concierge lounge. The hotel itself was nice, but the lounge and the breakfast was probably the worst that I have had in all the many stays that we have had with the chain. Stale cheese, poor selection and general below Marriott standards for the lounge made the breakfast part disappointing. What made the stay nice was the room and the help and the desk, particularly one woman, all alone, who handled various issues with ease dispite her short employment with the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed here with my family for the weekend. The hotel was extremely clean and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. My only complaint is that the rooms have two double beds and not two queen beds. This seems to be an issue with all Marriott hotels in the Rochester area because I couldn't find any Marriott brand hotel that had queen beds when I was looking to make reservations. We made a request for a pullout bed, and it was in the room and made up when we arrived. They also had extra towels and pillows for us when we arrived.

We were eligible for the Concierge Level room, but it is closed on weekends, so they offer a complimentary buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant. The breakfast was great (made to order omelets and waffles) and had a great selection of breakfast meats, breads, scrambled eggs, fruits, and cereals. They also have a fire pit in the courtyard and will light it at a guest's request. We really enjoyed sitting by the fire late Saturday night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed just for 1 night, the room was very clean, the hotel looks new. All the common areas are kept up very nicely. There is a bar open till 2 am. There is a restaurant but we only went for breakfast. The breakfast buffet was fine, the usual items, you can get an omlette or eggs made to order. There are restaurants in close proximity.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Good Clean hotel located in a decent part of town. The entire hotel was well kept and the staff was helpful. Only down fall was the bed - it was comfortable but damaged on one side, plking you in the leg when you sat on the edge. No other complaints.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

It was part of business meeting. The positives first, quit and clean rooms. The keys does not work and I have to program it every day. I can not get the room of my choice for the three night i stayed in the hotel. Most staff I met are under training. The information I receive is lacking experience. They are trying to be nice but you feel it is againest their nature. I am not impressed by the staff and the service. I heard the same feeling from my colleagues. I used to have much better service from Marriott brand. This one does not meet the standards.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Vickie is great in the concierge lounge. Made me feel at home.
Rooms were clean and quiet.
Not a single complaint. The area is very nice with good restaurants and shopping nearby. Even the parking lot was spacious and clean!

• Stayed August 2012
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have recently spent a week at this hotel and cannot phrase the staff too much.
My colleague and I arrived late on Sunday night and had a stress free check-in.
Our rooms were very clean and well presented.
All the staff were very helpful, and when asked for directions even printed us out maps to help us. The breakfasts were consistently great, and when I was unfortunate enough to be ill with a cold for a couple of days everyone kept an eye on me (I was even sent back to bed to rest by a very helpful cleaner!)
Many thanks for such a great stay, if I am ever back in Rochester I will be back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Owner at Marriott Rochester Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review! Whether positive or negative, we greatly appreciate feedback from our guests. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon should you ever find yourself traveling to Rochester, NY in the future.

Thank you!

Been to Marriott Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!